It Might Get Loud LA Screening June 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are you waiting for Carlos?
grumpywaiting.gif

"It Might Get Loud," the new documentary staring The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White, is being screened during the Los Angeles Film Festival on Friday, June 19th at 7 pm at the Mann Festival Theater. Tickets go on sale tomorrow and are $12.

Who's interested?

Details on the festival can be found here.

The movie officially opens Aug. 14 in LA and New York, so another gathering may be arranged for that, too.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for this movie when it premiered at the Toronto Film Festival last year, and I highly recommend everyone go see it :D (It includes a bit of "new music" from all three - you might recognize what Edge plays ;))

===================================
STAND KIDS MEALS

THE STAND KIDS COMBO
Your Choice of a Stand Dog, Kid's Burger (CHEESE + 50 cents), Grilled Cheese Sandwich or Mac & Cheese, All Served With Stand Fries
KIDS DRINK
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lemonade or Milk

:drool:
DOLLAR DOG DAYS AT THE STAND
Every day is a Dollar Dog Day from 3PM until 5PM
$1 Dogs $2.50 Loaded Stand Dogs

I'm wondering if the seats are reserved like when we saw U23D, or if we'll need to line up early to get seats together... this is because I work on Fridays usually until 7 pm, so I already need to get off early just to go at all (and I'm in San Diego), but if I need to take all day off just to line up for seats with my family I probably have to pass. :(

The Mann Festival in Westwood is an older theatre. Used to be the UA Egyptian Westwood. (I used to be a projectionist at other UA theatres - ages ago)...

...anywho... I will go by the place this weekend and find out how that all workds out - will there be lines - etc.

"It Might Get Loud". I certainly hope so!

^ dsmith did find out the seats are not reserved, so since I'm so far away and have to work that day, I won't be able to make it... Friday traffic would probably kill any chance I had of making it on time too, so short of taking the day off it just doesn't work for me this time :sigh: I'm going in August tho! And I still hope I get it here in San Diego!

Maybe it's just my biases showing through, but I can totally see a documentary about the guitar impact on pop/rock music of Jimmy Page and The Edge, but Jack White? C'mon, give me a break. First off, The White Stripes have only been around for barely 10 years. Second, I don't think his guitar style is all that spectacular or ground-breaking, perhaps, his production abilities, but (to me) not his guitar playing. And lastly, I don't think it was solely The White Stripes that had an impact on the "The ___" bands of the 2000s. I think, at least to start off the genre, The Strokes had just an equal amount of influence.

Like I said, probably just my biases. I don't much care for The White Stripes. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom