Joshua Tree / EXIT show 01-01-05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for a great evening!

candai said:

Such an awesome night. First time they did Stay here in the US, first time they did Kite, I believe...

Want a pic of us singing Angel of Harlem? :)

I'm not allowed to post URLs until my 15th post, so here goes:

dubya dubya dubya dot candai dot com slash dance dot JPG

Have fun :hmm: ...

:laugh:

I was Lady Macphisto! I bet that's exactly what I looked like on Saturday night when I got to sing that line!

Wow! Flashback down memory lane.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for a great evening!

angel_of_L.A. said:

I agree...4/20/01 *was* the best show ever. I don't think I've cried that hard in my life and felt that great afterward!

Ditto !! I love that show and I had so much fun even though I was in the balcony and all I could see was their backsides. :laugh:

I lost my voice after that show for like 2 days bc I was singing to all the songs.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for a great evening!

adamswildhoney said:

Ditto !! I love that show and I had so much fun even though I was in the balcony and all I could see was their backsides. :laugh:

I lost my voice after that show for like 2 days bc I was singing to all the songs.

True dat. By the time I got to Anaheim a few days later, I was still hoarse. Lynne gave me the CDs from that show -- I use them as a baseline for all of the other Elevation burns I listen to.

Matt and I liked it so much that we use 4/20 as our anniversary date, although it wasn't actually when we first went out or anything -- just when we felt the closest, and the happiest.

... Although he did get quite jealous when B-man leaned down to sing the first verse of "Until the End of the World" to me. Heh. Amazing the different layers that song achieves.

Haven't seen you in quite awhile
I was down the hold, just passin' time
Last time we met, it was a low-lit room
We were as close together as a bride and groom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for a great evening!

candai said:

Matt and I liked it so much that we use 4/20 as our anniversary date, although it wasn't actually when we first went out or anything -- just when we felt the closest, and the happiest.

That is *so* romantic! I love love.

:heart: :drool:

Damnit, I wish I had gone up to you at the JT show--we could've danced together. My friends were laughing at my U2 dorkiness b/c I knew the words to all of the songs! :laugh: :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks for a great evening!

angel_of_L.A. said:

That is *so* romantic! I love love.

:heart: :drool:

Damnit, I wish I had gone up to you at the JT show--we could've danced together. My friends were laughing at my U2 dorkiness b/c I knew the words to all of the songs! :laugh: :shrug:

Will you be at the South Bay show later this month? That would be a blast. I'll be sure to loosen you up properly so you can bellydance for the big "B." :love:

Bono B. Jones said:
Some things are better left unsaid and unseen.

jason, you're class :up:

if someone else wasn't going to say it, i was.

it's exactly this kind of groupie mentality that keeps me far, far away from PLEBA.

learn a little respect. and don't you girls have instant messenger or something? i came into this thread hoping that some of you had actual pictures from the show and instead had to scroll through pages and pages of chat.

bonosgirl84 said:

it's exactly this kind of groupie mentality that keeps me far, far away from PLEBA.

learn a little respect. and don't you girls have instant messenger or something? i came into this thread hoping that some of you had actual pictures from the show and instead had to scroll through pages and pages of chat.

My apologies for wasting your time. If you didn't notice, this was my first time ever posting, due to the rather elitist attitude here, so I apologize for subjecting you to my mindless prattle.

And how can you accuse me of being a "groupie" when it was my first JT show, and I have no idea what the picture contains? I just wanted to see pics from the event, same as everyone else.

bonosgirl84 said:

OOOH SHIT, somebody should really email me,and tell me not to say something right now. You know im trying hard to be good, so ill wait about 10 mins... otherwise...i cant be responsible for my reply.

Ok, I feel I need to jump in here.

Please ladies, only love here. K?

I was only saying it was better left unseen because of my being a bit self conscious about how I look in some pics. I'm my own worst critic.

JT has no groupies, only fellow U2 fans that enjoy coming to see us. We exist solely to express our love of U2 and their music and to share that love with others who feel like we do.

That being said, Bonosgirl, Candai, and Jase....we love you.

Oh, and pics of the nights festivities can be seen on our website tomorrow.

God bless,

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:

I was only saying it was better left unseen because of my being a bit self conscious about how I look in some pics. I'm my own worst critic.

JT has no groupies, only fellow U2 fans that enjoy coming to see us. We exist solely to express our love of U2 and their music and to share that love with others who feel like we do.

God bless,

Jason.

Many thanks. And congratulations again on a very successful show.

candai said:

My apologies for wasting your time. If you didn't notice, this was my first time ever posting, due to the rather elitist attitude here, so I apologize for subjecting you to my mindless prattle.

Well, a touching reunion moment could only last for so long-- sadly, nothing lasts forever in the face of cynicism. So much for dreaming.... :sad: :tsk:

In all seriousness, no one is being a groupie here and we're well aware that this isn't PLEBA. As far as the "chatter" goes, I was just simply catching up with a friend that I haven't spoken to in like 3 years and thanks to the music of U2 via JT, our paths have once again crossed. While Candice and I may consider this a good omen for the new year, and reason number 1 million of why U2 is so damn great---b/c they bring people together in ways other musicians don't--I could see why our happiness (and sense of humor) would rub people the wrong way. :shrug:

candai said:

And how can you accuse me of being a "groupie" when it was my first JT show, and I have no idea what the picture contains? I just wanted to see pics from the event, same as everyone else.

I don't get it either Candice but I think I have your AIM. If I do we'll continue our catchup there. I wouldn't want our nice reunion to be misconstrued and bothersome to other readers.

Bono B. Jones said:

God bless,

Jason.

Well said Jason. :up:

Candice and I will be there for your show in late January. :)

Hey Everyone:

A few things.....

I'm not sure where everything on this thread got twisted, but let get everything cleared. I'm glad Candice and Angel of LA have had a little reunion and that JT has a little something to do with it. It is clear the "best left unseen" comment was misunderstood.

Now let move on but continue as we were . Candice: Thanks you sooooo much for the comments about the band. And thank you to you and Angel for adding to the thread! Love Love Love in the room!

2nd: I have updated our web site with Picture from Saturday Night. Ther are pics of Exit, JT, and a few of thee people joined us at Molly's. Click on the link for NYD @ Molly Malone's!

Thanks again!

Chas

Last edited:
WOW! Great photos....who gets the props? Allegra...Bonnie? thanks for them all. I had a friend take some pics, i cant wait to see and post, they will be in black and white. And, i have video...sycmioyo....amazing.

Great photos!! Is there anyone that took audio that night bc I would love to hear what Trevi sounded like. Wish I could have been there but maybe next time.:wink:

adamswildhoney said:
Great photos!! Is there anyone that took audio that night bc I would love to hear what Trevi sounded like. Wish I could have been there but maybe next time.:wink:

I saw several digital camcorders in the audience, so hopefully something will pop up in the next few days :) Trevi was great -- quite different from Nikki, but she has a sultry, deep voice that really impressed me.

adamswildhoney said:

We have a sound board recording of the show...We are currently overhauling the EXIT website (thank you, Cheryl Monahan)....It should be debuted in the next few weeks...We will hopefully have an EXIT orginal and a U2 cover with lead singer Trevi posted on the site somewheres...

coming soon: the new and improved: www.exit-band.com

LuminousTimes said:

We have a sound board recording of the show...We are currently overhauling the EXIT website (thank you, Cheryl Monahan)....It should be debuted in the next few weeks...We will hopefully have an EXIT orginal and a U2 cover with lead singer Trevi posted on the site somewheres...

Hooray! And hooray for Cheryl, who is one of my new favorite people after our Cantor's experience ... Thad is passing on the torch to an equally capable pair of hands...

night_and_day66 said:
WOW! Great photos....who gets the props? Allegra...Bonnie? thanks for them all. I had a friend take some pics, i cant wait to see and post, they will be in black and white. And, i have video...sycmioyo....amazing.

WOW is right!!! I can't believe they came out as good as they did! I was the person that took all of those pictures. Actually I was two fisted...I was taking pics with Chas' camera and my camera. Those on the JT site are from Chas' camera. So y'all are gonna have to wait until I get back to Dallas to get the photos off of my camera.

*takes a bow*

Glad y'all like 'em!!!

Allegra said:

WOW is right!!! I can't believe they came out as good as they did! I was the person that took all of those pictures. Actually I was two fisted...I was taking pics with Chas' camera and my camera. Those on the JT site are from Chas' camera. So y'all are gonna have to wait until I get back to Dallas to get the photos off of my camera.

*takes a bow*

Glad y'all like 'em!!!

Texas, eh? Was that you I saw dancing onstage during the second rendition of Vertigo?

Allegra said:

Uuuuhhhh......no! Just try and stop me!!! :tongue:

I'm flying back to Dallas in the morning, but I may not get my own pictures up right away...like I said, it all depends how long this blonde Texan can figure out my new camera! :lol:

It will take her a while to figure out cuz in Texas they still use those cameras where you put a blanket over your head and take a picture.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom