Houston Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, i'm so glad i didn't wait on getting a room....with the WS, we would have been screwed!

more info from misty at the toyota center...i wrote her back to see if there are any restrictions on lining up, and her response was "No restrictions. You can line up whenever you want."

i need some "expert opinions": does anyone think that if we got there right after or around lunchtime on friday that we'd be getting there too late? my husband could really care less about standing around all day, but i'm not sacrificing my chance to possibly get in the ellipse, either. since it's random selection, i don't know if i'm taking much of a chance or not.

I think you'll be in good shape if you get there not later than 8am, otherwise, it will be the differrence of having a bad view or a VERY bad view. BTW, we're thinking of getting together after the concert at Slainte Irish Pub, which is within a mile from the Toyota Center. Here's the address to their website:
http://www.slainteirishpub.com/index.html
We havent confirmed yet... but will keep you posted.
Anyone interested in going???
Robert

I'm interested as well Robert. I'm sure my friend will come too. So add 2 to the list. I haven't been to that place in years.
I fly out tomorrow morning!
Can you say E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!!!
:hyper: :dancing: :rockon:

hey guys. what is the earliest any of you are looking at lining up?

also i work at a hotel downtown just 10 blocks or so from toyota center and we have some rooms for thurs and fri so let me know and i will get you a deal.

see you out there.
rich

my husband will kill me if i make him line up at 8, so i'm hoping for an early lunch, and lining up immediately after....robert, i took your advice to heart, but i've gotta live with him, not U2!

jgreen,
I understand. When me and my wife first met, she wasnt familiar with U2, but after six years of "programming" her toward U2ism, shes a huge fan. She couldnt make it to Elevation with me cuz she was finishing up college... so, basically, she has been waiting four years for this concert. This will be her first.
Robert

ps: she's looking forward to linning up very early at the TC, I told her its an experience in itself.

to rich112580 > hotel near toyota center

hey rich - my friends and i are still looking for a place, what's the hotel and what's the cost for friday nite?

thanks in advance!

-=lata=-

jgreen said:
Does anyone know of anything going on tomorrow night? We're flying in tomorrow afternoon as well....
Well I'm planning on going to the Market Square in downtown to watch the Houston Astros play. That is, if they go to a game 5 in the World Series. Right now it's not looking so good. They are blocking off a couple of blocks of downtown and showing the game on big screens. I heard through my parents that they are going to use the sides of buildings as a screen, don't know if that is true. Anyway downtown is filled with lots of good restaurants and clubs and if the World Series is still going on it should be a very busy and active place. Anywhere near Minute Maid Park is going to be crowded. They have a nice movie theater there that shows some independant movies, lots of restaurants there. I do believe The Hard Rock Cafe is still there. Which ever hotel you are staying at ask them what there is to do and see.

Hope this helps a little. I haven't been there in a few years so I'm sure a lot has changed since I lived there.

I'd love to come to the after-concert party, too! Are y'all going to gather at the Toyota Center and go over together or just meet there?

Also, since this is my first U2 concert, I'm unsure of how everything works. I have a reserved seat -- do people usually show up early for that line, too?

Do y'all have any speculation on when the lads might show up for their sound check? :lol:

Julie

Big news!!!!! U2 Pre and Post party at Brian O Neils/Rice Village Area (off of Morningside Drive).. Tribute Band "Electrical Storm" is performing from 4 - 7 before the concert.... See you their...:dancing:

Last edited:
THE CONCERT BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!
I just want to say thanks to everyone who made the line-up go smoothly outside the Toyota Center on Thursday/Friday. We were moved around several times, but everyones cooperation made the difference. My wife and I were numbers 1 and 2 and luckinly were able to be front off centered to the stage!!!
Take care and see you again in H-Town in about 4 years.
Robert

Let's all fall to our knees and pray it's not another 4 years!!!
Maybe next time they can squeeze in another show, or 6, for Texas and let Boston, NYC, LA, etc.....get by with only 8 or 10 shows each.

Back
Top Bottom