Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a few more

JT1-11-2009treeNLOTH.jpg

JT1-11-20092trees2.jpg

this one is blurry sorry :( (but the ranger was closing in on us so we were in a hurry :lol: )

JT1-11-2009crew.jpg

(and Fitz is wearing a lovely hat :cute: )

:applaud: Thank you all for sharing, wish I coulda been there but maybe next time. Looks like the weather was mild for you all and that everyone had a great time! Well done! :up: Great to see NLOTH has already been acknowledged at the site!!

I think a great time was had by all, it was nice to see familiar faces as well as new ones! (maryann, Ethan, Rita and Trevor) Nice to meet you all! BC the pics are excellent!!!! your hubby does a good job!:applaud:

Looks like a great crew, weather and a fun time...we're sorry we missed it but baby-watch continues...just for my info...how long did it take to get there? what time did you arrive? how long did it take to get back? when did you get back to Ontario?

BTW, here's a photo of the Ranger checking what Carlos left behind....Good Times! :up:

big_foot_print1.jpg

Amanda, we were hoping you had. Yeah, the plaque was right next to the tree. It is made out of copper, it very nicely done. The ranger asked if we knew who put it there...we were like :shrug:

He also asked us to keep this location on the DL, he said that if more people know where it is and they start showing in droves...they might have to remove the plaque. :|

He said we were the biggest group he ever knew of so far to visit together. We had seen him checking us out for awhile from the road before he walked down. I didn't know they kept such a close eye on it.

Great pics!

If U2 had started their tour in Vegas, as was originally planned, I'm sure more people would have made the trek at that time - I know we were planning on doing so..

It was an awesome weekend! First, JT did a tremendous job. Thank you guys so much for giving me the chance to experience U2 songs live that I know the band will never play (like "Trip Through Your Wires" -- wow!!). And thank you so much to Jason for dedicating a song to us and wishing us a great journey.

Second, thank you again so much to Mr. and Mrs. BC. I doubt we would have found the tree without you. I really appreciate having both of you as guides. And thank you again to the Kodak Theater group for coming up with the idea in the first place.

Now, pictures. I have many more in my Photobucket that you can see here. There are a few pictures I want to redo in black and white to give it the true U2/Anton feel. I'll post those when I get the chance.

Carlos and Trevor at our last stop before the tree:
17406-albums107-picture824.jpg

The lovely facilities:
17406-albums107-picture825.jpg

Everyone checking out the tree:
17406-albums107-picture827.jpg

By the way I wanted to say again I was so happy to meet some of you for the first time!

zuropa, cleasai, sycmioyo, Mr. Baw, TheEdge U2JT

and great seeing those I have met before again and getting to know you all a bit better!

RedRocksU2, dsmith, BonoFox, dgluvsu2, Fitz

:hug:s you all!

Amanda, we were hoping you had. Yeah, the plaque was right next to the tree. It is made out of copper, it very nicely done. The ranger asked if we knew who put it there...we were like :shrug:

He also asked us to keep this location on the DL, he said that if more people know where it is and they start showing in droves...they might have to remove the plaque. :|

I didn't know I was going to have off of work until last Wed. Plus I didn't have anyone at home that would drive with me "just to look at a tree." I think it would freak me out to drive through the desert alone without any cell phone reception. I'll get to the tree one day....

We should go to JTNP in March. I'll make sure I have time off and can find a travel buddy for the road.

Nice job Dev!:hug:

Well, the thought of making another trip is up for grabs. Possibly this year or making this an annual thing.

there's video!!!! :hyper::hyper:

Yeah, just a short clip. The first part and the last part are great; the middle part is a bit like trying to watch Cloverfield while riding a roller coaster. :huh: I'll see what my friend can do with it in iLife before I put it up.

I had a fantastic time! The BIGGEST shout out and thank you to Carlos for driving. :hug: :up: (Check the inside of your arm rest. :wink: )

It was really nice to see Interference friends again (Carlos, Dev, Kathleen, Cecy and Rick) and to meet wonderful new blue crack addicts! Maryanne, it was a pleasure sharing the back seat with you. :D

I really want to thank the group for making the trek out, and for inviting me along (Dev :hug: ); I never would've gone all by myself - and it was so much more fun with all of you.

:D

Fitz's pics coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom