Elevation is celebrating their one year anniversary... and you are invited!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that the U2 tribute band ELEVATION
(CANADA) will be playing our 1st anniversary show this Saturday
February 15th at Stanley's in Toronto (Danforth and Broadview). It
will be a special show with some great surprises. Please visit our
recently refurbished website for details:

http://www.u2tributeband.com

Join other Southern Ontario U2
fans in the U2 GTA fan group:

www.u2gta.ca

or

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/U2_GTA

I just wanted to add a quick note about the Elevation show. If you haven't already seen this band and you can't make it to Vegas then you should try to come on Saturday night. Elevation consists of four very talented musician's who have also managed to do a great job of capturing the "U2 look". But don't take my word for it. Check out the picture's and sounds clips on their website!!

This is a very special show too. Elevation has been together since late 2001 and played their first show last February at the U2_GTA Grammy Party. While we were all totally blown away by that performance, Elevation has managed to blow us away time after time since then. They surprised us at the GTA one year party with a ZOO Tv set in complete costume, down to Larry's Dog Tag's, and Edge's bedazzled pants. At the Christmas Party we were treated to a show right out of the Rattle n' Hum Era, complete with a long haired Bono, a vested Adam, and a cowboy hat wearing Edge. Who knows what surprises they have in store for us this weekend?

Hope to see some of you there! I know that I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Hi Sicy and MVD! I have been busy the last year or so. I got a new job and *gasp* I am actually expected to do work here so it sort of occupies my day. I have also managed to ween myself off of the PLEBA bug although it bites once in a while and I come by to lurk and see how everyone is doing!

I hope that you are all doing well.

zonelistener said:
Wish I could come to TO this weekend (Danforth and Broadview :drool: )

:laugh: This is the first time I have seen that particular intersection described in quite that way! hehehehe! Bummer you can't come, you'll miss the big surprise! Well, you'd better go to Vegas instead!

i wish i could come too...but alas, i'm here carless and a bit of a distance away...:shrug: one of these times a bunch of us michigan people will roadtrip to TO...one of these days...

hmm...toronto is less than a 6 hour drive from grand rapids...this weekend is unrealistic...but the trip itself is very do-able...if there's ever another get together there...drop a line and there is a chance that at least 3 of us could come (yes, i will be dragging lies and ellen)...and maybe beth could too...cause we'd be driving through lansing anyway...hmm...*plots*...you'd better run in fear...us 4 are a nasty combination :sexywink:...

have a great weekend and fun at the show!

If anyone is planning on coming to the show tonight and is interested in hooking up with the local u2 fan group, u2 gta, then please come by the bar across the street at Danforth and Broadview "The Black Swan" to party with the GTA, the craziest bunch of U2 fans around.

Last edited:
It was fabulous, Skeek! They premiered their Popmart set.

They are playing London at Stonehenge on Feb 28...I won't be there unfortunately, but you should definitely go!

One of these times...and how was the ballet???

Wish I could visit with y'all at Vegas too, but I'm quite grounded with the three little y'uns, daily "what would Bono do" lessons and answering questions like, "but Mommy why isn't your boyfriend Bono taking you out for Valentine's Day dinner, instead of Daddy?"

Hello from Ra..cha..cha!

Back
Top Bottom