Houston Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaRobRios, please pm me if you're interested in getting together the day of the Houston concert and help some other U2 fans do something to show our love and respect for U2.

I couldn't pm you, but you can pm me. :wink:

Hope to hear from you.

Will do, darobrios.:yes:

Marietta, would love to hear from you too.

I'm going to be spending the night at my in-laws on Thursday night and have the ENTIRE day free on Friday so I would love to get together with other interferencers! I've never met anyone from here. I'm probably older than everyone though - 41. Ugh! I'm up for having a tad bit of fun though!

You know, I can not believe my age anyway! Besides, I have the ability to act 20 at a moments notice, especially when it involves U2!

I know the feeling! I'm 48, feel about 30 so I can't complain, ESPECIALLY when it comes to U2. And altho I've been a fan for over 20 years now, Vertigo is my first tour! I'm divorced, my kid's in college, so it is now MY turn to get out and have fun and I AM! :wink: We only live once!

Carek1230 said:
I know the feeling! I'm 48, feel about 30 so I can't complain, ESPECIALLY when it comes to U2. And altho I've been a fan for over 20 years now, Vertigo is my first tour! I'm divorced, my kid's in college, so it is now MY turn to get out and have fun and I AM! :wink: We only live once!

The irrepressible Mr. BAW was born in 1951 so neither of you two are the oldest, 54 here.

Check ur coat at the door Vlasak; a kiss on the cheek to Carek...:kiss:

:der: but I won't be going to Houston, so V, take charge!

It good to see others replied to my thread. We (group of 4) will definitely be there at the Toyota Center the night before the concert in Houston, so, needless to say, we will be there during the day of the concert, so... Vlasek, meet us there... and Carek, will you be going to the Houston show? and Mr. Baw, too bad you wont be able to make it. And as far as the age thing goes, I'm 34, I'm not sure what that is suppose to mean, I suppose it means nothing... no, I AM sure of it!
Take Care,
Rob

Also, I'm a 41 year old WOMAN - OH Boy - surely that doesn't matter though. What will we do at the Toyota Center the eve of one of the best experiences of our lives? For Elevation, I brought my two kids (at the time, 8 and 11) My 8 year old fell asleep! This time, I refused to bring ANYONE! It's all for meeeeee!!!

I'll be there.......I've got GA tickets......I'm still trying to figure out what time I should go there to wait in line

Xavier

Apparently, venues in other cities have not been enforcing the "no line up before 9am" rule, so I might show up around midnight with three other people, I'll know more as we get closer to the night of the concert. As far as plans for the evening on the eve of the concert? well, we plan as doing as much as the security guards will let us, for Elevation in Dallas, it seemed the security guards where there more for us than than the venue, they couldnt have been cooler, it was a party-like atmosphere, we hung out, drank beer, listened to music etc... so hopefully we'll be allowed to do the same. To be honest, I just hope they'll allow us to line-up as early as we want.
Rob

Cool, nice to know that there's other people out there who have no problem being there THAT early. I might just do the same. Someone should email the venue now just to get some rules in writing...

Xavier

vlasak said:
Also, I'm a 41 year old WOMAN - OH Boy - surely that doesn't matter though. What will we do at the Toyota Center the eve of one of the best experiences of our lives? For Elevation, I brought my two kids (at the time, 8 and 11) My 8 year old fell asleep! This time, I refused to bring ANYONE! It's all for meeeeee!!!

Well I'm 36 and would love to join all of you in Houston!!!! My friend and I are going to the show, I don't know if she has that whole day off from work or not. I will be free the whole day on Friday though, :D

I'm flying in from Maryland on Thursday to see U2 back in my hometown. I haven't missed a show there since my first U2 concert, The Joshua Tree back in 1987.

Anyway, I can't wait to meet all of you and I'm looking forward to ME time just like you, vlasak. Not even staying at my parents house, getting a hotel room. I will have to meet up with my parents and do dinner with them on Saturday though. Wish I could stay for the Houston Texans football game but I do have to get home and back to reality and I am going to see them play the Baltimore Ravens on Dec. 4. :wink: !!! (sorry diehard fan here)

I don't have GA tickets, I have actual seats, but I would love to come and join in on the fun with everyone for the day.

Michelle, I was at that concert in 1987 as well, what was then the Summit, will never forget it.

btw - It would be good to know what doors at the Toyota Center will be the main entrance for the concert so we can begin to line up at that location. Does anyone have an idea of where this entrance will be??
Rob

Ah yes the good old Summit, now know as the Compaq Center. I think it still is??? I don't know. :shrug:
I'll never forget that show either. I remember Lone Justice opened up for them. My then boyfriend and I camped out over night in a parkingl lot across the street from the Astrodome to get tickets the next day when they went on sale. We were one of the first in line and got some great floor seats for that one. I still have my ticket stub from that show.
I wanted to go to the Unforgettable Fire show back in 1984 (I think) but my parents said no because it was on a school night. :madspit:

I haven't been back in the downtown area of Houston since we moved from there 2001 to here in Maryland. There use to be Slainte Irish Pub on Main street in downtown. They use to have a good beer list there. I don't know if it is still there or not.

So I'm actually kind of nervous.........I know that the stats so far have indicated that 1 out of 4 GA get into the Ellipse. Does that mean that if I"m number 2 in line I'm screwed??

Xavier

Back
Top Bottom