Early Spring New York Gathering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Alright folks... we talked about it before... now it's time to get it done. I've got two ideas for potential dates, both centered around performances by the Unforgettable Fire...

Date #1
Friday March 26th
Flannery's on 14th & 7th (UF's "home base")
Show Time is at 11pm

Date #2
Friday April 16th
Tribute Wars IX
Doors Open - 6:00pm
TOYS IN THE ATTIC - Aerosmith Tribute(7PM)
THE SOFT PARADE - The Doors Tribute (8:15)
BLACK DOG - Led Zeppelin Tribute (9:45)
THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE - U2 Tribute (11:30pm)

B.B. King's Blues Club
237 West 42nd Street (Times Square)

Flannery's is probably more conducive for a "get together" as far as pre and post show go... but it isn't exactly the largest venue in the world and can get quite crowded while the show is going.

BB's offers much more space, but there are also three opening acts, and the second the show ends they clear the crowd out of there like they've got the plague or somethin'... so if we picked the BB's show date, we'd probably also have to pick a second location to meet before and after the show (perhaps Flannery's? up for any ideas).

The flannery's show is in 24 days, BB's in 45 days.

So I've dropped the idea... Let me know what ya think...

Choice A) Flannery's on Friday March 26th...
Choice B) BB King's on Friday April 16th...
Choice C) All of the above :wink:

Last edited:
Hey Headache, I was born and raised in Bklyn but now am living in Westchester. I've seen UF at Flannery's (among other venues) about 40 times. I'd like to meet up with other U2 fans at a "gathering" but not too sure about that date. Keep me posted if you receive interest from anyone else.

obviously... you're in jersey... i'd rather meet on long island 'cause that's where i live... but as for a central location... the city's easiest for everyone from the entire region.

besides... last time i went to a UF show at o'donnoghue's the bouncers threw me out lol... long story.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
...and this is why we can never have a new york gathering...

Im so hurt:wink:

I'll be at both....takin my 13 year old to the BB King show..time to get her off of that rap shit she has grown accustomed to.

I wanna hear about why ya got tossed out....

well if ya wanna count two of us from here as a gathering then yeah... we've had plenty :wink:

bringin' the limo again? (need i really ask)

yeah, probably. no trains goin back to LI at 4am...'sides, who wants to drive home from the train station anyway. Stayin overnight with the kid for the BB King show. Just dont feel like walkin the streets of Mnahatten with a 13 year old at 3am.

See ya in a few weeks!

Eh...ya tried....could try posting on the U2NYC yahoo boards. see what we can get goin....

*packs the Duckwalk for the Limo* yeah...we're ready....

see this is why we can never do anything...

only three people have posted here, and two of 'em woulda been at both of these shows anyway, and the third wanted to meet in jersey instead.

i know there's more new yorkers out there... let's here from ya.

or not... :shrug::sigh::madspit:

Go West young man! We had a good crowd for San Francisco; really enthusiastic and had a lot of fun,,,the pic's tell...especially with Ms. Guinness! if you come, we'll throw a party!! :)

I would honestly love to come, but my wife is pregnant and is going through wicked morning, afternoon, and night sickness. So, we shall see if I am allowed out of my cage. LOL

Numb1075 said:
Been there? Not fun.

Neither is goin through 9 months of puking, swollen ankles, gaining 60lbs, then spending 18 hours trying to squeeze out something the size of a small watermelon. Then 19 yrs later have them still sittin on your couch, eating you out of house and home :wink:

So never goin there again...

See ya Friday Headache..probably 'bout 10:30...lets do a shot of Soco...

BonoBabe40 said:
Neither is goin through 9 months of puking, swollen ankles, gaining 60lbs, then spending 18 hours trying to squeeze out something the size of a small watermelon. Then 19 yrs later have them still sittin on your couch, eating you out of house and home :wink:

well numb, i do believe we brought that one upon ourselfs...

oh well... shameless plug time

:wink:

Don't think I'll be making it tonight. BonoBabe, you make having children sound wonderful. Please have 2 shots of Soco for me and if it's not too much trouble, can someone post the setlist they play tonight in this forum (That's if you can remember it).

Have a great time.

Numb1075 said:
Don't think I'll be making it tonight. BonoBabe, you make having children sound wonderful. Please have 2 shots of Soco for me and if it's not too much trouble, can someone post the setlist they play tonight in this forum (That's if you can remember it).

Have a great time.

Eh..they're not that bad...just 3 teenagers in one house and they're showing no signs of moving out. Good luck with the baby..

Headache...see ya bout 10:30....save me a spot since we're runnin a little late...

:wave:

the pain... the torture... the hangover :drunk:

great show... even got a free shameless plug from tony :up:

why does my nose hurt?

ow

OK...now that I can see somewhat clearly...

33%3A36%3B8323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D824%3D629%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3B8%3B%3A734ot1lsi

33%3A36%3B8323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D824%3D629%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3B8%3B%3A737ot1lsi

33%3A36%3B8323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D824%3D629%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3B8%3B%3A739ot1lsi

33%3A36%3B8323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D824%3D629%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3B8%3B%3A73%3Bot1lsi

33%3A36%3B8323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D824%3D629%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B%3B8%3B%3A742ot1lsi

Looks like you guys had a great time. Any "unusal" songs in the set list on Friday? You guys are high rollers in the limo, huh?

Back
Top Bottom