Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
still.jpg

................until Sunday :D

Show starts at 9. I'll get there around 8-8:30 I think. I've never been there so I don't know the set up. Is anyone getting there earlier?

Hey guys I have a question. How long is everyone planning on staying once we get to the tree? I have to be back at work in San Diego at 10pm that night. According to Google Maps the tree is about 5 hours away from me (6 with traffic). I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of everything.

Realistically, (since a group usually always moves slower and leaves later than a person or two) we'll probably get to the tree around 12:30 or 1:00. I really don't know how long one is supposed to visit and pay homage to the tree, but I'm guessing 3 to 4 hours is more than enough. (Though it would be kind of cool to be there at sundown, since sunset is my favorite time of day.) But if 3 to 4 hours is the case, that should give you enough time to get back to SD, providing you don't carpool with anyone and just drive out to the tree on your own so you can leave directly from there to San Diego.

:scratch: Was that monologue even helpful in the least???

3-4 hours? To pay homage to a fallen tree? Am I being unrealistic in suggesting that my devotion might be able to be expressed in under 4 hours? Does that make me a bad fan :reject: ?

You know the more I think about this, I don't know if this is going to be such a good plan for me. I have to be at work at 10pm and then to my other job at 10am. When exactly am I going to sleep?

I'm up for staying as long as everyone decides, was thinking I'd play it by ear. (Last time I went I stayed about an hour, we had time to take a lot of pics, explore the immediate area a bit, and take a little time to look at the things previous visitors placed in the "U2Tube". After my family went back to the car I spent an extra few minutes alone at the tree. (That was the best part, it was so silent and I got choked up :reject: )

Trevor, you gotta go.

I say we just play it by ear and stay as long as we want. I doubt we would be there longer than a couple of hours.
I'll probably be at Romano's at 8:30/9 PM.

See ya there.

You know the more I think about this, I don't know if this is going to be such a good plan for me. I have to be at work at 10pm and then to my other job at 10am. When exactly am I going to sleep?

You might be pushing it, plus you have to give yourself cushion in case you get lost ;)

Can you make the show tomorrow instead?

3-4 hours? To pay homage to a fallen tree? Am I being unrealistic in suggesting that my devotion might be able to be expressed in under 4 hours? Does that make me a bad fan :reject: ?

I wasn't suggesting we stay there 3 - 4 hours. I was just saying that's the total amount of time Cleasai would have before he absolutely had to leave to make it to work. That's all.

:D

Last minute details for anyone else who might want to join us at one of these places, and as Mr. Baw mentioned, even a meet up at breakfast without the day trip to the tree is welcome :)

Sat. Jan. 10 (today!) 9:30 pm: See The Joshua Tree perform at Romano's, 5225 Canyon Crest Dr., Riverside, CA 92507

Sun. Jan. 11, 8 am: Mel's Diner for breakfast, 11550 4th St., Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Sun. Jan. 11, (after breakfast) day trip to Death Valley to visit U2's joshua tree (we'll be carpooling and caravanning)

see everyone soon!

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom