DC Metro Party Peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! - Guyliner On The Horizon Listening Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
There was talk of this in the inauguration gathering thread. We're only a few weeks away now! So, I think that weekend is March 6 - 8. I totally wanna come down for this and rock out. It would work best for me if this took place March 7.

Since I no longer live there, I can't host the party myself, or I'd be all over this. So, I'm opening it up. Who wants to do it? This was Steve's brill idea, so I don't wanna take that away from him. Also, Neil showed some sweet pics from his new super-fly crib. It's not really in good taste for me to just throw parties at other people's homes (ahem, right Cari? :wink: ) so I'll let y'all decide.

My vote goes to whomever has a hot tub. :sexywink:

No hot tub here except for the one at the outdoor pool, which won't open until May :wink:. My place is well suited for movies (i.e. the private theater), but maybe not a listening party. I do have a kick-ass stereo system up in the apartment, but my neighbors may not appreciate it much. I also might have a family member's birthday party to go to that weekend - will find out.

Count me in! If we're looking for super-fly stereo or dvd-viewing hardware, my place isn't the choice. But if we just need a stereo, a tv, and some couches, then sign me up. ;) Oh, and we'd have to be somewhat quiet after 7 so Addie can sleep! :lol: So if a middle of the day party and the above conditions are all good, then my place is totally open. Otherwise, I'll defer to Neil or whomever else. Either way, I think we should definitely plan a gathering that weekend. :yes:

I saw U23D again last night. It was about 95% empty, but great to see again - the sound system in that theater is the best I've heard.

Not sure if all of you DC area people know but i will be moving out there in the fall..

I got a job with a govt agency and should start sometime in Oct/Nov after i get thru background checks an stuff.

I look forward to meeting fans in this area! :)

yeah, so I suck..... listening party has never happened. sorry! I'm on a pretty funky schedule at work, and I'm currently interviewing for jobs, so things are a bit hectic at the moment.

How does Saturday, May 2nd sound? My place in Shirlington works, unless anyone else wants to offer up their place. For those who haven't met Monica or Addie yet, you'll be out of luck...they're going to be visiting a friend in Philly that day/night, but that kind of makes a U2 party a little bit easier. :shifty:

We could grill on the patio in the back, throw in a dvd or two, maybe burn/swap bootlegs again like we did 2 years ago in our old place. Anyone up for that?

Afternoon, evening, whatever works for the most people. :rockon:

Jess! :sad: I feel like we've missed each other for the last few years!

I know! :( Re my gala, I am not sure if I am performing in the afternoon or evening on the 2nd. It is posible I could make it, but not sure yet. I hope so!

Guess what! I am performing in the matinee that day, so can come right after that (albeit wearing a LOT of makeup!!!)

You can put Paul and me down for a yes after all! :)

I can go.. Not sure if hubby wants to come but I'll ask. Would it be ok if I brought my kid? Only if hubby comes would he need to tag along..

I can see if hubby can bring his guitar and play some u2 tunes.. He's already working on Unknown Caller and Breathe.. He has a strat and a amp he could bring or his accoustic or both..:D

Guess what! I am performing in the matinee that day, so can come right after that (albeit wearing a LOT of makeup!!!)

You can put Paul and me down for a yes after all! :)

:dance: Wahoo!

I can go.. Not sure if hubby wants to come but I'll ask. Would it be ok if I brought my kid? Only if hubby comes would he need to tag along..

I can see if hubby can bring his guitar and play some u2 tunes.. He's already working on Unknown Caller and Breathe.. He has a strat and a amp he could bring or his accoustic or both..:D

Awesome! Kids definitely welcome. :D And guitars are definitely welcome, too! A Strat will put my crappy Starcaster to shame....:sigh: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom