Hey, you Atlanta/North Georgia folk...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, I'm game! My friend will be driving up from the armpit of a city they call Macon, so I'm not sure what time he'll be getting into town yet. I'll be chatting with him about it either this or next weekend. Give me the wheres and whens and I'll try to get there relatively on time :wink:

This sounds like fun:

[q]99x's Unplugged in the Park
Body: Hosted By:
99x

When:
Sunday Aug 28, 2005
at 6:30 PM

Where:
Piedmont Park/Park Tavern
500 10th St, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
US

Free show at Piedmont Park in Atlanta! ALL AGES can come, but please read the note below if you're under 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun, Aug 28. I will be on the stage playing at 7:00 sharp and will play an hour long set. This is a free show at Piedmont Park's Park Tavern. You have to be 21 to get into the bar, BUT since the show is on the patio, anyone of any age can still see the show - if you're under 21 you simply can't go inside. But I'm playing outside anyway, so it doesn't really matter. So, if you're under 21, I suggest you bring a picnic and a blanket and come to the show! You can still see the stage and hear the music just as well. I have personally done this before and enjoyed a show there and I also spoke to people at Park Tavern to ask and it's all cool to do that....

I'm looking forward to this show for several reasons:
1 - This will be the cd release show for my brand new 10 song cd called "Life From Generation XS".
2 - It will be an acoustic show with a full band - including a cellist and violinist. My new cd is full of live orchestration and this will be my first show playing with live strings!
3 - It's outside - I love outisde shows.
4 - It's set up by 99x, the radio station I listen to all the time, so it would help so much to have all of you nice people there to show them that you exist and like my music!;-)
Here's what it says on 99x's website: Sunday Evenings at 7pm Hosted by Matt "Organic" Jones of 99x's Organic X show on Park Tavern's patio overlooking beautiful Piedmont Park. So....This will be a fun and special show and I really hope to see you and your friends there![/q]

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
*sends all snow up north for good* :wink:

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU

well, no. I like it when people down south get snow, and then cry about it. It makes me chuckle a little

Especially, when sports teams get snow and don't know what to do. (*ahem collegefootballahem*)

You know what the best thing about wearing layers of clothing?

Enjoying taking them off of a very attractive young lady :yes:

ANd then figuring out someway to keep warm :yes:

Like..............
................:sexywink:

.... um........ baking chocolate chip cookies in a nice warm oven :yes:

Mmm.......... :love: :tongue: :love:

So I can't decide about this.

David Gray at the Tabernacle on Sun. Nov. 6...public onsale tomorrow morning.

I wanted to see him back in 98-2000ish but it didn't work out. Tickets were like 15 bucks then; now they are 45-50 :mad:

Last edited:
Cool...I remember hearing one song by the Doves, Snowden I think it was called...is that the right band? Anyway, I remember liking the song but never got anything else from them. Thanks for the link!

That CD shop's pretty far away from where I live, I wish there were more around here. :sigh: Thanks for finding it though, maybe I can get my mom to drag me out there one day. :evil:

Is there a Wherehouse Music at Northpoint or any of the other malls in Gwinnett? They have a used cd section in their store here in Kennesaw. You could try there, VertigoGal.

Just a suggestion:
A good used CD store sorta/kinda in that area is Murmurs in Norcross.

Murmur Music Gallery 5450 Peachtree Parkway Norcross GA 30092 770-840-1955

U2dork said:
Is that what the huge thing is that they're building in Beechwood by the theatre?

I drove past this today and they've put a sign up. It's going to be a Home Goods store. They need to stop building things in Athens that might tempt me to spend money I don't have.:mad:

I am going to be on the radio tomorrow morning! Talking about winning the U2 contest a few months back.

92.9 davefm....between 7 and 8 am

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom