East Coasters, has anyone heard about this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Bono is speaking October 21, 2005 courtesy of the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia. He will discuss his work in bringing attention and resources to economic and health crises in Africa.
Tickets go on sale July 25!
Cost:
Dinner, Cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception with Bono, and VIP program seating - $495
Cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception with Bono, preferred orchestra-level program seating - $225
Cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception with Bono, orchestra-level program seating - $175
Program only, general admission seating - $75
www.wacphila.org
*Sorry Mods if I posted in the wrong forum*

Well, I did find out that the cocktail party is only 1/2 an hour and will consist of 600 people if it sells out :angry: I'll have a better shot waiting outside of MSG which I will be doing in Oct/Nov :D

according to upstages, it's 200 people. i called them...did they tell you 600?

talked to upstages again and now they say around 500 for the reception--who knows!

billy corgan knows that what he did is not cool and he probably regrets it. if his new songs were really that good he wouldn't worry about it. i think he lacks confidence. think about it - smashing pumpkins were the hottest thing in their day. Today is the greatest day... that video was kick ass!! everything was right on - until corgan and co. just couldn't keep it together and their heads way too big for their own good. corgan, keep it simple dude, and don't take yourself so seriously. it's only rock and roll. smashing pumpkins was never on the level of u2 or anything. they were just a great group from chicago that rode the coattails of seattle grundge. i realize they were probbably around before nirvana and p. jam but if it weren't for vedder and cobain nobody would've ever heard of this group. they are a 2nd rate group like stp. behind u2, nirvana, and red hot chilli pepers.
aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom