Elevation (Canada) in Calgary - March 12/13 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeFest

Refugee
Yeah, I know it's a long way away, but I'm already preparing for the 360 withdrawal that will hit me like a brick wall circa 8am on October 29th (I'm going to Vancouver for the show on the 28th).

Planning on going out to see Elevation in Calgary March 12/13 (I'm from Regina). They still don't know where they're playing in Calgary yet but it's on their calendar.

Save the date, and I'll bump this thread once I know more. I know some of the guys are on this board (Mick?) so maybe they will have info for us before its on their website!

www.u2tributeband.com/dates.html

sorry for the delay.

Friday's show will be at Original Joe's on Macleod Trail. 10pm

Saturday is the bigger event and is part of the St. Patrick's Day race afterparty. It is at "The Den" at the University of Calgary. We will have all details sorted in the next 2 days and we'll get it up on our website!!

We are looking forward to it!

Brady
ELEVATION : A U2 Tribute Show

I am IN!

I am so excited to see this. I will be there. Driving down Saturday Morning and will take in the Drunken Irish Festivities.

I hope we can buy advance tickets. :hyper:

For those Interference members, Brady will get us a final count and we will put away tickets for folks coming to the Saturday show. Tickets will be in short supply but you can buy 2 tickets if you sign up for the St Patricks Day race which takes place on March 13th.
There will also be a raffle at the Saturday show for 2 prime tickets for the U2 360 show in Edmonton on June 23rd. The raffle proceeds are supporting the Canadian Diabetes Association.

Johnnysav

Good stuff, I just emailed him- I'm Lori-Jo. Two of us coming out from Regina, one from Calgary and one from Edgemonton (yes, I renamed it) so we are looking for 5. Won't be signing up for the race because we're going to the Friday show and will probably be worse for wear the next day! :D

I'll be at the show on the 12th for sure with my friends. Not sure about the 13th, but we'll see. I think you only need tickets for the 13th, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Try checking their website for more details.

Hope you can make it :D

Hey Guys

Tickets only needed for the Saturday show as it is a fundraiser for the Canadian Diabetes Foundation. As Shawn mentioned, if anyone needs tickets, just email him and we will put them aside for you. See you all at both shows. Original Joes is a great location for live music!

Johnny

Hi there, thanks for the interest. Showtime is 9.30 at OJ's, I'd suggest you try to get there at least 30 minutes before that since I hear it will be busy. The show the following day at the Den starts at 8.30. See you then!

Mick

Kafrun and Love_U2_Adam.... make sure you come find me at OJs. You cannot miss my hat - Joshua Tree Edge style, complete with an Ace of Spades for extra Edge-geek authenticity :D

See you there!

Hi all - a reminder to send us an email at:

contact@u2tributeband.com

if you want us to set aside tickets for Saturdays show. It is sold out and it is reserved for people running the race, HOWEVER, we are able to save tickets for Interference people (you will still need to pay $10 as it is a charity event). Please email me your full name etc...and we will make sure you get in.

Thanks,
Brady
ELEVATION : A U2 Tribute Show

I think the boys will be coming on around 9 or 9:30 on Friday. There is no cover so I would suggest getting there by 8 PM
Johnny

I think the band will start playing around 9 PM on Friday night, maybe 9:30.

Saturday night at The Den at University of Calgary, I think they come on at 8:15 PM

Johnny

Hi everyone,

The band is really excited to come back to Calgary!!

Friday's show is free and first come, first serve. The band will be soundchecking until 8pm, so suggest arrival would be around 8:15pm.

Saturday's show appears to be fully sold out so if you haven't already emailed us (as per 2 of the posts on here and our website), my only suggestion is to come a bit later in the evening to the Den as they may let more people in if people don't stay for the whole show. We perform 3 sets each night.

Friday will start around 9pm and end around 1am
Saturday will start at 8:30 pm and end around 12:30-1am.

Lots of fun tunes over the two nights...both shows will have the standard hits but also some of the deeper album cuts.

Cheers,
Brady

Kafrun and Love_U2_Adam.... make sure you come find me at OJs. You cannot miss my hat - Joshua Tree Edge style, complete with an Ace of Spades for extra Edge-geek authenticity :D

See you there!

:( i wish i could have went but i worked at 8.30 that day then 8.30 the next morning (but i will most likely see you peeps in June)!!
Elevation should try and get a gig in Red Deer!! It's just so hard for me to find a place to stay in Cowtown without a hotel. And if you get a gig i will recruit people to it:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom