Electrical Storm at Lobster Fest this Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh! No, for the love of God!

Forgive me but I have to ask: why is it invariably necessary to plug JT whenever any other tribute gets a mention on interference (usually at the expense of the other act by way of an unfavourable comparison)? The recent thread about the Boston JT developed in exactly the same way. I think it's great that JT Cali's audience likes them enough to want to support them at every opportunity, I have heard nothing but good things about them both musically and personally and I'm sure they deserve your support. But. We've all got the message now thanks very much. Plus it distracts from what would otherwise be a helpful plug for ES, the Boston JT or whoever else it might be... after all it's not as if there aren't already plenty of JT dedicated threads on the gatherings forum or wherever is it? Surely you can allow the other guys a thread to themselves now and again?

oktobergirl said:
I just read that this U2 tribute band is performing at the Lobster Fest in San Pedro this Sunday. They go on at 3:15pm

More info here:

http://www.lobsterfest.com

I'm iffy on going. If I feel better, I might.

Great website! (www.estorm.us/)
I won't be able to attend this time, but i'll try the next one!

BTW...I see that they will be doing several shows in Monterey, Mexico....any connection there?

Good times!

Last edited:
gragravar said:
Ahhh! No, for the love of God!

Forgive me but I have to ask: why is it invariably necessary to plug JT whenever any other tribute gets a mention on interference (usually at the expense of the other act by way of an unfavourable comparison)? The recent thread about the Boston JT developed in exactly the same way. I think it's great that JT Cali's audience likes them enough to want to support them at every opportunity, I have heard nothing but good things about them both musically and personally and I'm sure they deserve your support. But. We've all got the message now thanks very much. Plus it distracts from what would otherwise be a helpful plug for ES, the Boston JT or whoever else it might be... after all it's not as if there aren't already plenty of JT dedicated threads on the gatherings forum or wherever is it? Surely you can allow the other guys a thread to themselves now and again?

First... I agree that our fans should not use other bands threads to praise us. BUT!! At the same time, you could have chosen to address this with that person OR the band via PM or Email not on another bands thread.

As for your, "We've all got the message now thanks very much" With all due respect...Screw You. I refuse to apologise because we have fans that enjoy what we do are are vocal about it. I will not try to stop them from saying that a band is lame for saying they are a tribute when they are not a true tribute. Or for saying that we are better. THAT IS THEIR OPINION...they are entitled to that. It is not coming from the band. We have our opinions but do not voice them in public.....BUT for the record.....

I have a great deal of admiration and respect for: Elevation Canada, UF, Desire, ZooStation Arizona, because I know guys in all these band and they are not egotistical. They strive to become U2, not just play the songs and BS their way through the motions. They don't just put a pair of shades on their Bono and think that they are now U2. They also don't have to be like ______ ____ and have their Bono post how great of a Bono he is, as if it were a fan posting. And we have all seen other bands do that. It's lame!

As for the JT Boston... there was a rude response from, what I imagine was a member of that cover band. I responded to the ignorant things that were said. There was never a response back. They have the balls to say something rude about our fans but apparently wont address me about it.

Finally, why is it that the people on here who are most critical are almost always the ones who have no profile on Interference? Why are they hiding? Just say you are the member of such and such tribute band......

Chas

I've never seen electrical storm, it wasn't really a plug. I just saw it while checking out things that were going on this weekend and thought I'd post it for other people in the area.

I'm still sick tho, so I doubt I'm going. :(

i agree its not in good taste to plug another tribute band in a thread that was meant for another.

while jt will always be my fave, i will never miss out on an opportunity to see another u2 tribute band. im looking forward to it!

What in the hell is wrong with some of you people? I surf the blue crack that is Interference just like the rest of you (I do have a bit of a profile too, I don't hide or lurk)... I simply made a comment, I was not "plugging" anyone or anything. Everyone can just get a grip and chill out a bit. Perhaps someone is a bit jealous or testy? Last time I checked the place I live is in the United States of America where we have Freedom of Speech and are free to voice our opinions. Interference.com seems to be the place where opinions are posted, challenged, belittled, argued, etc. on a daily basis. What's so different from my simple statement? I felt it was even polite.....I certainly did not have to use the words "no thanks"...... but I did. I could have been rude, but I wasn't.

Does anyone care to know whether I have even seen Electrical Storm or not? No. Everyone seemed to attack me and immediately begin the usual negativity that this forum is so good at.

For the record I have researched and seen several U2 tribute bands. I have left honest reviews for the ones I have seen. I do not care for Electrical Storm. Big deal. Get over it. When new bands make their announcements I check them out with an open mind. Am I disallowed from making any kind of comment anywhere on Interference about my likes or dislikes regarding tribute bands? Grow up people!

I'd like to quote something mentioned in a post above. Food for thought to one who knows WHAT was posted and WHY they posted it:

"Finally, why is it that the people on here who are most critical are almost always the ones who have no profile on Interference? Why are they hiding? Just say you are the member of such and such tribute band......" Hmmmmmm.......

I am not here to start anything nor do I wish to perpetuate this issue any further. I simply made a statement of my opinion.

That is all I have to say.

Karen

oktobergirl said:
I've never seen electrical storm, it wasn't really a plug. I just saw it while checking out things that were going on this weekend and thought I'd post it for other people in the area.

I'm still sick tho, so I doubt I'm going. :(

You did nothing wrong. Thanks for posting that info, it's part of what I believe these forums should be about. I realized it wasn't a "plug".

Go see ES. I encourage people to.

And I hope you are feeling better soon!

Oh dearie me.

This is about common courtesy to other tributes, not an attack on JT or its members. My comment was quite clearly not directed at either Chas or JT, so why you (Chas) personally feel the need to write "screw you" to an email that wasn't even aimed at you, far less addressed to you, is a mystery to me. Nor was Quest rude to you or JT in the other thread; your response however was. I have no idea whether Quest is a member of a tribute, but i don't see how you could work it out from his one line posts, I certainly didn't draw that conclusion, and I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt, which incidentally is what I am giving you by not replying to you in the tone that you thought it appropriate to address me... Really, well done on your success with JT etc. and long may it continue but, in all seriousness, if your posts are any indication you do seem to be developing an unfortunate attitude about it. In fact your posts in this and the Boston JT thread remind me of those made by the singer of an until recently well-regarded U2 tribute, whose postings on their now-defunct Yahoo group were notorious and the subject of much amusement all round prior to his downfall...

Yes, your fans are vocal and that's great, but there is a difference between simply being vocal and repeatedly being unable to restrain yourself from making the same point regardless of context. (BTW how did I know in advance that the freedom of speech argument would come up? Because it's used to defend virtually every ill-considered comment that anyone in the USA ever makes, that's how.) Of course you (Carek) have the right to say whatever you want, but with rights come responsibilities, and one of them is to try make the effort to distinguish between when something is appropriate and when it isn't.

I'm glad Chas respects Elevation Canada; I am the bass player in that band, so thanks for the compliments; and I've heard you guys are great, so good for you. However this has absolutely nothing to do with the reason for my post and I mention it only to dispel any doubts that I am secretly a member of ES or whoever pretending to be impartial, which I agree would be kind of sad. (Incidentally, I have always avoided making public comments about other tributes whether justified or not because it would look like a case of sour grapes, as one of you put it. Good advice for all tributeers there I think, and their fans too come to think of it.)

My comment was made in a spirit of fairness. If you care to check you will find I made a very similar comment a few months ago in the Gatherings forum to someone called Clint who invariably talks up a band called U2 Nation, on this ocassion at the expense of New York's UF. I suggested that he plug the band on its merits rather than criticise another act to talk them up, which is basically what happened here when carek made a point of telling us all how he wouldn't be going because "JT does it all for him", whatever that means. (I seem to recall that someone from JT chimed to agree with me back then; it might even have been you, Chas.) I would probably have done exactly the same thing if ES had jumped into a thread about JT for that matter (though I expect you guys would have done it first). Neither have I ever seen or met ES and have no axe to grind either for or against them. Ditto JT, whether the East or West coast version, and that applies to U2nation and UF as well. And finally, THIS IS NOT ABOUT JT, or my own band either, now that my "secret" is out. I know i've said this repeatedly, but it clearly needs to be spelled out, and I don't want anyone thinking this is some sort of juvenile inter-trib pissing contest, at least on my part anyway. I'd hope it's not on yours either, but that's up to you of course.

Hope that clears it up for you.

As I stated in my post I felt no need to perpetuate this any further, unless one has issues as it seems is the case here. Last time I attempted to check I don't remember seeing a *rule* on Interference that stated one tribute band was banned from visiting or choosing to post on another's thread here. Sure we all have freedom of speech and the rights to our opinions....general public, fans, band management, and band members alike. Altho I am not at liberty to quote or speak for Chas from JT, he had every right to say what he has chosen to say in this thread, in past arenas and in future. Same goes for you and everyone else here. I believe to keep coming back making comments is a pissing contest and perpetuates ridiculous argument and hurt feelings. There's simply no reason for it.

If you don't like what you read or if you don't care to debate with people here then simply do what I am choosing and that's not to even be here reading and posting. Most of it is ridiculous drivel anyway in my opinion. The more one continues to moan about threads like this in here, the more ridiculous it makes one look.

Also, please don't knock the "Freedom of Speech" comment or anything about the US. It is my heritage, and I believe in, exercise and honor my first ammendment rights. I am sure you honor your country. Allow me to honor mine.

I'm out.

Last edited:
Mick,

You need to note that neither of the threads that you are referrring to were started by the bands...either ES or JT Boston. One was a fan in LA that noticed the ES show and decided to let everyone know. The JT Boston was someone saying that they saw the band and enjoyed them. You make it sound like Carek highjacked JTB and ES and it is just not true.

Nothing that was said was rude, it was just an opinion. I don't recall any thread from a tribute band posting shows where any fans of JT posted anything rude. In fact.... many of our fans hve wished good luck on upcoming shows to bands like Desire here in So Cal.....including Carek.

"Woo Hoo Rich C. is back with the beat! There's room for more in SoCal! Good luck to all youse guys (well most of them anyways)" From Carek on the Debut of Desire thread.

Anyhow, this is petty and tiresome. I'm done wasting my time on this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom