Joshua Tree-October gigs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here ye Missa.....this is for you!

U2-CapedCrusaders.jpg

Allegra said:

:eyebrow:

Who's the fifth member? Cause that ain't Paul McGuiness!

:lmao:

Its our own Bono B. Jones!
Cant you tell by the way he holds his mouth and tilts his head back?
Look closer, he's got Fly shades on.
And dont forget the black vinyl....left over from his Fly suit.
All thats missing is his peace sign.

I spotted him in disguise right away. :yes:

cant fool me. :no:

Last edited:
I just got email from the MGM Grand Garden on Vegas GA.....

U2
Friday-Saturday, November 4-5, 2005
Venue Guidelines

In order to provide a safe, friendly environment during the November 4-5, 2005, performances of U2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, please adhere to the following venue guidelines implemented for festival seating (general admission, standing room only on the floor). Please note that there is a zero tolerance policy for activities or actions that endanger other guests. If you are unable to respect and adhere to the guidelines below, you will be asked to leave the performance without a refund. Thank you for helping us provide each guest with a safe, memorable concert experience.

A line for festival seating access (general admission, standing room only on the floor) will form at 4:00pm on Friday/Saturday, November 4-5, 2005, no sooner. Concertgoers loitering in the area of the Grand Garden Arena prior to 4:00pm will be asked to leave. A single line will form inside Studio Ballroom A&B, located on Studio Walk across from Diego Mexican Restaurant, at 4:00pm. Once inside Studio Ballroom A&B, your ticket will be verified, marked and a wristband for floor access issued. Moreover, the barcode on your ticket will be scanned using a computerized random number generator. A percentage of tickets scanned will result in access to the Ellipse area closest to the stage. If you are randomly selected for festival seating inside the Ellipse, you will be issued a second wristband and can be accompanied by one guest. At approximately 6:30pm, the line from Studio Ballroom A&B will enter the venue and onto the floor. All guests are required to pass through metal detectors.

The following items are prohibited in the festival seating areas:
 Alcohol, bottles or cans;
 Cigarettes and cigars (smoking is limited to the arena lobbies, only);
 Knives (this includes small pen-knives and Swiss Army style pocket-knives);
 Chains, studs or studded clothing;
 Aerosol cans and nail clippers;
 Backpacks, purses and fanny-packs;
 Banners, signs, gifts, stuffed animals, beach balls etc. (any item deemed by management as a potential projectile is prohibited);
 This is merely a partial list of prohibited items and all decisions are at the discretion of management and venue security. If you arrive to the venue with a prohibited item(s), you have the option of returning the item(s) to your room, vehicle, or deposit in a secured trash receptacle, thus forfeiting possession. Prohibited items will not be accepted, held, stored or checked by venue personnel.

The following actions and activities are prohibited inside the venue or surrounding hotel areas:
 Body surfing/swimming;
 Stage diving;
 Slam dancing;
 Moshing;
 Climbing on or around bleacher seating and railings;
 Fighting;
 Underage drinking;
 Illegal drug use.

Carek1230 said:
I just got email from the MGM Grand Garden on Vegas GA.....

U2
Friday-Saturday, November 4-5, 2005
Venue Guidelines

In order to provide a safe, friendly environment during the November 4-5, 2005, performances of U2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, please adhere to the following venue guidelines implemented for festival seating (general admission, standing room only on the floor). Please note that there is a zero tolerance policy for activities or actions that endanger other guests. If you are unable to respect and adhere to the guidelines below, you will be asked to leave the performance without a refund. Thank you for helping us provide each guest with a safe, memorable concert experience.

A line for festival seating access (general admission, standing room only on the floor) will form at 4:00pm on Friday/Saturday, November 4-5, 2005, no sooner. Concertgoers loitering in the area of the Grand Garden Arena prior to 4:00pm will be asked to leave. A single line will form inside Studio Ballroom A&B, located on Studio Walk across from Diego Mexican Restaurant, at 4:00pm. Once inside Studio Ballroom A&B, your ticket will be verified, marked and a wristband for floor access issued. Moreover, the barcode on your ticket will be scanned using a computerized random number generator. A percentage of tickets scanned will result in access to the Ellipse area closest to the stage. If you are randomly selected for festival seating inside the Ellipse, you will be issued a second wristband and can be accompanied by one guest. At approximately 6:30pm, the line from Studio Ballroom A&B will enter the venue and onto the floor. All guests are required to pass through metal detectors.

The following items are prohibited in the festival seating areas:
 Alcohol, bottles or cans;
 Cigarettes and cigars (smoking is limited to the arena lobbies, only);
 Knives (this includes small pen-knives and Swiss Army style pocket-knives);
 Chains, studs or studded clothing;
 Aerosol cans and nail clippers;
 Backpacks, purses and fanny-packs;
 Banners, signs, gifts, stuffed animals, beach balls etc. (any item deemed by management as a potential projectile is prohibited);
 This is merely a partial list of prohibited items and all decisions are at the discretion of management and venue security. If you arrive to the venue with a prohibited item(s), you have the option of returning the item(s) to your room, vehicle, or deposit in a secured trash receptacle, thus forfeiting possession. Prohibited items will not be accepted, held, stored or checked by venue personnel.

The following actions and activities are prohibited inside the venue or surrounding hotel areas:
 Body surfing/swimming;
 Stage diving;
 Slam dancing;
 Moshing;
 Climbing on or around bleacher seating and railings;
 Fighting;
 Underage drinking;
 Illegal drug use.

I thought this was a rock concert....not a Neil Diamond concert

Hey it might be better in seats...see all the things that CAN'T be brought onto the floor? I'm surprised they aren't gonna make everyone strip down into their birthday suits! Jeez!

I might not be able to go in the pool. Im getting some more tats around that time, and the chlorine will strip the ink out, I'll watch from poolside and buy anyone a drink who throws Redrocks in first!

Yeah Missa, me too me too ... which reminds me, I saw another U2 design that I liked......I just gotta remember what I did with it! I haven't sent you anything recently, have I?

I talked with my boss last night, I dont know how many times I have to assure him that this is gonna be a good show. He painted a picture of what he thinks the crowd is gonna be, and I just laughed he said, " I just hope its not gonna be a bunch of young punk kids with blue hair and switchblades". I almost fell out of my chair laughing at him. and I said " dude, you just said switchblades".

I want you both to show up, holdning knives, chewing gum, with long island accents, and when you come in you say " so wheres the friggin band gonna play you mother fu%$er"!

Back
Top Bottom