Joshua Tree July 24th at O.C. Fair!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried the deep fried Snickers and it started out pretty good but it was really, really sweet and I ended up finishing half. My sister and I also tried the deep fried avocado and it was just....vile.

I'll have to talk it over with him again this weekend, and with the little one (to see if he'd still want to come, even if his daddy wasn't going to be there) but I think so. Like I said before, it's a long drive to make by myself but I really wanna come. Still hoping Mr.Z can sneak out of work for a couple days and make this happen - he needs the vacation more than I do.

I'll have to talk it over with him again this weekend, and with the little one (to see if he'd still want to come, even if his daddy wasn't going to be there) but I think so. Like I said before, it's a long drive to make by myself but I really wanna come. Still hoping Mr.Z can sneak out of work for a couple days and make this happen - he needs the vacation more than I do.

We really really really want you to come.

Deep Fried Snickers = :drool: :drool: :love:

Deep Fried Avocados = Meh. :shrug:

Avocados (in general) = :heart: :love: :heart:

I think we both had something in mind similar to tempura, but what we actually got was cold, hard, under-ripe avocado in soggy batter.

Avocados are in my top 5 favorite foods so it was a big disappointment :angry:

Avocados are the King of the mostly disappointing green fruit/veggie kingdom!

For anyone interested we had a small article on JT in a local OC newspaper today talking about the show.

Fair keeping the beat - Daily Pilot

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

The Joshua Tree on the cover of U2's album might not still be standing but this great group of musicians are still standing strong! OC Fair is going to be a great show. Hope that many of the Interference folk can make it out.

Viva Joshua Tree. :D

Found some pics of the fair on yelp. This is a pretty crazy fair! Bigger than any fair I've ever been too.

Deep fried spam

l

Snickers

l

Krispy Kreme chicken sandwhich?

l

Pop tarts

l

Oreos (Carlos), kabobs, zucchini weenie

l

Oreos

l

Twinkie

l

Frog legs??

l

Chocolate covered bacon??

l

Fried white castle

l

BARF on all accounts.

However, COASTER!!!!! :hyper:

l

Water ride? Coolest fair ever!

l

Good lord.. some of those things.. What has been seen cannot be unseen. :crack:

Actually, deep-fried oreos are tasty. The Calgary Stampede is going on right now and they have those among other things. The trick is to share with friends and only have two or three. :drool: :barf: :drool:

Those pics all made me barf a little. Except for the chocolate covered bacon. I've had candied bacon and bacon flavored chocolate - both were actually pretty good.

Good lord.. some of those things.. What has been seen cannot be unseen. :crack:

Actually, deep-fried oreos are tasty. The Calgary Stampede is going on right now and they have those among other things. The trick is to share with friends and only have two or three. :drool: :barf: :drool:

Kaf don't eat any of that Fair food and then pole dance. That could be a bad combination.

Back
Top Bottom