India wale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
hey tomtom welcome back man,I was really happy to see your post.I guess you'll be regular from now on,atlest tell me your status.Ok
by the wat did ya read my article on the songs you asked if not I can post it again,if you want me to.I'm really excited now can't wait for the first single.

are bhaiyya inho ne pichleee bar topic hee delete kar diya,is bar jawab de dena mere bhai, na dena ho to woh bhi bata dena,kam se akm main intezaar to nahin karoonga.
By the way how bout ur admission an all???

Yo ishkash.I cannot tell you how sorry I am for not replying to you for such a long time.I hope you will accept my apology.I am really very very very sorry.To make a long story short,my PC was completely busted.There was some internal malfunction and I couldnt get to Windows.So I couldnt get online for 2 weeks,apart from the odd small post I was able to make at a cybercafe.I should have told you then itself.I finally had to reformat my entire hard-disk as a last resort(all my MP3s-gone!!!!!!!!!!!!),and reinstall everything.So I'm back now.Once again,please accept my humble apology.

Anyway I still have to give you my take on the songs we were discussing.As well as...the new album!Which I will do later today(its 2:00 am in the morning right now and I jhave driving class tomorrow morning).

But you better be ready for some heavy hitting when I'm done!

By the way,I got the bootleg of ZOOMERANG-ZOO TV in Sydney yesterday!Its absolutely unbelievable!!!!I had actually won it in an auction on Ebay online when I was in th US 2 months ago.I wish I could send it to you.

Did you get the MDH OST yet?I saw the cassete in Rhythm House in Bombay for Rs.125 so you better get it!!!
One question to you.Would you like it if the songs on the new album are like TGBHF?

I will write very very soon.

Hey c'mon man you're taking things pretty seriously,you're back I've forgotten all.Hey I knew some PC prob might have occured,actually this is my worst nightmare,you'll not believe how I treasure my mp3s I've done a double backup,hopefully it will come good in any undesirable situation.For M$H yeah I have asked my cousin in Delhi to get it for me,mofoman remember him,he'll be back in couple of weeks,but I've got GBHF and Stateless.
For the new album like GBHF,to be honest with ya no I'll not be happy,not that I liked the song its on my top5 list right now,but for the simple fact that band has been emphasizing that they're going for harder sound ever since popmart ended.Both Bono and Eno have said that Edge has taken out his electric guitar.So i'll be disappointed only cause of this that they haven't delivered what they promised.
On the other hand I was reading a story saying that all the people from record co. who have listened to the song are very excited and are jumping up and down.Well I think I've crossed that barrier of liking I think now I just want their album even if Adam is on lead vocals
smile.gif
(Which will never happen)
And yes with that bootleg thing you've made me very jealous,but wait a min. I have a cousin in NYC,he's coming down in Oct so I've asked him to get as many U2 stuff as you can and forget about the bills I'll cover all.

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 07-24-2000).]

Hey ishkash.At the time of writing this,I am listening to Lemon live in Sydney,ZOO TV.

What do you use to back up your MP3's?Writable CD?Do you have a CD writer?How many MP3's do you have?What are your favourite live ones?Mine is WOWY live from Washington DC ZOO TV.After the normal studio version is over,they extend it.The chords played by the Edge are like arrows through your heart,searing.And then Bono sings 'We shine like stars in the summer night....',the emotion in his voice is unbelievable.

OK I would like to discuss some of the songs we were talking about.Here we go.

The Unforgettable Fire:pure mood.The most moody,atmospheric song they've done,like all the songs on TUF are.Also very dark.This song just messes up my head,takes me to another time,another place(no pun intended).The climax with the violin and the bass is so powerful and dark.And all the instuments are played fuckingly brilliantly.That tinge on the Edges guitar in this song...so thick and awesome,man.The visual imagery in this song is superb.Mountains,seas,cities,lights,spinning wheels.Just a dark,surreal,abstract painting.

Lemon:Sad despair.I just feel like I'm swimming out into nothing when I listen to Lemon.All the songs on the Zooropa record have strong philosophical implications.You could base a religion on this album called Zooropaism,man. 'Midnight....is when the day begins'.It makes me question the validity of todays society.And its so emotional.Sad,sad,sad.He sings 'And I feel....like I'm drifting,driftnig,drifting from the shore..',and then he breaks down,he cant take it ny more,and sings that beautiful falsetto,with the piano and the voices in the background.I just feel like going away inside the song and living there to ,to look for her.'She's a dreamer,she's imagination'.Its so ambigous,so multi-interpretive.I know its about Bonos mother,but it can mean something different to anybody who listens to it.Its about wanting something that you need so badly,and looking for it,and how you feel without it,and how you feel how fucked up this world is.

MoFo:I didnt listen to this song that much until you mentioned that it was one of your favourites.Now its one of my favourite,thanks,man.Its like an extension of Lemon I feel,only more messed up and much darker.So hard and raw,touches the core of your emotion,but because of the way its performed,and the style(electronica and rock),it prevents any sort of softness from getting in.I dont know what I actually meant by this.It also shows the shallowness of people(looking for to savemy,save my soul,looking for to fill that God shaped hole).

With or Without You:I cant speak about this song.I tried to before on this forum,and found I could not.This song is what I am.It encompasses written language or words,theres no way to express what I feel for it.Just pure emotion.

Right now I've only written about these,because I am listening to these songs right now.I want to give some deeper thought to the other ones,and write about them when I feel I can express what I want to about them.

About admissions,well,counselling has yet to start.I'm in no hurry
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
.All I care about is the new album!!

BTW I cant believe that you've seen Wings of Desire!!!I want to see that one SO BADLY!!!!!How and when did you see that?How did you find it?

You article about the songs was so SEXY!!!!!!I'm going to print it.Because it mirrors my own thoughts in so many ways.

ACHTUNG BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets Get Married,Lets Go to Vegas...... amazing how does he do this,I mean he can be a really,really intense persons yet have a modest viewtopia about it.I think this man has a profound stage presence,Paul Hewson was borned to be Bono.
Hey by the way thanks mate for this amazing piece of music,DC lifts it up.

I think U2 save their best for their Live performance I guess tats why they're one of the greatest bands of all time and greatest live band.I mean if I'm sitting in my room can have the experience of a concert what I else I need.But I would love to see the real thing,Its even better.

As for my Top Live U2 songs,here I go:

1) With Or Without You: The ZooTV version is mind blowing, like you I can't explain,I mean its beyond verbal limits,All I can say i'm breathing in this song.

2) Love Is Blindness: You've the ZooTV bootleg well I've almost all the songs from Zootv tour,except for trying to throw your arms around the world.As for this song its an amazing prayer,I think The Edge's guitar is the key,he has used not the most glamorous of solo's yet whatever he does captures the momment efficiently.Its like watching a serene river flow with subtle breeeze caressing your thoughts.Piano intro another brilliance.

3)Untill The End Of the World:"Is This Rock'n'Roll,Is this Rock'n'Roll" wow thats rock n roll U2 way,Bono brings amazing intensity to the song,but overall Larry is the unsung hero,he keeps the rhythm going very well without monotonous beats.The live version features what I think is called killer solo,whenever he goes solo he makes sure he nails it.

4)Mysterious Ways: I think again the best part begins where the actuall song should end,like the part which is not on the album, feats. an amazing piece of noise courtsey of one Mr.Edge,then as the prophet Fly takes over She moves must irritate me..... I really can't make out what he says.Oh it has that "arrow" affect you talk about.

5)Bad: Lovetown Tour version is excellent,I mean this is one of those things that makes me proud and I feel no shame in saying "yes I'm inspired by a rock star" again the best part comes when Bono sings Plaese to meet you I hope you know my name.

6)Last Night On Earth: I think the reason why I respect U2 so much is their eagerness to learn and improve,I know rock bands play same music ninght in night out for eternity,U2 on the other hand are ready to take up challenges and improve.Like some songs U2 can sing for eternity and yet we won't be bored but this band doesn't no easy way out.Keep it up guys. Well this song is such a example,tomtom I would recommend you to download POPMART Jo'burg ver from U2star.com,I mean if you think U2 can 't wham-ban just listen to this version,I mean esp the Mr.Edge again he gives the new tune as you call it "arrow" effect as on WOWY I mean it changes the whole arrangement,It make a very good song a great song,but whatever you do don't download anything from POPMART opening nights except for Staring At the Sun and meebe Mofo.

7)Running To Stand Still: I mean this band has "Balls" How on earth someone dare to change a song that much,I'm talking about ZOOTV ver.Adam's a-la heart beat riff,Edge's hardcore mellows Larry as always the ultimate rocker, and Yes Mistah MacPhisto Hallelujah!I tell you what it sends chill down my spine.

8)Desire: Again Mr.Mirrorball Man part is pretty special,I just hope you have this.In the end Bono speaks like Presidential candidate...I have a vision....I have a vision......Television.

9)Staring At the Sun:No particual reasons I just love the acoustic version.

10)Please:The reason is same the live version better than the studio ver,but I like that also.The Edge's guitar again scores a high and when Bono scroons like a mad hatter oh waaa re aaah....... it can really charge you up,by the way MTV awards version is excellent.I think all the POPMART version are very good.The live version manages to take the song to another level.

Close But No Cigar
Gone-relly really awsome
I Still haven't Found....- Well i think Bono's tenor like voice on the studio version is pretty special.
Streets-I think I like the Studio version more.

You must be wondering why I haven't mentioned Bullet The Blue Sky,well I tell you what its the Greatest U2 Live song I like all the versions,but with those mentioned above I think are much better when played live.Thats why I haven't mentioned New Years Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday,they all are good as any version.
Well i hope you also get Under A Blood Red Sky Live album,the songs are really amazing.

Hey ishkash.What do you use to download your MP3s?I used to use Gozilla,but after reformatting my PC,I have downloaded Downloaded Downloasd Accelerator.It downloads comparatively much faster,but the problem is that it cannot download lots of MP3s like the ones on U2Star(my main source of MP3s).

So right now what albums/songs are you listening to.My case,its Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa.My discmans batteries are exhausted so I cant listen to other stuff I want to like Achtung,the Sydney concert,by the way it has Trying to Throw...and its BRILLIANT.Also MDH OST.Hey I do have Under a Blood Red Sky.What are your favourites on that?Myself Gloria,of course Eleven o Clock Tick Tock,I will Follow,and 40.

Hey,I will write to you about my favourite live MP3s/songs later today itself.Try to reply quickly right now.OK one more question to ask you.What was the FIRST song you ever downloaded,from where and how did you feel when you finally got to listen to it?

See you soon.
By the way,my college will start not till December.Yoo hoo yoo hoo yoo hoo
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey tomtom man,I'm a bit screwed y'kna it rained and when it rains in UP things get messed up, so the telphone line is down and the net is crawling,so i'll try tomorrow but if i'm unable the pls don't mind to drop me a mail.Actually I really look forward for ue thougts,I mean it,I guess you've no probs with that,however I like it up here,really makes thing exciting.

gotta go man or it will drop
ishkash@yahoo.com
If ya wanna wait then I'm ok too.

Hey tomtom things are pretty normal as of now.
Hey As for my MP3 backup I just use plain and simple disk backup installed with Win98,I'm just hoping that will work.

My first MP3 was from zoonation.com and the song was none other than The Ground Beneath Her Feet,absolute gem and I'm very delighted and honored of sorts that it was my first choice.
Actually I waited a bit for a while to take internet connection untill I was absolutely sure that the service was absolutely perfect.Earlier I used to go to pops office or just friends y'kna but there was no point of downloading stuff on someone elses' hard disk.
I was elated to hear the GBHF it was like jumping up and down thing.The melody blew me off,I think I was wondering what will happen after POP sound wise and this song was awsome, a fucking brilliant song.But y'kna what I wasn't sure that this is the version which will appear on the M$H ost,I thought it was from that BBC session that they did.Excelent song and features in my top5(which ofcourse subject to change).

As for from Under A Blood Red Sky well........ Party Girl,see U2 had such a serious image in the 80s and they did this song that was absolutely kick-ass-funk.Its a sweet lill' lovely song I really love pa-ra-ra-ram-pa.Now I have a feeling that I like all the songs live but their is a undying desire now to watch U2 live.Well man what d'ya think that they'll drop by this time round.Actually they're planning on the POPmart itself but they thought that POPmart would be too much for India,price wise.

Right now I'm listening to everything from POP to War just trying to figure out whats the new album gonna sound like.K! tomtom man have ya heard any song from the Las Vegas Popmart.If ya ever get a chance just listen to Gone and in the end Bono sorta goes half rap which is actually sounds brilliantly.So I'm marking out Elevation if its anything like that it will blow man.

Hey ishkash,sorry for the delay.

You know you had asked me why U2 is not popular here in India.Ok,I'll give you a simple example why.You know what my friends regard as a good rock song?Its my Life by Bon Jovi,you must have heard that song.All my friends think its great,that lousy bunch of crap.Tell me now,what can you do about such people.

For some reason though,I dont think U2 are that well known here at all.I mean till my friend from the USA introduced me to them last year,I had barely heard of them.In the sense that I knew them,that they were this rock band who had been around for a long time,and I had heard and liked IGWSHA from the City of Angels OST,and of course I had heard Discotheque in early 97,which was just when I got cable,by the way,and which also gave me the completely wrong idea about them.But it was like everybody knows The Beatles and Rolling Stones and Led Zep(to an extent),and GNR(which is total crap in MHO).But U2?People are like,yes I've heard the name somewhere,but who are they actually?Thinking back,how could this happen with the greatest band ever?Why do people know who Bryan Adams(dont tell me you like him) and Bon Jovi of all the artists are,and know their songs by heart,but know nothing about U2,which is undeniably realms above?Theres definitely something wrong with this world.

Yes I heard the Beautiful Day clip.It was like 8 in the night,I logged on to Interference.com,usually I click stop really fast,because I just need th forum hot spot to appear.But this time I waited for the whole thing.I couldnt believe it when I saw that the clip was there for download.After months of trying to guess what the new sound would be like,I finally got to hear it.First sitting I must have heard it about 15 times atleast.But its too small,and its the ending of the song.So all it has done is make me more hungry,I just cant wait any more,especially you know that we in India will get totally fucked because the singles wont play on radio anyway,I just hope the video is aired quickly.I just cant wait any longer.I got my PC w/Internet in December 99,and I have just heard more and more and more from the band about the new record,and have thought and thought and thought about how it would be.I have discovered all of their sounds and albums.Do you know what I mean by discovery,like with an album its a wonderful and beautiful process.All the while I have thought how its going to be.A new U2 album comes like once in a lifetime!It means a lot to me,its not just that I'm a fan of their music and interested for that sake only,all that shit.No.every album has opened my mind to new ideas and changed my life in some way,and I'm not ashamed to say this.I nfact every album has shaped my life somehow.Most of all AB,JT,Zooropa and Unforgettable Fire.And have heard everything uptill now to death.I want something new in the though process evolution,want to see the moods and tones.I'm not saying I've gotten bored of the ones I have,but I have digested them in almost entirety.I want to discover more,and the potential of this band is you know limitless I feel.

About Beautiful Day,I loved the clip,but would have liked more and also it would have been better had they put out a part from the middle so as to give us a better idea.

So what exactly are you listening to right now?

Hey I have a great idea.Its a big long shot,but supposing I have summer break and you do too,we could get to America in the summer somehow,borrw,beg,steal,and go to the shows.Would not that be ultimate?And work it off there.A thought!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey one question for you.Do you think that they will play even one song from Pop on this tour?I have my doubts.If so,which?What do you think of Pop as a stand-alone album,and as compared to their other work.

Well be seeing you
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well be seeing you later.BTW can you play any intruments?

So tomtom what d'ya think of Beautiful Day,I really....really love those 46 secs man o man this band is amazing isn't it. WOW I can't wait for this album, It will sure kick some serious ass.

Hey man I've wriiten a whole load of shit but it ain't accepting the copy paste format, something is really screwed up here,I've written some pretty good stuff, so I'll try it sometime later.Sorry
frown.gif

I don't know why I even write to you.I mean all the things I want to say, I think you already understand them,its just a matter of putting up there.I think I haven't known anyone with whom I agree so much.

As for U2 not being that famous well tomtom I had a very long headaches over it, millions of fight with friends.Now I have concluded that average Indian youth don't deserve U2. U2 is just not merely a rock band, its kinda institution where you can learn so many things and get entertained for that.U2 is profoundness, you have to discover the intelectual abyss in yourself to understand their message.eg. I gave copy of POP to one of my friends and he liked Please and Do you feel Loved.Well he said "Please is such a amazing love ballad,Bono must have a great girlfriend.I said dear friend thats not a love song for his girlfriend but thats his love song for his country.He was like embarrased to core and till present day can't catch the idea.Then I gave the same chap and another the legendary Achtung Baby.The first one was pretty cautious but the second one liked One,Love Is Blindness,Untill The End Of The World.I said so what d'you think, and he was like "Yes very good love songs."I said yeah love songs alright but what d'ya think and he gave me one of the most dumbest expression ever.Then I told the stories about every song and he was like,What the hell,you have too much time.Well obviously that idiot couldn't catch anything, but revealed the shallowness in him.For him that was too much to think.For them "LOVE" means laying a girl, thats all.Well when I told him about the spiritual aspect of love,epitomised as songs..He was like very ignorant as if his belief system was diminishing. So the point is that Indian youth is very afraid to look inside himself for introspection,he's afraid I don't know why, but he just can't except the truth about himself.Part of that goes thankfully to the education system and part to an undying urge to copy the west.I have nothing against west,I love that place...I wanna go there,But as a Indian not as a confused young man who is ready to strip his 2000 years of past just to embrace the glitz, thats not me.Anyway for U2 you have to have that nack of looking deeper into thing,taking life seriously without giving away an inch of fun.You kna what the best part is that you can learn so much from a rock n roll band.
smile.gif
Well I don't wanna go into shit about U2 in India,I think some day they'll realise what they have missed.Actually there are people who really like U2 here,I mean die hards and understanding persons, but they are few.But believe me tomtom if U2 ever comes to India, 50,000+ crowd is guaranteed, don't underestimate the best band in the world.Overall for India rock music means kick ass stuff, well I will agree U2 don't kick ass, just because of the fact that they kick you in the spine.

Hey Hey I was also seriously thinking bout watchin U2 live.hey man isn't it amazing that somehow we tend to think same I was also thinking like we somehow all the U2 fans gather together and make to the shores,Seriously man nothing would be like it.Actually I have a cousin in NYC so putting up and food stuff is no big deal, but the bigest prob is how to we make it there
confused.gif
....Hey man I'll write more the lights are out so gotta go for now

Hey ishkash.You knw that show Friends on Star World.Well guess what song was played on todays show.With or Without You!Just to tell you.

I checked out the chatroom today.There were quite a few people in at the time,it was fun.But thats all it is...a chatroom.I mean its not for any real communication.Just light-hearted timepass cool fun.

It looks like your taste in movies is as good as that in music.Forgive me for asking but how did you get so much exposure to such cinema,being from the heart of India?Is it because of your parents.I tell you it is really worthwwhile talking to you.I really feel like I've found a friend
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
.Like movies like Citizen Kane,and the one movie I want to see so badly,Wings of Desire.I would kill to see that movie.Basically any Wim Wenders movie.I saw an interview of him on Star Movies just recently,because he was in Hong Kong,it was amazing,I tell you.The man said so many wonderful things,and they showed clips of MDH and Wings of Desire,both were so beautiful.I later checked out reviews of WoD,noone gave it less than 5 stars out of 5.I know the basic story,tell me about it.I'm telling you if you had heard the things he said,you would understand why him and U2 are so close.One I remember,he said he made movies like one paints pictures,and the most beautiful instrument is the human voice.He said lots of surreal things.Even without seeing WoD I can tell its my knid of movie.I love movies which use the camera like a brush,that visual imagery and beauty,and I love lighting and colurs,it conveys so much,and delivers such a sense of mood.You know my favourite movie?You wont believe it.Dil Se.Have you seen it?It is the only good Hindi movie I have seen.I think its so deep,very few people can get it.I have seen it 9 times.That movie is a visual spectacle.Mani Ratnam is a genius,I dont know how he can top that.Like U2,Indian people didnt deserve it.Everybody thinks it was boring,anyway it flopped.It was the first really deep movie I have seen.People say it didnt have a good story or plot,dont they realise it was not supposed to,it was about real PEOPLE,human beings.I love movies that are about simply people and feelings and emotions,and nothing else.Anyway how can you expect people who think that Hrithik Roshan is a great actor,and who cried when they saw KKHH and DTPH to like anything real?All they care about is chocolate shit entertainment,they dont look for anything beyond that.I feel like slapping people who say that movies like that are great,and the acting in KKHH was superb,please please spare me.I think its simply a reflection of what our society has become.Even the idea of friendship.Most people around me,no matter what they say,for them friends are people who lighten your spirits,make you feel good.My idea of friendship goes beyond that.I love joking around,but I would love to talk to somebody who has deep interests and ideas and thoughts and wants to share them,and who would hear mine,half-formed though they are.I want to discuss things,and learn things from people,and do things with them.Thats why I like you,I feel that you are somebody like that,who has a deep interest in life.Like I love U2,for eg.It doesnt mean that I dont think anyone else is good.I would love to meet somebody who has similar deepness and love for anything,its not necessary that they have to change or influence me,but just learning about people is such a joy.

Since the past few days,I have been thinking about the relation between U2 and and my life,and I have come up with quite a few things.I have spent a lot of time thinking about what is worthwhile and meaningful in life,and how I can do these things.I want to make an impact somehow,a big impact.I think that War and Zooropa have a lot to do with this.I am truly bothered about the people of this country.I have a lot of ideas now,much more than when I last talked about this,about war and people and oppurtunity.Remember I said to you before I'm in the process of developing as a person from scratch.I think it would be hypocritical to let U2 influence me so much and not bring their ideas into my life and what I do.What do you think?I will tell you some of my ideas next time.

Well you still didnt tell me about whether you think any songs from Pop will be played on the upcoming tour.

OK here is my top 5 right now
frown.gif
only holds for last few days!!)
1.With or Without You
2.Bad
3.Exit
4.Pride(live)
5.Running to Stand Still

BTW did you get the MDH OST yet from your cousin?And what times are you on in the chatroom?

See you later
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

tomtom

You really put me in a turmoil man and I guess I love that.As I said sometimes this copy paste thing doesn't work,So I guess thats why I was unable to post the proper answers.Actually I had written a wonderful piece of article for you, I guess only the half of which I was able to post.

So before I miss it again... I think songs from the POP won't make to the next tour, not because they're not worthy but just cause of the fact that I guess U2 don't do songs from the immediate previous album,Like on POPmart they didn't covered songs from Zooropa, but I think Please will be there the live version was too good to be left out.Anything apart from that well i don't think so,hey have you heard that live version of The Last Night On Earth,I mean it was damn good man a rare kick ass U2 song,esp in the end.

To be honest with you I'm not a big movie fan,that is in a general sense of word.Like I don't really like to go out and watch a movie say on a weekend, instead I prefer to see some really classic movies on my PC or the good old VCR.I don't think that a good movie is a cinema its a story in motion.As for Wings Of Desire, well I watched it on Star Movies itself...97 it was and those were the days when this channel was really good.As for the movie, very moving...It was a bout a Angel who falls for mortality...basically there wasn't much of a story telling but the visuals of sub-modern Berlin said more than many a million expressions.The observation that Angel makes,I really can't go into these minor details as it was subtitled,the lill' thing that this immortal world throws up to him is absolutely marvellous.This Wender guy is a genius..people talk of Koubrick well he was as good as they happen, but this Mishtah Wenders is something special.Yes I saw his interview on the Star Movies,he's a genius thats the least I can say.You know what the special part is,its to convey without really saying much.I recently saw Space Odyssey by Koubrick well I have to say extremly good,really worth watching.I really love these "art" movies, no not that I don't enjoy light things but from inside I really love it.See tomtom After U2 I'm a bit spoiled... now I even look to learn from my enetertainment...every single momment I try to become a better person,atleast from inside and thanks partly to U2, they really took me to another place,Well atlest now I consider myself a thinking person.

Saving Private Ryan is a recent fad,if you haven't watched it, my recomendation is to watch it as soon as you get some free time,Tom Hanks and Jeremy Davies are stand outs,this lill' guy is turning out to be a really wonderful actor.I haven't seen such a intriguing mainstream movie for the entire 90's.Its really special and its more than a war movie I guess you know that.
And if you are really into epics Godfather is a must.I loved the book,I loved the movie,its a rarity where both former and latter compliment each other.I think one stand out scene is when Al Pacino(Michael) returns from college and meets Marlon Brando(The Don) and I think that was a beautiful depiction of father and son you know that thing,they didn't spoke much but their expressions were comprehensive enough to summarise the entirity.Hats off to Pacino&Brando.

As for influence of U2,well tomtom I had very intense introspection,see the point was "Ok you are inspired by a rock star, a celebrity" I mean it was like Arnol Schwarzennegar is your role model.....hey hey wait a min Bono and Arnie well I'm certainly out of mind but if you take a general perspective then its the case.But you know the point is Bono is damn good a person to follow.why? because
1)Somehow he has this very balanced air around him,you know I'm not a rock star thing.
2)He's a thinking person and I like people who have perspective for life,who are ready to challenge their beliefs for right and wrong.

Hey man this only the half part,I have to work like this y'kna somehow this site no longer accepts long copy and paste stuff.More is following soon.......

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 08-08-2000).]

And most important of all that he seems to realise what he is and what he should be doing and how he should be doing doing it.You know what I think when you're in public eye thats the most important thing.eg.One of my friends said "Hey Bono's so sexy,Why doesn't he improve on his looks and all."she was like bamboozled why such a good looking man dresses up like a begger,she had ofcourse seen the Staring At The Sun Video where Bono's kinda very rugged and rough.So the point is our mian man knows what to do and what to do to stick with that.Imagine Bono's popularuty if he would have projected his sexy,adorable male rocker like that idiot Jon Bon Jovi.Thats why I respect him most, more or less Bono and the rest of the band are the same people who had started making music some 23 years ago.In between they had thrown some really masterful facade,like adoring trash on ZooTV.But whatever they do they're never afraid to embrace reality...harsh or polite.

As for hindi films there are some real masterpieces I'll name a few like 'Sparsh' Naseeruddin Shah is Awsome,truly a once in a life time performance.Yes Mani Ratnam is a genius, but somehow he has to get off that "South" feel of his work.Actually I also liked Dil Se...minus songs,I think hindi movie songs are really a subject to caricature.They make a decent movie pathetic.I just keep in touch with hindi movies like a half an hour of family session thing,restof the times I'm in front of this 15' CRT typing some of my reports or writting posts for tomtom.Other hindi well not so hindi is Gandhi,I think the best movie with lill' bit of Indian caste.Watch it man whether you like the man or not,the movie is really apecial and it changed my life a bit.Another one called Ardh Satya is gruellingly realistic,I loved Prahar by Nana Patekar.
Jane Bhi Do Yaaro,well not a masterpiece but a good indie effort,I wish they make more movies like these now,atlest they can try.of the recent past I haven't seen any movie in the hall....wait a min this one its called Hera Pheri, really really cool comedy I never knew that they made films like that anymore.Paresh Rawal has to be one of the most underrated actors of our country.He's the best contemporary actor,watch him in Sardar.....surreal performance.
Isn't it a bir depressing that no one really uses camera like brush here,may be with the exception of Mani Ratnam and maybe Vidhu Vinod Chopra.Thast why I really love Wenders,Koubrick,Speilberg.Have you seen video for Stay,I think it has one of the all time best video shots of all time..its when the camera reaches that room where these novish are playing and the angels U2 ofcourse! are helping them.When the camera reaches the door from oustside and you would think that they'll push the door and open it, but suddenly camera turns just a 8'O Clock and without opening the door the camera enters and you can see everyone inside in one shot.This is the genius of Wenders.He has done a lot of this lill' masterpieces on WoD and I heard recently in M$H.

And yes my cousin brought me Million Dollar Hotel CD, I must say these chaps have put in a lot of good work on it,esp Bono sounds really good on Falling At Your Feet and Never Let Me Go....but this Ground Beneath Her Feet is a real gem.Now I can say since I like U2 I think rest are not that good.

hi bhaiyo!
sorry if im interrupting your conversations but i just thought id say how great it is to see that u2 has reached the shores of india. dont take that as being patronising, i know young indians have a healthy interest in rock music although the indians' love of bon jovi worries me.

im an 18 yr old student from the uk, born to pakistani parents. if you wanna write to me please do at
saqibu2@hotmail.com

see ya
saqib

------------------
i will begin again

Hey ishkash.Dont worry,like you I hardly ever go out to the cinema halls to watch movies,theres no point-all that plays here in Baroda is Hindi movies or cheesy English action movies dubbed in Hindi.But my VCR doesnt work,so hardly ever see any movies at all.Today theres a good one on HBO in 45 minutes,Shawshank Redemption,I will try to see that.Like you,I love art movies.Actually I hate that label,I will call them beautiful movies.Very few movies are beautiful in the truest sense of the word.
My taste in movies was pretty shitty till a few months ago when I went to America for vacation,I watched a lot of movies on video then.My cousin there,he's 21 and a really different thinker,he introduced me to this whole alternative cinema.He made me watch 3 Cantonese(Chinese) movies by this director called Wong-kar-Wai.They are,apart from Dil Se,the most beautiful,surreal movies I have ever seen.I tell you,now that I know you a little,you would love them.There is no plot,no story line,nothing.This guy never writes a script for anything.The cinematography is also just so amazing,and music too.They messed me up so badly,actually they are,with U2 the major cause of my transformation as a person.There is one scene where this woman is smoking and eating noodles at the same time.Imagine that.

Also,of course,the Stay video is the most delicate thing I have ever seen.So tender and beautiful,I only dont understand why Wenders doesnt direct more of their videos.I love the shot where Bono is standing at the tope of the pole or spire I think,and how it switches from B&W to colour at times.That is the mark of a genius.Watching things like this makes my life worth living.Also the city where it is shot(Berlin??Amsterdam??) is presented so beautifully,it is the main reason I want to go to Europe.
Sweet,sweet,sweet.

Yeah I have seen Hera Pheri,very hilarious movie,my younger brother keeps speaking the dialogues from that movie,Devi Prasad,Devi Prasad.Kutriya Saliya.I want to see Jane Bhi do Yaro,have heard a lot about that movie.

So what do you do besides going to college and listening to U2?Would like to know.

The past few days,I have been listening to Bad like crazy,6-7 times conituously.I think its because I have not been very sure of myself and my mood,and Bad creates a mood entirely of its own,it has this amazing atmosphere,which envelopes you.It basically puts you inside the mind of a person.I really to this day dont know how Bono could find the words to write this song.

I dont understand,copy-paste works fine with me?OK I will write more later.

BTW great post on tht Last Night on Earth topic.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well you ask me what else I do apart from U2 and College, well nothing much more.... so here's my typical Typical Beautiful Day.

0700(Numb) Wake Up Dead Man

0800(Some Days Are Better Than Others) The Dead Man is ready for Breakfast and load of a Newspaper session, mainly Economic Times.

0900(Gone) the dead man leaves house for MBA "coaching" so till 1000 Dead man spends time with people who will compete against him and discusses everything except U2(they're to sacred for this)

1200(Zoo Station) Dead Man is now Holy Joe as his-morning-woke-me-up sorrows are over.Holy Joe is now in College.Holy Joe will spend his rest of, sometimes very uncreative hours in his College.Holy Joe now takes on the alter ego of Mishtah MacPhisto(Mafeesto I think you know this).He preaches every one about right and wrong and what to do, how to do.MacPhisto is not very good with girls, his seriousness piss them off and MacPhisto suffers the womens chill, he's crawling to stand still.Hallelujah....halle....Hallelujah....Hallelujah.Some people think MacPhisto is stupid some think MacPhisto is great, but most are too scared to reveal as they think MacPhisto is "high-fi",By the way MacPhisto is part Mirrorball Man when comes to giving answers in Classroom, everyone loves Mirrorball Man, they think he's a confused over thinking right-man-in-a-wrong-place.

Comes 1700(Even Better Than The Real Thing) And now MacPhisto is officially The Fly...like a Eagle.The Fly is the first one to reach the courts of Varsity Basket ball ground,He misses classes(sometimes) but never misses his Basketball.Some think he's pretty good, some think he's just a fly on the wally, but this fly whoops ass on Basket Ball court.

1900(Do You Feel Loved) The Fly reaches his garbage spot(otherwise known as hang out place) and becames a real bad ass with weaks(spiritually) and real mate of strong, basically the Fly is right now having fun.But the girls still get pissed(The girls who meet Holy Joe loves him) and jerks really avoid his buzz as he really pisses them off too.(On a Dirty day).Sometimes here The Fly is Wanderer too.

2000(A Sort Of Homecoming) The Fly reaches home but as soon as he enters the door he moves in Mysterious Ways and becomes a Drowning Man....He's tired...and he spends a whole lotta time in his shower and if somehow gets time Listens to his vibes(youchoo).

2130(Rejoice) Drowning Man takes the food and rejuvinates into his original self ishkash----- now ishkash spends a long time on his fave. object PC and does various jobs(Mainly Academics) till midnight, including this one.

0000(Stuck In A Moment) Midnight....is where ishkash's Day Begins. ishkash is now online, his eyes are open he's looking for new boundaires as most of the time he has already stretched the previous ones.he's talking to some of his real good mates including one called tomtom(well not in a conventional manner, but more in the style of Jedi Knights) ishkash never forgets to visit his temple of orientation it starts with Testament U and ends with Philosophy of 2.(when he's in his temple for the first time he feels loved)

Sleep Sleep tonight and may his dreams be realised......In A Little While.

Well that was the Last Night On Earth, Another Beautiful Day.......Untill the End Of The World.

and finally my prayer of the day:

You Set My feet Upon a "Rock"
Made My Footsteps Firm.
"Many" Will See And "Many" Will Hear
As I would Sing
Sing your new Song.
How Long...How Long....Till the stars fall from the sky over "One" Tree Hill.

Ok forgive me.This post of mine was written actaually yesterday,when I didnt know the name of the new album,but I couldnt send it till now,man.

Hey ishkash.Sorry for the delay,there hasnt been a lot happening in my head for the last few days,mainly due to the fact that my discmans batteries have been exhausted and my tape recorder has stopped working,so I havent been able to listen to U2 much,and so my mind has been stagnant.Like I have just lived aimlessly for the past few days,and thinking mostly crap.It happens like that with me.I use U2 to make me think and feel.

Dont you think most of the titles for the new songs(Peace on Earth,Love and Peace,Beautiful Day,Always,etc.) are a bit too simple?

Ok I just downloaded the video for All I Want is You.I had never seen it before that.I think its really beautiful,nobody makes videos like this anymore,why not?I think it would be great to watch something like this all alone at night.It also suits the song perfectly.Videos would be a lot more interesting to watch if they were made like this.But I dont get the ending.If the midget didnt die,who did and why and how did they die?

What is your idea of Discotheque?I think its about how superficial,shallow and materialistic we have become...he sings,'you know you're chewing bubblegum,you know what it is,but you still want some',which implies it is something temporary,that wont last for long,like a relationship based on physical attraction/lust,and you know it,but still you want it.But I still dont get it completely,man.The thing with Pop is that the essence,the meaning of the songs is often lost behind the grooves and bells and catchy music and the Oasis-like words,with lyrics like 'and you take what you can get......but you know theres something more,tonight,tonight,tonight....'.Because the lyrics make no direct sense,but are catchy and easy to listen to,its easy to lose them and just pass them by.I know that with many of their songs,the true meaning is hidden,but the songs in Pop are really really cryptic.Thats why I ignored Pop for most part till recently.Also I feel that the songs in Pop dont have any sense of continuity or flow,unlike say War/UF/Joshua Tree.They are disconnected from each other,so I dont like listening to the album too much in one go.

Check out this site,its awesome,man..

Hey I'm still thinking about the trip for the tour.Only thing,with my college opening in Jan,will I get any summer vacation at all...

Have you listened to A Celebration its a great song.I dont understand why they didnt include it in October.

What if they call the album October2?Hahaha!

Hey man where are ya, I know you like to gather your thoughts, pretty soon Beautiful day will air on both [V] and MTV tentatively anytime by the 9th Sept,Its pretty close man.
All That You Can't Laeve Behind, great title man...what d'ya think can't wait for comments so make it pretty soon.

First of all I ahven't seen All I want is You Video,so from where you've downloaded it,I want it too man.
Secondly I'm also planning very seriously to watch U2 live,but wouldn't it be great that they come to India rather we sorry our asses and take the most adventerous trips of our young lives.Some people say that U2 can longer ignore the emerging Asian music market.Well we shall see, but I'm usually free anytime during May-July,well we shall see.

Hey man I'm going for a part time in Domino's if they open in Lucknow,guess what Lucknow doesn't have Pizza Hut,MaC we suck man! big time it can be boring momo's or just plain sandwiches.

I think for Discotheque you've nailed it,there's nothing more special that I can add, I think U2 made a delibrate mistake.....which is very good.And for POP well yes its very moody, thats what I liked about it,its like a spiritual ride y'kna,very intriguing and somehow in the first half of the album U2 dodn't do justice to music,rather I would say that album was poorly produced(sorry Flood),the best example of this is Last Night On Earth and Do You Feel Loved.Both are opposite cases in former when Guitar should take control the Lyrics are heavy and in latter when Lyrics make way for Guotar,it fades away, thats why the songs sound so much better when played live.I think POP was very good album,it features some of the best U2 song like Gone,Staring At The Sun,Please and Wake Up Dead Man and very close: Mofo(real mans' song)U2 made POP too much a experimental project,reason being tat had too much pressure to make a great "rock" album,a album that would save the rock music,well so much for saving people wanted them to make very good commercially compatible album.I guess POP didn't get what she deserved look at this way Rolling Stone gave it a 4* and most of the critics praised but then it never sold caused teeny weeny music mags said look at them they're a rock band and they're singing Discotheque and talking bout dance music,this band has lost the fight and has surrendered(I feel sorry for them)I think Discotheque and Playboy Mansion were very good sarcasms.I think what really went wrong with POP was
1-everything happened in a messy way, the single came out first before the audience on the net,and that led to speculation bout dance music.
2-Bono said we're making a dense record and press said they're making a Dance record.
3-Initial delay didn't helped the cause either and media hype gradually became over by the time of the actuall release of the album,people in general were fed up with everyday news of U2 and their more than anticipated album.
4-U2 announced POPmart before the release of POP, and media thought this is the most arrogant band on the earth.Infatc when not many people go outdoors for concert launching a world tour of mammoth scale was percieved as overambitious and greedy.
5-Poor opening shows of POPmart.Yes on the first couple of nights U2 were far from the best band in the world,ouch that hurt Staring At The Sun Single.
6-Most important media overcooked a few things.

But with these factors in hand only a band like U2 could have survived,I mean POP still sold 7million copies,POPmart managed itself a place in the Guiness book for the heighest attendance for a single tour.U2 did brilliantly except for a 9 dates in America.

Media was fed up with these super rock Gods and wanted a new shift of power and Spice Girls fitted that equation.You know what there's helluva difference between Spice Girls and Porn movies porn has a better music.So all in all it would have been very difficul for any band to survive those hot times.Which I must say U2 did very well.

Yes I've got A Celebration its really nice and yes should have been on the album I like "I believe in third World War I believe in the Atomic Bomb" The Edge's clashing axe is pretty awsome.
Hey you're mentioning some site in your last post, what is it?and go some new source for mp3s.

Hey I will post my feelings on track list in the mean time you prepare yours.

Hey ishkash.You think Lucknow sucks,Baroda has nothing either!Do you know we hardly get English movies in the theatres here,most are dubbed in Hindi,anyway they are all crappy anyway.Hardly any good places to eat out too.Is Lucknow a cosmopolitan city,like Delhi or Bombay,or is it like a small town,w/respect to people and places.Baroda is slowly becoming more and more cosmo.With places that is good,with people I dont know.You would think that with a more cosmopolitan atmosphere,people would be more open minded,and respect each others diffences,instead its the opposite,with the 'coolness' thing.

Yesterday I was really depressed.I was watching TV.The whole experience made me sick.Our society has become so pop culture.In fact all it is is pop culture.Sony,Zee,Star Plus showing hindi soaps,Star World showing Baywatch,the news channels showing stories of death and killing in the most impersonal and indifferent manner,all they are concerned about is giving us 'accurate' and 'up-to-date' information the fastest they can.All they care about is a good story,so they can get more attention for 5 more minutes,so they make more money.5 other channels showing Hindi songs and movies.The only stations I have some decent respect for are BBC,National Geographic,sports and Cartoon Network.Is this what people like and want?Do they really believe in this?Sometimes I watch a part of a soap just to try to understand why,why,why.I even watched a whole Britney Spears song on MTV,and a video by some girl band.'And you take what you can get,cause its all you can find,but you know theres something more,tonight,tonight,tonight.....'.TV is a reflection of what our society has become.And how can I ignore it?Its staring me in the face.Its important,because its there and people like it.Thats what makes it important.Is this all we are?I felt so lost,and gone.The only thing to do was to listen to the title track of Zooropa.I want to express what I feel about this,but right now I seem to be in some kind of mental block,sorry.Pop culture is rooted into modern Indian society now,like all others.Why is everyone trying to sell something?Its prostitution of soul.How can we live like this.How.Do what everyone else is doing.Fuck others and fuck yourself.I want to go away from here,crawl into some hole where I can escape this.It has affected me so much,I was a horrible person today,fought with my friends,brother,mom.First time in I dont know how long.Like U2 says what else is there to do but 'Watch more TV'.

I want to write more about this,its not a light matter,but words arent coming.

I got the AIWIY video from this little known but awesome U2 site-
www.angelfire.com/wi/theu2experience

It has all their videos,great,awesome.

Also get Where did it all go Wrong from Zoonation.com.We should try to get the Salome Bootlegs somehow.

I meant to give you this site:
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/U2MoL/index.shtml

About the tracklist thing:Well I didnt like Peace on Earth,its just too unimaginative,however good the song may be.Infact all of the titles are somewhat simple,like they are nice little tunes,not something huge.Also what happened to Stir My Soul?
Isnt Wild Honey named after a Beatles song?I like the sound of Kite though.And also Stuck in a Moment You Cant Get Out Of.Notice that like One and WOWY its at no.3.Well we'll just have to wait.

All That You Cant Leave Behind......somewhat less epic than other titles,like The Unforgettable Fire,and The Joshua Tree and Pop,very big.This seems to be more personal,so do the song titles.I think this album will be like Zooropa,dont laugh.In the sense it will be more about feelings.And forgive me for saying this but I dont think it will be a huge hit.And I dont even care.

OK I will write more later.Hey why are you doing BBA?You should be a writer.Spice Girls joke....broke me up!!

Hey Hey We are actually on this site at the same time.Its 1 in the night ha ha ha ......but I need more thougts on the title,I've learnt this from you not to waste words,I'll post tomorrow.....BTW thanks for the site names.

------------------
~ISHKASH~singsingsingsingfeelgood.Happy.

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 08-20-2000).]

No Lucknow is not much of a Cosmopolitan...Its more like a old clerck-culture kinda city,where very one minds his own business,that broadness is still no there....but its progressing slowly.Actually all the good people leave for New Delhi.I'll post about Lucknow soon.

Hey tomtom man don't worry bout the album title and the song title,see all the titles suggest "Advancing towards simplicity"and "Strip down to essence".Ok look at this way With Or Without You: should sound like a pop tune from Mariah Carey, All I want Is You: well almost evry pop star has that song title on its arsenal,One:Bob Marley made that a cliche,So Cruel:rock bands don't write songs like that and what about all the mother refrain titles do any rock bands write songs bout their motheres....no way man,Do You feel Loved,If You Wear That Velvet Dress,Love Is Blindness,Trying to throw your arms around the world,God Part II,Please and on and on.(very mushy)

If you look them and forget U2 they are not the most thrilling song titles very corny actually but when you listen to the songs those becomes really good, so don't worry bout the titles as none will be what type of music they're conveying now. And more Staring At The Sun,Please,Grace(they did song called Amazing Grace in the 80s) are already album titles of some other bands so yes If you like it this way then U2 are not the most creative when it comes to writing song titles but they somehow manage keep things in perspective when you hear the songs.Thats what I love bout them first of all they dictate their own terms and still manage to make good music.Actually like you I used to get upset early when POP was coming out(imagine I didn't had the net that time and my only source was occasional articles in mags and few things here and there) by all this stuff.....If you like this band then as the cliche goes "expect the unexpected".Don't worry boy all will be fine.See you're very skeptical bout Beautiful Day and when you heard that clip I'm sure you've been the most satisfied.So don't worry boy.As for album not doing great commercially well somehow I get that feeling I don't know why.I don't think that it will rule the charts but will surely go down as the finest rock albums of all time.But on the other hand I feel few other things, Its a U2 album,never ever underestimate this band,when they will decide they want to make a album thats commercially compatible no band will be able to make a better one.But by doing so they'll have to compromise which they'll never do.See don't expect this album to dominate like Santana or teeny weeny...this will be one of the biggest album of the year but not in terms of sales.See those teeny guys make album thats very bubblegum and you now what? bubblegum sells.Just look at Red Hot Chili Pepper what they did they made a fine album and it sold 8milliom and is regarded as legitimate smash hit,what the heck POP sold 7million and yet it was a flop.Its all about universal acceptance and respect,On POP most people felt that it wasn't a good effort from U2 so it didn't do well not becasue it sold huge chunks of CD's.
The Other thing look at the music scene in America today bands like REM,Pearl Jam and Bono Jovi are struggling to make it into top10,all except the last one are very fine bands,their last efforts are pretty good too and should have got more, thast why U2 is the bigest band,if POP was such a bad album then I think U2 are now The Beatles of modern day music.
Lastly U2 is not about album sales Joshua Tree did 20 and Achtung Baby did 15,million I'm talking about,I can recall many names whose best albums have sold more,but none of them will get their album featured in the top10 of all time.The only reason people didn't like POP was because the texture of the sound was dominant over the stlye of the sound,U2 in some songs were fading behind techno,which is arguable but then you've to take care of non-fans and semi-fans,they like the band too.I think Bono in an interview on television show said that "if you did't like us you won't like the album much"I dunno why he said so???

As for All That You Can't Leave Behind...I like it,(though not very thrilling) its the part of the "U2 Change" See previous titles were very suggestive about what the album would be like,eg.JT=America,POP=culture, except for the Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby.Look at this in broader perspective,What I mean is All That... can mean Soul,back to your roots,great music,but I think it has a broader sense to it,which you'll only get after listening to the album.The other thing it has only got 11 songs that means the band is pretty sure of what they're doing,it also means that it does not have a weak track and they've made music just not for the heck of it,I mean these are very positive signs of what great things to come,Hey man just 80 or more days for and then it will be Diwali for us.
My perception of the title is That you're going somewhere and there are things that you can't leave behind,in broader sense your soul etc, in narrower sense you U2 CD,Yes it could be this.But this doesn't mean that you're going some place back.Think about it and you'll like it too,just think for some time.Anyways its thousand times better than that Jubilee thing,that would have been a real disaster.

Hey ishkash sorry for the delay,you know I take my time and this week a lot has happened.So what are your thoughts on the 1:20 clip of Beautiful Day,I was blown away by the chorus.When I heard the whole thing I just couldnt hold it back anymore,I screamed and laughed and punched the air with my fist. Is that the Edge,fucking awesome voice he has then.I dont think Bono can sing that high anymore,thats sad cause I think that then even the Edge could do lead vocals.The lyrics in the first verse sound very simple but the ending ones are really heavy,Im still not sure what the song is about.I guess we'll have to wait and see.See one cant expect anything from U2.You cant say that I expect/ed this or that from the new album.Thats why I have nothing to say about the supposed 'poppiness' of the beginning or the simple lyrics,because ones expectations are always based on past experience.Every new U2 album i bought,i was always disappointed the first few times I heard it,because I was looking for something similar to the previous album,and it was totally different.Like with Achtung Baby.With every album after AB,people have said that now theyve lost the plot,that they didnt like it.The basic nature of man is to dislike change.So however the sound or lyrics of the new album will be in terms of the way it is,not quality,I will be disappointed initially,I guarantee that.Then once I look deeper,it will be pure greatness.This is U2.You(not you ishkash,generally you) just cant say that it didnt match my expectations or shit like that.These are the songs,take them or leave them.And if it has that feeling,the one you cant describe,the one that tells you that its U2,however the sound will be,makes no difference.Its another mutation in their evolution,thats all.all that I will look for is the essence.And then I will automatically love the album.Youve just got to trust them.
Thats what Ive realised the past few days.
Only Im worried about the vocals,in Pop they were not spectacular,and the vocals were overshadowed by the music,which made the lyrics go into the background.Thats why many didnt get Pop.I dont care how the new album will be,i just want it now!!!But the wait makes it all the more sweet!It will take months to digest it!

BTW tell me what time are you logged on,we can chat in the chatroom man.I notice you are never there.

About the titles you definitely opened my eyes.You are absolutely right.Only U2 could make cheesy sounding titles like All I Want is You,One,Please,Gone,Desire,etc.into awesome songs.They give a whole new meaning to the titles,infact you never even think of the title as cheesy.Come to think of it I never realised how cheesy All I Want is You sounds as a title,but we all know how the song turned out,haha.
biggrin.gif
But a really unique title would be good to attract attention,and make everybody interested.

Just hope the songs on the new album are not overproduced(too smooth).

Hahaha!Funny joke!!

Ill tell you a couple:
1.By sulawesigirl
tongue.gif
op rocks.

2.Why did U2 call their last album Pop?
Cause now they are the first artists to be post-pop!

Quite late at night,I will write more later but reply fast fast fast.

I seem like an idiot,all paranoid about the new album and all.I need to have more faith in U2,and completely stop expecting anything from them.I should just let them be.And I will definitely enjoy it more if I listen wirthout any sort of expectations.But then in the end it makes no difference.After all,this is U2 here we are talking about!!

Hey good to see ya posting,Its one in the night and I'm looking for the full version like a crazy I screened 8 sites and once got 48% of it but the server didn't supported resume *angry* but guess I have found a descent server and I'm doenloading it.I thought I would never do this but it was killing me man.So I'm downloading it as I write oh its already 50% done,and I'll be with my thoughts tomorrow oh I mean today by, no no you call and I'll come I'll check by 10pm tomorrow I hope that siuts ya,anyways man this excitment is killing me,doncha worry we are going to have one hecka winter!

Hey get on chat now if you are on!!Its 1:30 Am now,I am on till about 2.

Sorry I read your previous post only some time ago.Spent the whole day at my moms office today,came home at 6.I saw you had replied today,but couldnt read your post because till 11 or so,connection sucks salty balls,its impossible to download 28 post-topic.So I read it now only.

Yeah I downloaded the BD song yesterday.I was as frustrated as you.Yesterday(Sunday) morning I checked youtwo.net,they said it had played on radio.I had gotten Napster only a few days ago,was carefull to check for fakes cause I knew the actual length,but the connection was too slow,and it was giving me transfer errors in all.I felt like breaking something.I checked Interference and some sites,u2experience and globalu2 had it but didnt support resume!!Oh God.So I waited till 8 in the night,and then remebered to check zoonation,I had forgotten before.they had it,it supproted resume!Waited a whole hour with my kid brother,I have really gotten him interested in them in the last few weeks with my feverish excitement,he is the only one who seems to understand 0.001% of what it means to me.9:50,I got it.And listened.By now,I have listened to it about 20-25 times.I just wrote a really long post on it,I wont write about it now,you tell me first.All I will say is that I agree with your commenrts in the forum that it grows on you.Log on to chat now!

tomtom

Hahaha!You too got it from zoonation!!!
Yes I love extended dance mix of LWTSH!Great isnt it how we think alike.

Back
Top Bottom