Interferencers off to University next month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princey

War Child
Just interested to see which of us will be moving cities in either September or October in the UK to go to University...i currently live in Hull but am moving to Edge Hill, Ormskirk (nr. Liverpool) on September 11th to start a Journalism course.

anyone else care to share were theyre going??

I wonder if my University will have any good exchange programs....

(I'll start a thread for that, maybe....)

Well, I'll be off to mine in January, as I've mentioned elsewhere. But good luck everyone

History and Journalism......

I don't know what I want to do anymore.
More so, what is something I would excel at that I am capable and competent in. I know I have skills and such, but I'm not sure about what field I should get into, honestly........

hmm.........

I am off to Bristol in October.....change of city, change of country wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

Life is good:D

beli said:
I work at a University so Ive been going to University everyday for years. :wink:

I am just praying to god that my room mates at least do not hate U2...that may be bad:wink:

Last edited:
beli said:

This is a very valid point. I would like to add to your advice - don't marry a man who changes the station away from U2.

Well hopefully if all things go to plan in life i will be marrying a woman, unless she hasn't told me a wee secret of hers hmmm:wink:

Have you not managed to convert your husband to U2 yet?

hmm i wonder if anyone has ever started divorce proceedings over their spouse not liking U2:hmm:

beli said:

I think it would be valid grounds. :mad:

Apologies for the gender issue.

Have a blast at Uni. Which subject are you going to study?

No need to apologise for the gender thing, i was just trying to make a very bad joke out of it:tongue:

I am going to do psychology should be good...it has always interested me so i should really enjoy it...what do you work as at your university?

LJT said:

No need to apologise for the gender thing, i was just trying to make a very bad joke out of it:tongue:

I am going to do psychology should be good...it has always interested me so i should really enjoy it...what do you work as at your university?

:lol: Cool. I work in admin ie Safety & Health. Im not out in the faculties. If I worked in the faculties I would have to talk to students :crack:

:wink:

beli said:

:lol: Cool. I work in admin ie Safety & Health. Im not out in the faculties. If I worked in the faculties I would have to talk to students :crack:

and talking to students is so bad?:eyebrow: :madspit:

you are talking to one now:wink:

beli said:

I know. This is a thread full of stewed ants. :evil:

there are more of us in this thread than you...so i suggest you tread lightly my friend....when get together, it is dangerous:angry: :cool:

:lol: Dunno that Im an expert.

I guess it depends if you want to study a subject that will earn a good living, or if you want to gain knowledge. I personally studyed a vocational topic, ie accounting, and wished Id studied something useless but interesting like arts.

As for working at a University. A degree in something, anything helps greatly. Theres facets to University employment
* Teaching - ie in a subject you have a degree or higher
*Research - in a subject you are studying or have a degree or higher
*Administration - which is split into two. Central Administration and administration in the faculties. Whichever one you choose you may end up pigeon holed for life. :mad:
Faculties Administration involves dealing with students. Central admin often has nothing to do with the day to day teaching and research role of the Uni. Depends what you like really.

I work at a sandstone University, the equivalent of the USA Ivy League, or the Oxford/Cambridge type institutions in England. It may well be different in a more vocational based university.

Ah, what a lot of waffle. :lol:

{paintedroses} said:

But don't trust male U2 fans they are nasty:tsk::sad: to me anyway :sad:

What? point me in the direction of these guys and i shall deal with them personally:mad:

LJT said:

What? point me in the direction of these guys

There was only one! I'm just feeling sorry for myself lol. Men suck.. :sad:

Actually he would be somewhere in your direction :hmm:

{paintedroses} said:

There was only one! I'm just feeling sorry for myself lol. Men suck.. :sad:

Actually he would be somewhere in your direction :hmm:

*coughiamaguycough*

Is he from Ireland?

LJT said:

*coughiamaguycough*

Is he from Ireland?

I know you're a guy, didn't someone already mistake you for a girl in this thread?! lol

He is indeed from Ireland, not so far from where you are. :ohmy:

Maybe LJT and 'that' guy are the same person......though then I guess he would be exactly where LJT was instead of "not so far from". Lived in Belfast long LJT? Huh? Huh? :wink:

TheQuiet1 said:
Maybe LJT and 'that' guy are the same person......though then I guess he would be exactly where LJT was instead of "not so far from". Lived in Belfast long LJT? Huh? Huh? :wink:

:eek: If he is he'll be too scared to admit it! :mad:

{paintedroses} said:

I know you're a guy, didn't someone already mistake you for a girl in this thread?! lol

He is indeed from Ireland, not so far from where you are. :ohmy:

i was coughing because you said 'men suck'...i was just trying to say we are not all alike:)

So he is from Belfast? (haha and Quiet1 i was born and raised in Belfast:p)

hmm how can i prove he and me are not one and the same?:hmm:

LJT said:

i was coughing because you said 'men suck'...i was just trying to say we are not all alike:)

So he is from Belfast? (haha and Quiet1 i was born and raised in Belfast:p)

hmm how can i prove he and me are not one and the same?:hmm:

Sorry, not all men suck! He's from near Belfast yeah. And its ok I believe you!:wink:

{paintedroses} said:

Sorry, not all men suck! He's from near Belfast yeah. And its ok I believe you!:wink:

Good as i may have had to duel to the death this other Belfast person to prove he was not me:wink:

Sorry i have just seen the Count of Monte Cristo on BBC1 it has greatly influenced my mindset tonight....*bows*

*swishes cape and leaves*

:cool:

I am quite sad:yes:

Back
Top Bottom