Interferencers off to University next month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
{paintedroses} said:
:lol:

Northern Irish accent is :drool:worthy... :wink:

I shall at least always have that weapon at my disposal madmoiselle*bows*

Im racing off to Uni now, and popped onto the internet on my way out the door. This thread has given me a gorgeous giggle this morning. Thank you, particularly LJT. Despite the fact you are stewed ant, you are a beautiful man, LJT. :up:

:eek: thank you

I suppose my interest in 18th/19th century etiquette has some uses:D

Last edited:
Don't worry it was the same with me, just i didn't admit it:wink:

I am considering calling professors at uni 'Weetos'

LJT said:

hmm how can i prove he and me are not one and the same?:hmm:

Well, I suppose as I can't have DNA evidence, your word will do. :wink:

PS. Agree with {paintedroses} about Northern Irish accents :drool: Think yourself lucky you're not stuck with mine! I'm still brooding over that.....

What is wrong with your accent:eyebrow:

Personally i am not fond of mine at all well i was not fond of it initially but i have kinda grown to like it or at least not mind it...

hmm i never knew the Northern Irish accent was so popular:hmm:

I should really speak a lot when i am over in England:flirt:

VertigoGal said:
come to the US and you'll have people falling all over you. us american ladies are very deprived of men with hot accents. :tsk:

SO there is a market for it hmmm maybe i should start selling tapes of me speaking over Amazon, it would pay my way through uni:D

LJT said:
hmm i never knew the Northern Irish accent was so popular:hmm:

I should really speak a lot when i am over in England:flirt:

Yeah English chicks dig it. :wink:

The Irish accent in general is :drool: but something about Northern Irish its just masculine and rugged and..... sexy. :sexywink:

:combust:

I am seeing Franz Ferdinand and the Scissor Sisters tonight:hyper:

woooohooooooooooo*elevation styley*:wink:

I would be excited for you, but Scissor Sisters suck and Franz Ferdinand aren't really my kinda music. :shrug:

I'm sitting in front of my TV tonight:hyper:

LJT said:
What is wrong with your accent:eyebrow:

You've evidently not heard me speak! I recently listened to my voice on a digital camera and it just sounds so different to how I thought it would. I guess it was more of a shock than anything.

I don't exactly sound like Compo or anything but you can definitely tell where I'm from! Which isn't a bad thing I suppose. Never trust people without accents :shifty:

Enjoy the concert!

I don't think I have an accent. Obviously people from other countries could tell I'm English but as far as it goes in England I just don't have one. Wish I did :(

TheQuiet1 said:

You've evidently not heard me speak! I recently listened to my voice on a digital camera and it just sounds so different to how I thought it would. I guess it was more of a shock than anything.

I don't exactly sound like Compo or anything but you can definitely tell where I'm from! Which isn't a bad thing I suppose. Never trust people without accents :shifty:

Enjoy the concert!

I am sure it's not as bad as you think:yes:

The concert was good Franz were excellent but i did not get much of a chance to enjoy the Scissor Sisters..there was a bunch of stupid rowdy guys in front of me crowd surfing and just falling over each other and pushing others, i was with two female friends and one of their mums, so i ended up most of the night just stopping these guys from crushing them:mad: One of them was a real prat as one of my friends is American but she lives in England, she was over for a visit so this guy starts going on about stupid Americans grrr, i was close to hitting him, just ended up pushing him away:tsk:

Otherwise it was a pretty good night even though it was pouring with rain:D

Anyway uni...woooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo:wink:

{paintedroses} said:
I don't think I have an accent. Obviously people from other countries could tell I'm English but as far as it goes in England I just don't have one. Wish I did :(

British accents still count even if they're not unique over there. seriously, American accents suck. they're either really boring, like mine, or annoying (southern, wisconsin, etc.)...no offense to anyone with those accents :wink:

okay so brooklyn, new jersey, etc have some cool accents, but that's about it.

LJT said:

I am sure it's not as bad as you think:yes:

The concert was good Franz were excellent but i did not get much of a chance to enjoy the Scissor Sisters..there was a bunch of stupid rowdy guys in front of me crowd surfing and just falling over each other and pushing others, i was with two female friends and one of their mums, so i ended up most of the night just stopping these guys from crushing them:mad: One of them was a real prat as one of my friends is American but she lives in England, she was over for a visit so this guy starts going on about stupid Americans grrr, i was close to hitting him, just ended up pushing him away:tsk:

I hate people at concerts. It seems for some people its just an opportunity to forget any kind of common courtesy or manners they've ever been taught. I don't mind people jumping around and having a good time but when you're intentionally pissing everyone else off while not even paying attention to the bands.. that makes me :mad: and then I can't enjoy the concert. :angry: Some people are so rude.. *grumbles to self for the next half hour*

1stepcloser said:
i have a brummie accent, it's the worst one to have believe me!

:wink:

so you 'aven't 'eard the 'ull accen then?

( - roughly translated...so you haven''t heard the Hull accent then?)

lucky you... :wink:

Well my mate goes to uni in Hull and he hasn't picked it up yet so yeh, i haven't heard it....all Yorkshire/lancashire accents sound the same to me anyway! for all i know, Coronation St could be filmed in Hull

1stepcloser said:
Well my mate goes to uni in Hull and he hasn't picked it up yet so yeh, i haven't heard it....all Yorkshire/lancashire accents sound the same to me anyway! for all i know, Coronation St could be filmed in Hull

as soon as you start to notice deterioration (did i just make that word up?? :huh:) in grammar, slurring of words and knocking off the t's and h's in words then you know hes got "the illness"

i'll point it out to him then if i detect any sings of 'the illness'. although a half hull, half brummie accent could be quite interesting.....or it could be the worst accent the world has ever seen. i think i'd probably go with the latter there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom