Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Chas, question for ya (I am using this thread, since most of us will be attending the JT performance the day before the roadtrip); have you heard the "New Year's Day (USA Remix)" version from the WAR remastered edition CD?
This version, made me love this song again.

I could totally see you guys playing it that way.
Just a thought.:)

I have not heard it yet. I'll try to get a copy and see what we can do.

Also, if you need to get a hold of me call my secretary, Mr. BAW!:giggle: He has the number to the exclusive flashing red Chedge-phone. :p

Cool!
I believe that the decision has been made; Sunday morning, January 11th.
We'll probably get to the location around 12 pm or 1 pm?
:)

How annoying would it be for someone in the Chino area to get to LAX? I can get a cheap flight from Tucson to LA, cheaper than from Phoenix to Ontario.

Leave by 9 and you can make it by then. It's probably a 3 hour drive or so from Ontario.
That would be perfect right?
:up:

How annoying would it be for someone in the Chino area to get to LAX? I can get a cheap flight from Tucson to LA, cheaper than from Phoenix to Ontario.
Annoying? Well it would be about a 50 minute drive, my guess. Also, it depends on the day you are getting here.
Either way it won't be that bad.:)

We had the same problem a couple years back when we flew to Tucson...just in reverse...we went out of LAX, our other choices were ONT and Orange County but there's too many side stops or layovers...If you were interested in splitting your flight (one-way), I did see a $77 Southwest flight from TUS to ONT that leaves AZ at 7 a.m. and lands in ONT at 10 a.m. (one hour time difference) so its only 3 hours but at least you're landing in her backyard (Chino)..

And then I found a Monday morning return trip from ONT to TUS at 6:35 am which lands during the 10 a.m. for only $105...but I'm not sure what you're schedules are...I think these two are good choices just to keep your friend in love with you.. :lol:

you just need to play with the schedules .. good luck...

^, ^^ Thank you so much. :hug: I talked to her and she said as long as I came in late (after rush hour) Friday or early Saturday she'd love me enough to drive out to LA. Carek has offered to help shuffle me about too :hug: so I think I"m gonna try to book something this weekend :hyper:

Ok so can someone tell me the exact meeting spot then? Is there an address I can mapquest or if you have good directions from San Diego :hmm: And so the meeting time is 9 AM? Or is it earlier for breakfast. If we stop to eat after 9 we won't get to the tree by 12....

Here's the address for Mel's:
11550 Fourth Street
Rancho Cucamonga, California

It's across the street from the Ontario Mills at the junction of the 10 and 15 freeways. I agree that we'll have to meet earlier than 9 if we want to eat breakfast and get to the tree around noon.

My breakfast vote is still for Mel's. :drool:
home_mainpic2.jpg

excuse me, Flo!?:lol:

I will be cold, ha? In the desert?

Do you need us to warm you up then C? :hmm:

It's hard to know about the weather. When I went in January this year it wasn't very cold. I had a coat on but was able to take it off by noon. It was perfect weather in fact. But that doesn't mean this time it won't be colder that day... definitely bring a warm coat... no shorts... and you should be fine. (Layer :D )

Back
Top Bottom