inTO the HEART: U2 FAN FEST 2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My eldest daughter is three so I explain how far in time events are away by saying "two more sleeps" or whatever it is. This event is now four more sleeps away! Whoo hoo! Can't wait to see everyone there!

Mick

can you say PARTYTIME?!

Hey all -

Just breezing in from lurkdom...

I and the band are looking forward to finally meeting some/all of you Interlanders..

So make sure if you are arriving Friday that you plan to attend the St James' Gate meet/greet and show by OCTOBER - details at the fanfest site and on the OCTOBER Tours page - we've got 3 sets of very special material planned for you, and from the looks of it so far this venue is going to be packed!

So lets start the fanfest in 'Celebration' style! :)

Cheers!

Gabriel

inTotheHeart

gragravar said:
My eldest daughter is three so I explain how far in time events are away by saying "two more sleeps" or whatever it is. This event is now four more sleeps away! Whoo hoo! Can't wait to see everyone there!

Mick

LOL Mick! :laugh:

I'll be arriving on Thursday so its only 3 more sleeps for me!!! I guess I better take advantage of that though because looking at the schedule, I'll be getting NO sleeps while I'm there :yawn:

:wave:

Three more sleeps for me too!! I cannot wait! This weekend is gonna be SO much fun.

What airline are you flying out in Mrs. BAW? I am flying Air Canada LAX to YYZ!

Christine

PS. Mr. BAW - You are more than welcome!! :p

CMI to DTW to YYZ on Northwest :p on Saturday morning.

I think I will probabl get in sometime in between 11- 1.

I think I am going to take Pubilic transit (the bus/subway) to downtown to the Hotel.

LuminousTimes said:
Three more sleeps for me too!! I cannot wait! This weekend is gonna be SO much fun.

What airline are you flying out in Mrs. BAW? I am flying Air Canada LAX to YYZ!

Christine

PS. Mr. BAW - You are more than welcome!! :p

Hi Christine! :wave:

I leave LAX on American at 9:35 a.m., arriving at YYZ at 5:07 p.m.

Maybe this time around, I'll actually get to meet you and the girls! I think its bizarre that I love in OC, yet have only seen Exit play in Cleveland! I was bummed about missing Sam and the GTA visitors when they were in LA so now I have to make sure that I corner everyone for a picture!

See you in T.O.!!! :D

spinninghead77 said:
Zoney, email me at kelcline@hotmail.com and I will see if I can help you. There is no subway that goes to the airport and the bus there is unreal..... It's not actually in metro toronto, but in the 'burbs.

Will do...but I have done the bus/train thing in the past with no problem.

3 more sleeps!!!

I'm so exited I can't stand it :D

AND....I heard on the news earlier that Paul Martin has invited Bono to speak at the Liberal convention next week in Toronto...

*breathe, Kim, breathe*

A couple of questions...

Do we need to register for the ElMo event? A friend (or 2) and I are thinking about going, we are in the area but I am not 100% sure we will be able to make it due to some scheduling this weekend. I can't make the other events, it's just this one I am wondering about.

Also, the news on Synergy (it is the Sony based Pearl Jam board) is that Bono is in town this weekend for a meeting with Paul Martin. Huh? Am I the only one who is hearing about it now or is it crap?

Just a quick note to let anyone who didn't already know that our set on Saturday night will be based on the show that U2 did on the last night of the Joshua Tree tour, in Tempe, AZ, some of which is caught on film in the colour section of the film "Rattle and Hum".

Actually, "based" is not quite accurate, because we're doing the
entire set they played that night, song for song and note for note.
It so happens that today, 4 November, is the fifteenth anniversary of the cinema release of "Rattle and Hum", released this very day in 1988, so what better way to celebrate the birthday of this seminal rock movie than seeing a recreation of the entire show from which it was taken this weekend? We also have some other stuff in mind to wrap the evening up but we're keeping just what that is under ourEdge-style cowboy hats for now. You'll just have to turn up on Saturday to find out what it is. :)

Obviously we're very pleased to have been asked to perform at the Into The Heart fan fest on Saturday night and everyone in the band is looking forward to it tremendously. One of the undoubted highlights of the weekend for me will be seeing Exit, our very special guests, rock the house down. I was late getting to the Rock Hall when Exit played there in June so this time I'm going to be front row right (just in front of Affa)! We are very lucky to have these talented women performing at this event and I hope we can return the favour in L.A. very soon.

We're playing out of town on Friday night so I and everyone else in Elevation take this opportunity to wish you all the best for that
night's festivities (a performance by fellow U2 tribute October and
a screening of Rattle and Hum at the Bloor Cinema) and we hope to see all of you at the pre-party meet on Saturday and of course at the El Mo and afterwards.

Best regards

Mick

Last edited:
Anitran,

I'm not involved in the organisation of the weekend's events but I'm sure you don't need to register (or do anything much in fact) to attend the Elevation/Exit show on Saturday night. Just turn up and buy your ticket on the door.

Hope you and your friends can make it,

Mick

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Will anyone be arriving Friday night, before 8 or 8:30? I come in around 8:30, and was wondering if anyone would want to meet up? :wave:

Hi There,

Although I know a number of Interferer's are planning on heading outta town to see Jess dance at the Elevation show, the festival actually kicks off Friday night in Toronto.

The night begins at St. James Gate Pub (Yonge and Bloor) at 7pm with dinner, meet n' greet. At 9pm October will take the stage and kick off the weekend with a blast!

At 11pm we will be heading to the Bloor cinema (just west of Bathurst on Bloor) to see Rattle n' Hum on the big screen.

Please, feel free to join us there. There will be a huge group of us, and a number of people have never met before so there is no need to feel shy. All registrants of the festival will be given a keepsake name tag so you will easily be able to recognize those people that are there for inTO the heart.

Both of these venues are easy to get to via the ttc (toronto transit commision), or an inexpensive (less then $10 canadian) cab ride away. If you need any help in getting to either of them then feel free to email me at kelcline@hotmail.com I can answer any questions about the festival and/or the city of Toronto for you.

Oh, and Anitram, Mick is dead on. Since the capacity of the Elmo is so big, we are lucky enough to be able to open this event to the public, and take walk in traffic. Hope to see you there. :wave: :wave: :wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Will anyone be arriving Friday night, before 8 or 8:30? I come in around 8:30, and was wondering if anyone would want to meet up? :wave:

i'll be landing at 6:30 PM or so. will trek to the sheraton hotel then to the St james gate pub.

yay 2 more sleeps :hyper:

mick, i also think of this all the time when a particular exciting event is coming up.

Man, I can't even work anymore. Firstly, I am totally psyched about InTO the heart, and now the official word is that Bono will be here the following Friday after for the Liberal convention....

Maybe he'll join Elevation Canada at Barrymore's in Ottawa that night... here's hoping anyway. :)

Mick

Or maybe wait until Saturday (since he's sorta busy Friday night) and come to the show in Brampton. I will save him a seat right up front with me just in case.

LuminousTimes said:
Only 1 more sleep for me and Mrs. BAW!! :yes:

Hi Christine!!! Mrs. BAW hasn't slept for two nights now!!! :no:

Tell Nikki and the other girls Mr. BAW (the old waving bald guy; she knows )said Hello and I wish I could be there....I'll catch you back in LA...

:wave: Bon Voyage!!

If you were at Daniel Lanious at the Roxy I probably saw you too!

Hoping Exit is a SMASH at this show!! :up:

Today's National Post!!

National Post, Thursday, November 6
Page Two - Weekend Agenda (Arts & Life Section)

HUGE PHOTO OF EDGE AND BONO a-la "End of the World" with the caption reading:
"No, Paul Martin CAN'T join the band!" U2's Edge, left and Bono will be topics of conversation at the Into the Heart U2 Fan Fest this weekend.

!!!

Then on the left column, we're in the second piece titled:

BEDTIME FOR BONO

Suddenly, everything's coming up Bono. Set to star in next week-end's Liberal love-in, the U2 front man will also be the subject of much fawning and tribute this weekend during the Into the Heart U2 Fan Fest. Though including several tribute bands (the pop music equivalent of going to a Star Trek convention and watching a bunch of portly men in Star Fleet uniforms re-enact the climactic scene from The Wrath of Khan), the festival will also feature screenings of Rattle and Hum and U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle. Ample other opportunities to ge together with other U2 fans and try to figure our why Pop was such crap. Various venues. For more information see www.intotheheart.com

Mr. BAW said:
One West Coaster on her way...Mrs. BAW

No more sleepies for her; she took off at 9:50 am Pacific...lands at 5:27 pm Eastern.

Have fun kids!!!! :wave:

wait a minute? you aren't coming? :slant: i'll just party with yo woman! hehe j/k

Time Zones April :wink: works out to around 4 hours of flying though

MR. BAW....please check your PMs for me please. :D

I feel sorry for Mick being compared with portly men in Star Fleet costumes...I hope that isn't part of the set. :no:

Saturday :hyper:

I LOVED POP :angry:

Back
Top Bottom