InTO The Heart 2008 - Get ready, beeches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sam - If you check your personal MY SPACE, you received a question from me back on July 1 and it went without an answer...

I also went to the ITTH MY SPACE and after blowing the dust off, I noticed that there was no discussion, nothing to let the US West Coasters or anyone else for that matter, any word on what's going on...

Just a little word, an answer, something...

The silence made our decision easy...we US and European visitors brought a lot of money to your event and the city; sorry you guys had problems.

regarding the date.

things keep changing. without getting into a long drawn out detailed explanation.

we could not release the dates 2 months ago cause we had no venue. if we had released the date 2 months ago...there was a good chance the dates were gonna change.

so anyways, if we could have we would have.

again sorry.

i am gonna miss all of you this year.

The date thing, since I live near TO doesn't impact me as much as the others, but I really need to throw in my 2 cents here.

I totally understand and appreciate all the time and effort put into organizing something like this. I'm sure we all do. And hey, shit happens, stuff gets held up, that's understandable too.

But why didn't you guys say *anything*?

Why not post something at the end of August saying:
"Hey everyone, sorry we don't have any official dates yet, there's been some hold ups and we dont have a venue yet. Don't worry, we're on it and we'll let you know as soon as things are settled"

It take 2 seconds, and at least lets people know what is going on.

If you scroll back in the thread, I offered the hypothesis that a hold up was preventing date release, but I discounted such an explanation thinking surely something would have been posted.

I know what's been done, is done. But perhaps something to remember in the future. :)

Anyhoo, I hope everyone has an awesome time this year. I'm sure it'll be great. I look forward to next year. :up:

Get ready to leave the ground on November 15, 2008! One Night
Presented by inTO the Heart is thrilled to announce that Peter Bloom
and Carlo Coppola will bring their gravity defying performances for
the U2 Songbook.

"Song Of The Year" international competition winner (Pop, August
2007), the disarmingly charismatic Peter Bloom's live show has been
described as "pure heart and raw energy".
www.myspace. com/peterbloommu sic

A JUNO nominee and award winning singer-songwriter, Carlo Coppola
crafts musical gems that transcend the generation gap. With a style
that incorporates intelligent pop, melodic rock, and heartwarming
ballads.
www.myspace. com/carlocoppola

U2 is not ready to re-enter earth's atmosphere until they've taken a
slice of the moon and neither is inTO the Heart. Stay tuned for
more exciting performer announcements.

Please join us on Facebook for the event page and tell your
friends.
http://www.facebook .com/event. php?eid=36804924 663

You can also joint the inTO the Heart Facebook Group.
http://www.facebook .com/group. php?gid=24396518 72

Please join us on MySpace.
http://www.myspace. com/intotheheart _u2fanfest

Sam, Gabriel, Michele, you may remember me, from ITH 2005, the "So Cruel" girl :) Now look at this...what a very nice coincidence! We, brazilian fans from Ultraviolet-U2, will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on the same date as yours ITH 2008, November 15th. Isn´t it cool? If I could I would be there with you again, but who knows...maybe sometime in the near future :)

Btw, here is the english version of the announcement I left on the Foreign Languages forum, there´s also the original in portuguese:

I would like to inform that Ultraviolet-U2 Brazilian fanclub, the biggest group of U2 fans in Portuguese language, with around 5.000 registered members, will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this next November 15th, with a very nice party in São Paulo at a club called Octo Vila. It´s gonna be a very special night for us, with 100% U2 music and the opportunity to meet U2 fans from all over the country. We´re very proud of being U2 fans, and we hope to be able to see U2 back to Brazil soon. For more details visit http://www.ultraviolet-u2.com/. Thank you

MT

we had last years u2 songbook event filmed . we thought it would be a treat to share a few clips with all of you who could not be there and serve as a great reminder to those who were there what a great night u2 songbook was

and of course to help plug ITH 08 : november 15 , 2008

YouTube - mattcampagna's Channel

Matt Campagna | Filmmaker | Broadcaster | Podcaster | Rogue

mattcampagna Profile | Veoh Video Network

http://blip.tv/scripts/flash/showpl...ablejs=true&smokeduration=0&showplaylist=true

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally i get to see some vids from last year! Thanks for posting them!!! i knew it was being recorded but i don't recall seeing if anything was available to view/buy.

everyone who preformed were amazing! My favs from Songbook.....Carlo :heart: Loraina :heart: The Sea Inside :heart:

:nostalgia: Last year was great.

I won't be there this year :grumpy: I'm going home a week too early. Have fun and see ya'll next year :wave:

we had last years u2 songbook event filmed . we thought it would be a treat to share a few clips with all of you who could not be there and serve as a great reminder to those who were there what a great night u2 songbook was

and of course to help plug ITH 08 : november 15 , 2008

YouTube - mattcampagna's Channel

Matt Campagna | Filmmaker | Broadcaster | Podcaster | Rogue

mattcampagna Profile | Veoh Video Network

http://blip.tv/scripts/flash/showpl...ablejs=true&smokeduration=0&showplaylist=true

The correct link for Matt's blip.tv page, in order to see the full range of videos:

Filmmaker | Broadcaster | Podcaster | Rogue on blip.tv

( know a bit about blip ;))

Hope to see some of you on Saturday...it's going to be like something you've never seen/heard before...naw, I don't officially work for ITH, but fuck I'm pumped!!!

There is also going to be a raffle and the prizes are fucking brilliant: next tour ticket packages, 3 RED iPods, and a whole lot more..

And...of course, Elevation is playing! :up: :)

Edit: In other words, if you didn't plan on coming, and you have the wherewithal/time to jump on a plane last minute tonite or tomorrow morning....DO IT! :yes:

i will post a more succinct feeling of the night later

But the winner of the grand prize: her name was Wendy

Had never been to an ITH before . Was only there because her U2 loving friend Maria brought her to it . I think it was Maria`s first ITH also come to think of it . I guess Wendy has no choice but to take Maria with her on teh trip she won ;-)

I guess going out on in the stinging rain , and a cold night, pays off sometimes...

There were some jaw dropping , sugar popping performances Saturday night . I swear to god at moments i thought that if all 4 u2 guys were in the room they would have bowed to some of the acts for the job they did ....

I thought the night was fantastic--beautiful space, great sound, great performances. The highlights for me were:

--Touch Me Airborne Plague: this is what the boys wanted to be back when they aspired to be a punk band--totally rocked it.

--Mark and Gabriel--Salome! I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

--Code Revival: proof that A Man and a Woman can be performed live. I waited four years for this...

All in all, an incredible night...

I thought the night was fantastic--beautiful space, great sound, great performances. The highlights for me were:

--Touch Me Airborne Plague: this is what the boys wanted to be back when they aspired to be a punk band--totally rocked it.

--Mark and Gabriel--Salome! I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

--Code Revival: proof that A Man and a Woman can be performed live. I waited four years for this...

All in all, an incredible night...

Hey thanks KSO! There's video out there of Mark and I, if you're on facebook...also, I agree with the Touch Me Airborne Plague set. It took me a few brief seconds to get used to it, but then it hit me and it was brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom