FINALLY!! Added U23D in San Diego !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
I'll be at the 9:15 show tonight, bringing a small group of newly converted teen u2 fans :D

HEY! I was there!! I was looking up to see if there were any more meetups. I was down in the wheelchair section, up close. I actually saw it twice in a row, going to the 11:30 showing, too!! I'm rearing to go see it again. So if anyone else is, it would be fun to meet up with some San Diego fans :)

I saw you! You were waring that Vertigo Tour Shirt, right?!
:)

:up:

C, it was great to see you and the girls there, they are so much fun. :)
Looking forward to the next one? #10?

:lol:

Heartdog said:

HEY! I was there!! I was looking up to see if there were any more meetups. I was down in the wheelchair section, up close. I actually saw it twice in a row, going to the 11:30 showing, too!! I'm rearing to go see it again. So if anyone else is, it would be fun to meet up with some San Diego fans :)

Yes! Was that you that we saw then? Were you in Starbucks at the book store too?

I'm up for going again :shifty: when are you going?

C :)

I wish I was closer :sad:

So which one of you wants to adopt me?
cuteness.gif
I'm already grown, so I'm very little trouble at all :angel:

I've always wanted a little sis :cute:

And I like giving massages and I like cats :wink:

:hmm:

You can have joint custody of me.. :flirt:

OK so I took my son to see U23D tonite. The theatre was packed actually the whole Cineplex and parking lot was insane with Hannah Montana people (ugh). Anyway my son LOVED the show, says he enjoyed it more than he even imagined he would and he was really looking forward to it. The girl next to him asked him a couple things and he felt like a real true U2 fan cuz he was able to answer all her questions! He says the show moved him in ways that he can't really explain, but he understands what everyone says about U2 shows now. We went to dinner afterwards at our favorite Greek Corner place where we used to live and had a really cool talk. He even shut off his cell phone! It wouldn't surprise me if I were to hear from him later that he rounded up friends to go see the 11:30 showing! He can't wait for U2's next tour, he will for sure go and he could kick himself cuz I offered to get him tickets a couple times even Hawaii. What a good son! It really was fun to bond with him over this, it was a great evening and I am so happy to have shared this with him!

Thanks, I know! I cannot wait. It was so cool to have been the one to introduce him to U2 but quite another for him to have been so moved to want to do the same with his friends. Good times indeed.

My kids thought they were going to go check it out with me once and be done with it.... they are now the ones that keep asking me to go back and see it again and again. :D

I think I am done seeing it, but will purchase it when it becomes available on dvd. Add it to the collection. I am happy my son finally saw it and enjoyed it so much and even more pleased he'd see U23D with his friends but even more can't wait for U2 to tour again. Seeing them live is the REAL prize. I could not have been more giddy when out of my son's mouth came the words that he was beyond words to describe what the show was like and how it moved him but that he can only imagine what a live show would be like! That's my boy!! :wink:

I'm back from my weekend in SD and I did see U23D Friday afternoon. Most unfortunately, there was a problem with the right projector lens so it was like watching it with only one contact lens in. At first I thought it was the glasses so I ran out across the lobby to exchange them but still had the same problem. Then my friends said their right side was blurry, too. The damn thing gave all of us a headache. The loud volume that I was excited for was way too loud for us, too. Fortunately we had earplugs (which really distorted the sound but saved my ears) but I couldn't relax through the whole thing because somebody had their little kids there and the kids had their fingers in their ears the whole time. I couldn't believe the parents didn't just leave with the kids. So the whole experience was completely miserable. Afterwards we talked to a manager who told us about the problem with the camera and gave us free tickets to another Regal cinema film. I'm glad I had seen the film already but it was a drag for my 2 friends who, nonetheless, sort of enjoyed it but it certainly did not live up to their expectations based on what I'd said about it. :|

Awww that sucks! I saw it that same evening, a later show and there were no problems. That's really a shame :(

bonocomet said:
Awww that sucks! I saw it that same evening, a later show and there were no problems. That's really a shame :(

You're kidding! That blows (for me, I mean). Funny thing is, we were late because of rush hour traffic and were so excited when we walked into the theatre 10 minutes late and it hadn't started yet. The minute we sat down we couldn't believe our luck. I guess they were trying to fix it and when they couldn't just started it anyway. They really should have made an announcement so we didn't sit there through the whole thing wondering what was going on and fiddling with our glasses. I kept trying to arrange my glasses differently to make it work. So irritating. :mad:

That is REALLY bad. They should have given replacement tickets to everyone in that show. That really makes no sense why they would just continue when there was an obvious malfunction.

Oh man I am so sorry to hear that Joyfulgirl...and to think that you were so looking forward to the show and came from out of town. I might suggest contacting the manager at the theatre and explaining what happened and the disappointment that an announcement wasn't made. I know that doesn't really help much at this point, but they need to know what happened and who knows....maybe they can make arrangements to get you tickets to see it somewhere else, send you a movie poster or SOMETHING. If I were the theatre manager that's what I would do.

Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18
10733 Westview Parkway, San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 635-7716

Back
Top Bottom