FINALLY!! Added U23D in San Diego !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Any San Diegans see it tonight??????? :hyper:

Yessssssssssssssssss I saw the 5pm and 7pm showing! EXCELLENT :up: :up: Loved it so much the first show I stayed to see it a 2nd time!

Great meeting you, bonocomet! I was with Eliv8.

Depending on my schedule tomorrow I might just sneak over and see it again tomorrow. :wink:

I am curious to hear what everyone else thought about the show.

bonocomet said:
Saw the 12:30 and 5 pm shows today!

Great meeting you Carek!! And also your friend elev8me (?) I'm not sure about his name here. Is that right?

ET I looked for you, but I guess we didn't see each other :(

(there was one person I thought might be you but I wasn't sure so I was too shy to ask :reject: )

There were only about 25-30 people in the theater..I was there...
Edge's side...up back with my friend. Wore the white down vest, Hawaii Vertigo shirt..

Carek1230 said:

I second that :wink:

It was good, technology was amazing...really did more than capture the vibe of being up close for a stadium show...and I recommend to those who haven't tried it to go for it next tour!!!
It made me miss the feeling of the crowd, all jumping and singing as one...the intensity was perfectly portrayed in this new medium.

Needed more Edge!!, but I am prejudiced...:edge:

But it didn't make me need to see it today..I can wait a few weeks after this all sinks in....song choices were kinda so-so.

Loved the perspective of Larry from overhead..he is a little separted as Edge said in his interview...the layering of the visuals with depth was really cool, the falling letters the words during The Fly....reminded you how important the "words" really are to the presentation..I always try to see too much at the live show and am turning my head on a swivel!

The way Bono reaches out to you....and Edge's intensity and prowess...WOW...

All in all a big thumbs up...

Last edited:
ET said:

There were only about 25-30 people in the theater..I was there...
Edge's side...up back with my friend. Wore the white down vest, Hawaii Vertigo shirt..

Aww darn, sorry we missed each other!

Thanks to Miringeltje for this info, the San Diego Imax has added shows thru next Wednesday. :hyper:

How many more times to go? :hmm:

Carek1230 said:
Yep, they've added more IMAX shows in SD. I was surprised to find out while in the theatre last night they snuck in the 7pm shows yesterday and today! Check out the schedule here:

http://www.fandango.com/edwardsmiramesastadium1826imax_aaove/theaterpage?date=1/31/2008

Well, that's encouraging for me but I arrive in San Diego on Feb. 1. Maybe they'll have that schedule up by tomorrow and if so I won't have to drive to CO this weekend. But I need to know by tomorrow. :grumpy:

Well now it looks like it's being held over this weekend and I'll get to see it again while I'm visiting San Diego. I did go see it in Colorado Springs but it was on a smallish screen and the volume wasn't very loud. I hear it totally rocks out in San Diego. Anybody going again Friday night? I'll start with the 4:45 and maybe see it a couple time. :D

Is it still playing this Friday night?? I'll go, we could meet if you like. I'm still at work at 4:45 but I can go to a later show :hmm: and it does rock here, as long as they keep with what they have been doing :rockon: You are talking about the Edwards Imax right?

Carek you should go too, and any other San Diegans!

Looks like there is also a 7:00, 9:15, and 11:30. I could do 7 if I can get off work early, otherwise it's 9:30 :hmm:

bonocomet said:
Is it still playing this Friday night?? I'll go, we could meet if you like. I'm still at work at 4:45 but I can go to a later show :hmm: and it does rock here, as long as they keep with what they have been doing :rockon: You are talking about the Edwards Imax right?

Carek you should go too, and any other San Diegans!

I'm in!! Maybe the 9:30 would be better? Then there's still the 11 if we want to see it again! :wink:

Yes, but I was under the impression that some IMAX screens are bigger than others. Am I all mixed up?

No some are bigger... but I haven't been to many to compare so I don't know if ours is too much smaller, but I don't think it's as big as some..... but the sound has been :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom