Joshua Tree at the LA County Fair Sept. 9,10,11,14.....who's going?!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

1101 McKinley Ave
Pomona, CA 91768
(909) 623-3111

www.fairplex.com/2005/homepage.asp

The Joshua Tree are set to play 4 nights (including Opening Night!). The dates and times are:

Friday September 9 6:30, 8:30, 10:00, 11:30

Saturday September 10 6:30, 8:30, 10:00, 11:30

Sunday September 11 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, 9:30

Wednesday September 14 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, 9:30

OK here is the deal...

We are doing 4 sets every night. Here is what the plan is:

Friday: Vertigo (2)/ Joshua Tree (2)

Sat: Zoo TV (2)/ Popmart (2)

Sun: Vertigo (2)/ Elevation (2)

Wed: Vertigo (2)/ Zoo TV (2)

Hope to see you all out there. We will be adding 7 or 8 new songs to our list for these shows! Yes, we are even doing stuff off of POP complete with Ron is his orange prison jumpsuit and mask!

We are on the Budwiser Stage near the giant yellow slide... so you will even have something to do between sets!

So come on out to the LA County Fair for Cows, Corndogs, Funnel Cake and JT!

See Ya there!

Ummm Funnel Cake!

PS: Why is it every counry fair has 20 companies selling spas and hot tubs? Do people really go to the fair to buy a spa? Is that really an impulse buy like the "Super Duper" car wax, knockoff Ginsu knifes, and other crap you find being sold.....? Just wondering out loud...

I go to the Fair to watch the people. And for the entertainment. The people are entertaining. At the Fair. Yeah.

(Is there ANYTHING they don't fry at the Fair?)

Hey Chedge, in between shows can we hang out in your air conditioned hospitality suite and eat bowls of green M&M's?

....you know i'll be there.....just don't know what night :hmm:
......When are they serving New Castle? :laugh:
BAW's.....when are you guys going?

P.S. ...is there going to be a FOG machine?:wink:

TheEdge U2JT said:
OK here is the deal...

So come on out to the LA County Fair for Cows, Corndogs, Funnel Cake and JT!

See Ya there!

Uhhh....beer, corndogs, and funnel cake? Sounds like "stocky" Bono might go back to being "fat" Bono after the fair's done.

NOT!

PS: Why is it every counry fair has 20 companies selling spas and hot tubs? Do people really go to the fair to buy a spa? Is that really an impulse buy like the "Super Duper" car wax, knockoff Ginsu knifes, and other crap you find being sold.....? Just wondering out loud...

I think we need to add the "James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub" song to the set in honor of the countelss spa and hot tub vendors that will be there.

Too hot...in the hot tub! Burn myseff...Good God! HIIIIAAA!

TheEdge U2JT said:
We are doing 4 sets every night. Here is what the plan is:

Friday: Vertigo (2)/ Joshua Tree (2)

Sat: Zoo TV (2)/ Popmart (2)

Sun: Vertigo (2)/ Elevation (2)

Wed: Vertigo (2)/ Zoo TV (2)

I am so excited for the fair, it's not even funny! "Mysterious Ways" sounds so great, and they're going to have a belly dancer and everything! Can't wait to see Jason be "The Fly"!

Of course, I am totally stoked about the POP stuff, since I've been on Chas to play it since... well, before I even met him!! Boomcha's will finally happen!

I think these are going to be some of the band's best shows ever... I hope to see the JT Family out in full force at the Fairplex!

RedrocksU2 said:
....you know i'll be there.....just don't know what night :hmm:
......When are they serving New Castle? :laugh:
BAW's.....when are you guys going?

P.S. ...is there going to be a FOG machine?:wink:

Hey guys, how long is each set?

Pomona's just over the hill from us so time and travel isn't a big deal...Probably Friday, and Sunday the 9/11 show...should be good! I think I might tell some of my friends (all one of them) about the deal...maybe convince Son of BAW to check out the band....

:)

Last edited:
Of course, I am totally stoked about the POP stuff, since I've been on Chas to play it since... well, before I even met him!! Boomcha's will finally happen!

And well, what about the LEMON? I am working on the LEMON!

:lol:

I am! I am!

Kren, you beat me to it. Just as I was finally taking a break from my school work, I thought I better post the Fair gig, but I see you've done it! Thanks girl! You know my mind has been on school and all these last two weeks of hell.

I promise right now to go and post this info on the other sites if it isn't already posted.

my mom and stepfather live right behind the fairplex so they will probably hear the music from their front yard. or maybe talk them into coming into the fairplex. my mom knows im excited...lol. jt therapy for a weekend:drool::rockon:

Question....
I was wondering where I can buy that "Got U2JT?" shirt that Jan's husband was wearing last week.....? I check the website but it does not allow me to do so......

RedrocksU2 said:
Question....
I was wondering where I can buy that "Got U2JT?" shirt that Jan's husband was wearing last week.....? I check the website but it does not allow me to do so......

Email the band from the website and tell them what size you want and at the next show you can get it from them. I bought mine the first show they had them at. $15. There are 2 designs. One says GOT JT? and the other one had a similar Vertigo Target on it

Bono B. Jones said:

Uhhh....beer, corndogs, and funnel cake? Sounds like "stocky" Bono might go back to being "fat" Bono after the fair's done.

NOT!

I think we need to add the "James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub" song to the set in honor of the countelss spa and hot tub vendors that will be there.

Too hot...in the hot tub! Burn myseff...Good God! HIIIIAAA!

" waaaaaaaw, gonna get in tha hot tub, gonna get in tha watah, gonna get in tha hot tub"!

My vote is for big group hug Saturday night :hug: :happy:
Besides, that's Popmart night and there may be a lemon!

I wish I was closer! Maybe I need to move. But I love SD tooooo much!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom