Get yo' FREAK on....Mrs. Edge is coming to Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Yes it's TRUE! The one and only Mrs. Edge is coming to the DFW area in early October so this is an invite for all of the Dallas area Interferencers to get together to show her how we do it here in Texas! :hyper:

Jess is traveling for her job, but is free on Saturday, Oct. 13. Since Jess is unfamiliar with the area, and is staying at the Gaylord Texan, that is probably the best place for us to meet up. However, other suggestions are welcome.

Unfortunately, she'll be here a week too late for this show at the Glass Cactus:
http://www.glasscactusnightclub.com/events.asp?id=501

But we're lucky enough that Le Freak (the world's greatest disco band!) will be performing on 10/13:
http://www.glasscactusnightclub.com/events.asp?id=503

So get out your afro wig, your platform shoes and your bedazzled bell bottoms and get down, get down tonight baybay!

PLEASE POST HERE to discuss stuff like: time to meet, exactly where to meet, carpool or "convoy" options, etc.

The more the merrier, so hope to see everyone there, so we can give Mrs. Edge a warm Texas welcome! :D Spread the word!

120px-Dancing_Banana.gif

It looks like I don't have anything happening on the 14th either....my first donor meeting is the 10th, then there's the conference, and I have another meeting on the 15th.

I can't decide if I should stay at the Gaylord or if I should find a hotel in Azle!! But I'd need to find something to do over there....what does one do in Azle???

:scratch:

Mrs. Edge said:
It looks like I don't have anything happening on the 14th either....my first donor meeting is the 10th, then there's the conference, and I have another meeting on the 15th.

I can't decide if I should stay at the Gaylord or if I should find a hotel in Azle!! But I'd need to find something to do over there....what does one do in Azle???

:scratch:

Holy crap! Are you kidding?

I suggest if you have to be at the Gaylord, stay at the Gaylord. Azle is way out of the way. And I wouldn't mess with any commute just to save a buck. Trust me when I say that you'll want to save your sanity.

And too Azle is at least 30 miles west from the Gaylord in Grapevine. There's really no direct route. And in between is the Texas Motor Speedway. Luckily they won't be racing that weekend...I just checked. Plus too Disco here lives about 30 miles east of the Gaylord. So if you're planning on meeting, that might be a pain.

The only good thing in Azle is Eagle Mountain Lake. It's one of the most beautiful lakes in Texas. Other than that, if you're not into fishing and camping, I highly recommend something a lot closer.

Plus too, the State Fair of Texas is right near downtown Dallas. Then from Azle, that'll be at least an hour drive...or more.

Go to Google maps and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you need any help or suggestions, just let me know.

:wink:

Thanks, Allegra! I think the Gaylord ( :giggle: ) is probably the most central choice for all the things I will need to do, and I can rent a car from there as well.

I think I'll just add a few days there to my schedule.

I'm sorry I won't be meeting you when I'm there!

Mrs. Edge said:
Thanks, Allegra! I think the Gaylord ( :giggle: ) is probably the most central choice for all the things I will need to do, and I can rent a car from there as well.

I think I'll just add a few days there to my schedule.

I'm sorry I won't be meeting you when I'm there!

Well, I'll only be out of town from the morning of the 13th through the morning of the 15th. I can meet you before or after that if you've added on a few days. We can meet for dinner or something.

Allegra said:

Let's plan on Friday night of the 12th since Lizzie doesn't work on Friday's.

What kind of Texas food do you want? A big steak or Tex-Mex? Or do you want something else?

well i'm not sure which night i'll be available as my parents will also be in town helping with wedding stuff that weekend.
but i can break away for a couple hours for dinner somewhere.
what about trinity hall? :wink:
irish pub :drool:
they might leave town sometime on saturday so saturday night might be better.
but i'll know more as we get closer to that time.
this sucks cuz it's the only time they can come up and help get my clothes and stuff too to help get some of my stuff over to the netherlands in november.

ABEL said:

well i'm not sure which night i'll be available as my parents will also be in town helping with wedding stuff that weekend.
but i can break away for a couple hours for dinner somewhere.
what about trinity hall? :wink:
irish pub :drool:
they might leave town sometime on saturday so saturday night might be better.
but i'll know more as we get closer to that time.
this sucks cuz it's the only time they can come up and help get my clothes and stuff too to help get some of my stuff over to the netherlands in november.

Now don't make our out-of-town guest go to a certain favorite restaurant.

She needs to be Texafied!

There are plenty Irish pubs everywhere. So hush!

:shame:

Well, shoot. Now I want to move the dinner to Thursday night. If that's OK.

Why you ask?

Well, I just got a message that on Friday night a few old high school friends who I haven't seen in 10+ years wants to meet me at the Homecoming game.

I am so torn up. Why does this happen? I have weekends that go by and I do nothing, but everybody wants to do something on the same weekend.

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

:crazy:

So, is Thursday night a possiblity?

Where's Disco? She starts a thread, but doesn't get involved in the discussion.

WTF?

I know her cats can't be keeping her that busy!

I am totally free Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I will do what works best for everyone, or I can easily visit with individual people. It's all good! :yes:

BTW, I booked myself into the Gaylord for the rest of that week, so that's where I'll be.

So, let us get this straight, you're saying the Gaylord will have Mrs Edge from Thursday thru Sunday?
:hmm:

Hey Allegra....maybe I should take Jess to THE shopping mecca of all women in the DFW area...Sam Moon???? :hyper: :up:

Now that's how to pass a good 2-3 hours, heh.

And yes, Diamond....they'll have her for a looooooong weekend. :giggle:

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:
I am totally free Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I will do what works best for everyone, or I can easily visit with individual people. It's all good! :yes:

BTW, I booked myself into the Gaylord for the rest of that week, so that's where I'll be.

We might have to do that!

I'm pretty sure if Lizzie works hard at it, she can get out early Thursday night.

There are ways!

And you'll love the Gaylord. Don't forget to go to the Glass Cactus one night. It's a very high falutin bar. It's for those high rolling Texans...very interesting place.

Back
Top Bottom