Hey, you Atlanta/North Georgia folk...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Firstly, I've not read any reports of sightings so maybe the article was wrong or maybe there was some sort of recorded or satellite hook-up presentation at the conference. Or maybe it was a low key thing where he was here for a day. :shrug:

Secondly, I think I'll be attending Music Midtown this year. I haven't been since they had it where the federal reserve building is now. Should be an adventure. Hope I don't dehydrate.

Thirdly, Athfest is June 23-26 if any Atlanta people want to treck up here. I highly recommend taking the Athens Musical History tour, if they're doing it again this year :up:. I was a little freaked out when the tour ended in the tour guide's house (B-52's first gig was played there), but they take you to all of the landmarks in Athens that you've always heard about but didn't know how to find. Good stuff.
Here's a list of bands playing that weekend:
http://www.athfest.com/festival/music/bands.htm

Alright people. Iris' thread made me think: what the hell happened to the ATL thread?

I am back now and will be around more so I will at least try to keep it going :love:

How is everyone? :wink:

Thanks for asking! It was amazing :love: :love: :love: x 1000000000000

I am still sad to be back. :|

But counting down the days to November!!! Bono and the boys in the ATL :drool: :hyper:

Yes I ate a lot of dulce de leche there. Now I am trying to lose all of it :| :sexywink:

It is alive!

:wave:
Welcome back to the states, Lauren.
Are you coming back to Athens?
Maybe all of the construction will be finished by the end of August.:mad:

Come Iris!!! We can have a get together. I have been thinking that U2dork and I should meet; it is lame that we haven't yet. Thanks for the welcome back! :hug:

Yes, I am coming to Athens very soon. I have my new place and am probably moving in at the end of next week.

I realize now that I still don't know my way around very well... :reject:

You just want some more 23 year old guys!!!!! I know how your mind works :evil:

Honestly Iris, isn't one enough for now? :shame:

:sexywink:

:hyper:
an interference meet up in Athens?!
:hyper:

I realized this week after 3 people asked me for directions to various places in downtown Athens that I have no idea what most of the street names are in this town and I've lived here off and on for 7 years. :huh:

But at least you can get around....I couldn't figure out how to get to campus from one of the various Barnett Shoals. I also have only been on the loop 2x.

Damn Barnett Shoals; it is the most confusing road ever. Why don't they just give the roads different names :crazy:

Two things I've learned while I've been here...

1.) nothing makes sense here and it's pointless and maddening to ask why.
2.) taking the loop actually takes longer for some reason. I know it's supposed to be a time saver, but it's not.

Oh, and the reason they didn't give Barnett Shoals a different name is because they gave all of the extra street names to Broad Street, aka Atlanta Highway, aka Oak Street, aka Lexington Highway. :huh:

:hmm: taking notes

Hopefully I will learn my way around now that I am moving to the eastside and driving further. I have only been on this side of town probably 3x.

I lived off of Cedar Shoals for a while in the late 90's, down the street from the high school. I think things have changed quite a bit since then. When I moved back, the cheapest place I could find was in the westside. I've never really been fond of this side of town but they just put a drive thru Jittery Joes in at Alps (across from the Beechwood Cinemas) so things are really looking up!:drool:

I had hoped I would live on the westside; I wanted to join the new Bodyplex on Alps :drool: but it didn't work out.

It just started pouring down rain here. Blah.

Is that what the huge thing is that they're building in Beechwood by the theatre?

I have an Uncle who lives in Georgia, Atlanta I think.

He's...... a very delicate person. Dosn't like the snow from the NE......

yes there is very rarely snow here For Honor.

U2dork, yes it is in there right next to the movie theater.

Last edited:
Well, all I have to say, is that I like snow a lot.

ANd that will never change :grumpy:
I don't care if everyone moves down south. I have nothing against them, I'm sure it's very nice. But snow and I, we have a special thing together. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom