Joshua Tree in the Park Aug 13th 7:00PM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone bring drinks? Also, if anyone wants to carpool (because parking was a little crowded last year), I live about 15 minutes from the park off the 60 so PM or text me and some cars can park at my house. Thanks!!

Can someone bring drinks? Also, if anyone wants to carpool (because parking was a little crowded last year), I live about 15 minutes from the park off the 60 so PM or text me and some cars can park at my house. Thanks!!

I think this is a good idea. I'm sending you a pm.

I'll bring drinks for everyone. I'll load up the ice chest when I head out there. I'll be there to set up and sound check at 4PM so just come to the stage and find me when you get there!

What do you guys want???? :shifty:

jagermeister I mean water, diet coke, anything, thank you...and I'll be bringing my pasta salad and chicken. :up:

:cabbagepatch:

I think this is a good idea. I'm sending you a pm.

jagermeister I mean water, diet coke, anything, thank you...and I'll be bringing my pasta salad and chicken. :up:

:cabbagepatch:

* Note: Bono is not flipping anyone off in Nic's avatar. He's telling us we are his # 1 fans.

Not that we've got that cleared up... See everyone at the park later! Cheers!

:D:wave::laugh::dancing::grouphug::happydance::cabbagepatch::loveshower::yippie:

After my experiences with Jager at our shows in Alaska and more recently my birthday in May at Romanos, :drunk: I think the band has obtained a restraining order. I am not allowed to be within 300 yards of Jeager. :no:

That works for me because one of the people bringing you a birthday shot at the May show spilled about half of it on me :yuck:

129041338870492841.jpg

Omg!

I am so excited to have found others who love U2JT as much as I do! YAY! I have been going to concerts since 2005 and have not found a fun group of people to tag along with yet. Although I am sad to see Jason leave, I am super excited about Xiren too. Has anyone seem him perform yet? How does he compare to Jason?

Wish that they were still doing that Romano's date next week that they had originally planned a while back. The last time that they played there, they played for almost 4 hours! It was epic indeed!

Here's to fun time ahead!

I'm officially leaving work at 2pm. What time was everyone planning on arriving? I'm figuring an hour and a half from USC. I need to make a stop so I should be there about 4ish?

Hi azso314x! Look forward to meeting another JT fan. We will be the crazies on the rail. :nerd:

Trojanchick! I make that drive almost everyday from USC (I am a student too) and if you leave at 2 exactly, you could probably get there by 3 or 3:15 at the latest (provided that there are no accidents). Take the 60 to the 605 to the 10 to the 15. The 60 really bottles up after the 605 and could add more time to your drive if you take it all the way out.

I should be there around 6:30 or so - wearing my blue sad astronaut shirt.

Fight on!

We'll probably head to the park early from here. No idea how long it's gonna take us :sigh: Should I have already left (Ventura County)

Jeff - look for Maddy & I! We'll see you there!

Lila! u got the same number as you had for the rose bowl gig? If so, I will give you a call when I get settled out there.

Also, you def shouldn't have left already (unless you wanted to tailgate for hours and hours). :) Just plan on driving through pasadena at about 2:00 at the latest and you should avoid the traffic rush. Although it is Friday and anything goes on Fridays, so don't hold me to my traffic recommendations. :huh:

I haven't even Googled the park yet to see how to get there :reject:

Yeah, I have the same number. We were thinking about leaving here around 2 since we have a few errands, but maybe we can leave earlier, I don't know yet. Is there anything around the park? Shopping? Restaurants?

Trojanchick! I make that drive almost everyday from USC (I am a student too) and if you leave at 2 exactly, you could probably get there by 3 or 3:15 at the latest (provided that there are no accidents). Take the 60 to the 605 to the 10 to the 15. The 60 really bottles up after the 605 and could add more time to your drive if you take it all the way out.

I should be there around 6:30 or so - wearing my blue sad astronaut shirt.

Fight on!

:wave:

Thanks for the advice on the freeways!

I'm actually an alumna and now staff. It's always great to meet USC/U2 folks. See you there!

Fight On!

I haven't even Googled the park yet to see how to get there :reject:

Yeah, I have the same number. We were thinking about leaving here around 2 since we have a few errands, but maybe we can leave earlier, I don't know yet. Is there anything around the park? Shopping? Restaurants?

Lila: That part of the IE is actually booming right now. They just finished a bunch of new shopping centers around there and you may be able to keep yourself entertained with all of that. Also, I think that there will be plenty to do once things start happening at the park (I think that the festivities start around 5 or so).

See ya soon!

:wave:

Thanks for the advice on the freeways!

I'm actually an alumna and now staff. It's always great to meet USC/U2 folks. See you there!

Fight On!

Strangely enough, I did things the other way around. I worked on staff (in the Registrar's office/Academic Review & as a departmental advisors for Architecture) for a few years after getting my undergrad (UofA) and am now in grad school as a student at SC. What department do you work in?

Oh yea, I forgot one thing. It's friday - which means that my traffic recommendations may not work out (although it is still the best route to take). People always leave work early on Friday and as a result, the traffic can be bad earlier than normal. :madspit:

Activities? There are other things going on at the park as well?

Lila - r u going straight to the park then?

For your googling pleasure, the address is....
Harada Heritage Park
13100 65th Street
Corona, CA

Keep me posted woman! I'll try to estimate my arrival around your estimated arrival :) Sounds like D will be getting there by 4:30.

Looking forward to meeting you azso.:wave:

Harada Heritage Park
13100 65th Street
Corona, CA

Keep me posted woman! I'll try to estimate my arrival around your estimated arrival :) Sounds like D will be getting there by 4:30.

My bad. I thought that I saw something online this morning that said that there would be more than the concert. I confused it for this event (which already happened): Eastvale Events Home

new friend fail.

After my experiences with Jager at our shows in Alaska and more recently my birthday in May at Romanos, :drunk: I think the band has obtained a restraining order. I am not allowed to be within 300 yards of Jeager. :no:

haha! I must say it was a great show, in spite of the restraining order. I was just kidding anyways....:shifty:....they'll be kiddies around.:wink:

:der:...alright....besides....vodka is my new drink.:nerd: I learned that at camp, right kat?

haha! I must say it was a great show, in spite of the restraining order. I was just kidding anyways....:shifty:....they'll be kiddies around.:wink:

:der:...alright....besides....vodka is my new drink.:nerd: I learned that at camp, right kat?

No doubt. That romano's gig in may was my fav yet. such a fun night!

Harada Heritage Park
13100 65th Street
Corona, CA

Hey Nic - I haven't been on Facebook today in case anyone tried to reach me. Just trying to get shit done :crack:

I think that's gonna be our plan, going straight to the park. I'll text you when I know something. I still have to go to the market & the post office & get gas.

Hey Nic - I haven't been on Facebook today in case anyone tried to reach me. Just trying to get shit done :crack:

I think that's gonna be our plan, going straight to the park. I'll text you when I know something. I still have to go to the market & the post office & get gas.

No problem my friend. I understand about getting shit done.:D I am just starting my salad. No stress, no rush, no worries! Shoot me a text anytime.

xoxoxoxo

Back
Top Bottom