If You Are Going to see Bono & Edge in LA 10-26-08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
If anyone wants to meet up for this please post here :wave:

I will be there with BonoFox1. So far we have no plans.

What is this all about? Details, woman! :D

Love Comes To Town

Edge and Bono are set to honour BB King and Paul Allen of Microsoft at the Thelonius Monk Institute of Jazz in Los Angeles next weekend.

B.B. King, a friend of the band since The Love Town tour of the 1980s, will receive the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Founders Award while Microsoft Co-Founder Paul G. Allen, another good friend, will be presented with the 2008 Herbie Hancock Humanitarian Award.

It all takes place at the Kodak Theatre in LA next Sunday, October 26th.

The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz, a nonprofit jazz education organization, was founded in memory of the legendary jazz pianist Thelonious Sphere Monk. 'The Institute fosters the next generation of jazz greats by offering the world's most promising young musicians college level training by internationally recognized jazz masters, educating young people around the world about jazz through innovative public-school initiatives, and presenting a wide range of programs that help expand and perpetuate America's indigenous musical art form.'

"Thelonious Monk Institute International Jazz Saxophone Competition & The Blues and Jazz Gala
A special benefit Gala, The Blues and Jazz: Two American Classics to honor blues legend B.B. King and to support public school music education in Los Angeles, New Orleans and the Mississippi Delta.

Featuring:

B.B. King

Herbie Hancock

Bono

Terence Blanchard

Dee Dee Bridgewater

Terri Lyne Carrington

Robert Cray

George Duke

The Edge

Jimmy Heath

Keb' Mo'

John Patitucci

Lee Ritenour

Poncho Sanchez

Wayne Shorter

Cassandra Wilson

Hosted by:

Kelsey Grammer

Quincy Jones

Billy Dee Williams

Thelonious Monk Jr.

Don Cheadle

The concert is being presented by the Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz in association with The Recording Academy Los Angles Chapter. The Gala is in conjunction with the Thelonious Monk International Jazz Saxophone Competition.

*Artists subject to change

Sunday, October 26 at 5 PM

$1002.50 - Orchestra

(includes post show reception passes at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel)

$252.50 - Parterre Front

*VIP Ticket Levels listed above can be obtain by calling (202) 364-7272

$77.50/$52.50/$37.50"

I don't have the tickets on me now, but they are of the cheapest variety and third row.

that's fine.

Well, I am waiting to see if the ladies are setting up a meeting point before going in?
Or I could just meet you outside the entrance of the kodak theater?

so no one has posted anything about a meet-up in this thread or the other one. How about we meet in front of the theater on Saturday afternoon, scope the place out to see where they would come in, and then get something to eat?

Kodak

Hey Guys,

Someone managed to record them singing when love comes to town last night! its on Youtube and I have it on my myspace page. It was a memorable experience we all should see again and again and again!:applaud:

myspace.com/dgluvsu2

Interferencers at the Bono/Edge/BBKing show, Hollywood 10-26-2008

Lovetownagain10-26-08RRU2RomiBF1-1.jpg

RedRocksU2, Romi, BonoFox1, dgluvsu2, bonocomet

Lovetownagain10-26-08bcometRRU2BF1D.jpg

bonocomet, RedRocksU2, BonoFox1, dgluvsu2, and Ash (soon to be an Interferencer :hmm: )

aww thanks :hug:

we did have fun! And it was recorded for TV so can't wait for that!

(saw the you tube too! thanks dg :) )

Hey Guys,

Someone managed to record them singing when love comes to town last night! its on Youtube and I have it on my myspace page. It was a memorable experience we all should see again and again and again!:applaud:

myspace.com/dgluvsu2

It was great seeing you again!

Back
Top Bottom