Gathering in Miami March 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikefly

The Fly
Hello,
I live in Florida & was wondering if anyone plans on going to the opening gig & would like to meet up before the show that day?

please let me / us know & Cant wait to see the Boys in 05.
Regards
MIKE

Count me in bro. Doesn't look like anything special is happening up here in Central Fla, so we'll just have to hit the road. . .

If the boys don't include North Carolina in the first leg of this tour, then I might be forced to head to FL!! I can't wait 'til March...

I know that my U2 concert going pal and I are going to do our utmost to be down there for March 1...and we'd love to try and arrange something pre/post show..

We tried something similar when we came down for the final Elevation show but noone took us up on it...but we had a great time all the same! :)

:wave: @ my FAVORITE part of the US!!! :D :D

I have always been jealous of my friends who always go to the opening show, and this time it's MY TURN!!! I am going to be there (presuming I can get tickets), and would love to meet up! I've never been to Florida before...

Mrs. Edge said:
I have always been jealous of my friends who always go to the opening show, and this time it's MY TURN!!! I am going to be there (presuming I can get tickets), and would love to meet up! I've never been to Florida before...

:) Same here...

I might go down there and see them, is the concert on the first of March?

I live in Orlando, do any of you know if U2 ever does a gig around here?

I live in Orlando, do any of you know if U2 ever does a gig around here?
As far as I know, U2 have never played Orlando. I grew up in Orlando and they never came there when I lived there. But they usually play Tampa. I've seen them 3 times, all in Tampa. I saw them on the Unforgettable Fire Tour, the Joshua Tree Tour, and the Elevation Tour.

I live in the Tallahassee area and plan on going to Miami and Tampa, if those indeed are the cities. This is getting toooo exciting.

kaguf said:

As far as I know, U2 have never played Orlando. I grew up in Orlando and they never came there when I lived there. But they usually play Tampa. I've seen them 3 times, all in Tampa. I saw them on the Unforgettable Fire Tour, the Joshua Tree Tour, and the Elevation Tour.

U2 actually played at the Jai Alai Fronton at SR 17-92/SR 436 on the WAR Tour in '83. As far as I know, that's the only Orlando date they've ever played. I was still living in DC, then, was too young, and wasn't really a fan, yet. But, I pass that thing on my way home from work almost every day and think about them playing there. It's a really strange venue, even for the early days. I guess you play wherever they'll let you.

Last edited:
I'll be staying in South Beach and would love to meet up with anyone who might be partying after the show that night in Miami.

I'll also be at the Tampa show as well.

Back
Top Bottom