Going to Los Angeles in a few weeks! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:57 AM
well, first off, stay outta Compton, LOL.

I was born & raised in L.A., but moved about an hour north about 13 years ago. Too crowded and congested. But trying to remember the touristy things to do. You may want to go to Grauman's Chinese Theater on Hollywood Blvd. See all the stars hand & footprints, and the Kodak Theater is right next door. But I haven't been for a while nor do I know what it's like at night. I don't know about Universal Citywalk either. Lots of restaurants and shops there - can be kinda expensive. I think the parking alone was $8.00 when I was there in November. It's fun for me on occasion because there's absolutely nothing to do out where I live, LOL. There's a good restaurant by the Santa Monica Airport called 'Typhoon'. I know there's a website for it someone (do a search on Google). If you plan it right, you can watch the small/private planes land & take off while you watch the sunset. Asian food. You mentioned the Embarcadero - for some reason I think that's downtown. I don't know the happenin' spots down there, sorry. Some parts of downtown you DON'T want to be in at night... And we have no mass transportation - poor foresight by city planners/politicians (and maybe they were too cheap). If they just had a Monorail like at Disneyland... Hollywood Bowl & parking Try and get there early, pack a meal / picnic (it's a popular thing to do there). Expect the worst from parking and/or take one of the shuttles and go with the flow.

The Getty is probably cool - never been though. The King Tut exhibit opens tomorrow in Los Angeles thru til November. Don't know what kind of luck you would have getting tickets for the dates you are here. You can check Ticketmaster for that if you are interested.

You didn't mention where you were staying, ie, downtown, westside, etc., so it's hard to direct you.

And Vegas, gee I wish I could go - it's been a while. We've stayed at the Mirage a couple of times. I was happy with it. Won a nickel jackpot there too ($200!). I enjoyed their buffet. I've heard good things about the buffet at the Rio, but never made it there... There's always the rollercoaster at NYNY (never been on it either).

Stick with the slinky black dress and lingerie - can't go wrong there (for you & hubby that is!)

Old 06-16-2005, 12:27 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Hope you have fun when you guys arrive here.....
Here's my $.02....

*LA food, in no specific order ...In-n-Out burger, PF Chang's, Roscoe's chicken and waffles, Yamashiro's for japanese food.
*Old town Pasadena
*Hollywood walk of fame..so that you can say that you did it...don't expect much thought...
*Las Vegas......
*Best buffett....Paris, it used to be Rio, but the quality went down.
*Best pool....either Hard Rock or Mandalay Bay...actually it more like a beach there...
*Best place to party............drum roll please.................Palms, period.
(IF you were single, then I would recommend the Beach club, next to Ceasar's Palace....... )
Good times!
Be safe!

Old 06-17-2005, 10:46 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Have fun in LA! I was born and raised there and it's funy reading this from FL!! Seems nothing has changed-except More crowded than ever and I don't miss the smog! And, I think you'll love Santa monica&hollywood! Adn Mirage seems a good choice!! have a good trip!
Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 05:57 PM
PS: Don't forget your camara!!
Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

.....Oh, I almost forgot........you are going to enjoy the earthquakes!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #21
Acrobat

HI there. I live in la and was born and raised here. I live near the Burbank Airport. If you are interested in catching up here is my email ultraswt67@aol.com I will be in town for the 4th.