Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What month works better for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ That sounds good to me, there isn't anywhere to go out to eat in the area. We'll probably just get some subway sandwiches or something before we leave Ontario :hmm:

maybe a bottle of champagne :hmm:

goodies :applaud:

There is a Subway at the Mills, but I'm sure we can find some stuff on the way to pick up as well.

There won't be anything once we get closer to tree, but if we have breakfast before we leave and bring some snacks we should be fine. I actually am not much of a breakfast person so packing a sandwich sounds good to me. :)

So..... Picnic in Death Valley!

We should take beach chairs. :lol: ...or sit on rocks.:|

I can take a cooler to place drinks inside as well.

You still may want to pack something though because by the time you are starting to get hungry again after breakfast there isn't much out there to get.

I suppose it all matters what everyone is doing afterwards and how long everyone decides to stay at the tree... are we sort of playing that by ear for now? :hmm:

hey when did you sneak in there C? ;)

Maybe we can just sort of sit in and on our cars to eat at the side of the road :hmm: Or you may not be hungry at all once you're out there. I wasn't last time, my mind was focused only on the tree and everything. Of course a big part of my focus last time was actually searching for it which was a daunting task, but we won't need to worry about that this time :)

That guys' site was actually a big help to me in finding it :up: It was like finding a needle in a haystack, even though you see the general landscape from the u2 pics, it's soooo hard to find exactly where to park and start looking if you don't know exactly where it is. I felt really lucky that I found it pretty quickly. If not for that one lone skinny tree that is still there (you can see it behind the guys in U2's pics, I don't think I could have found it maybe)

Anyways ... :hyper:

^ Why AREN'T you coming?

My friend from grad school will join us at Romano's on Saturday night but she can't come with on Sunday so I'm gonna have to ride with someone if that's cool. We should probably share cars just to save on gas anyway. And we'll have to set the timer on the camera to get the group pic since she won't be there to do it for us.

I'm getting really excited!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom