DC/MD/VA meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
Hey everyone! I'm goin back to my hood this weekend, and I'll be there through the middle of January. I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together at some point? I was thinking perhaps we could hang @ someplace sexy like Brickskeller, Franklin's, Irelands 4 Ps (but I think it is called something else now).

Who is up for it?

Excellent! Sounds like everyone so far is in VA. As more people chime in, I'll take note of there locations and then we can choose a place that will be relatively equidistant for us.

i'm traveling quite a bit this next month or so (gone christmas to new years, then again january 3-9), but if something works out i'd love to stop by and meet some VA/DC/MD people.

:)

I'd love to, but I'm stuck at home until the 14th, and I don't think my parents would be too keen on me going up to DC to meet "internet people" (even though I've met patti and mia in real life :p)

I can't wait to move out :scream:

I'm leaving town from the 21st through the 28. My work & on-call schedule are kind of crazy after that, but I could try and figure something out.

"Ireland's 4 P's" is now "Ireland's Four Courts," if you're talking about the Irish pub in Courthouse. My friend's a manager there & may be able to get us a deal or two. Brickskeller's fun but awfully expensive..

I'm in, I just need to find out what my schedule will be like for the upcoming weeks

dela-WHERE?? :wink: DE is more than welcome!!! :)

Since we all have like, lives and stuff, let's shoot for sometime post New Year's? I'd be all about Ireland's Four Courts (WHY did they change? :angry: ) but we shall wait and see where other people are coming from, so we can choose a fair location.

Last edited:
redhotswami said:
dela-WHERE?? :wink: DE is more than welcome!!! :)

Since we all have like, lives and stuff, let's shoot for sometime post New Year's? I'd be all about Ireland's Four Courts (WHY did they change? :angry: ) but we shall wait and see where other people are coming from, so we can choose a fair location.

We were the 1st state you know! :madwife: Awwwww thanks I would love to come along :). Would be really cool to meet my fellow neighbors!

Personally Im all for post New Year's :yes:

U2democrat said:
I'd love to, but I'm stuck at home until the 14th, and I don't think my parents would be too keen on me going up to DC to meet "internet people" (even though I've met patti and mia in real life :p)

I can't wait to move out :scream:

And why do your parents have to know exactly where you are going?
My dad doesn't even know I went to Hawaii last week.

But oh when the day comes where they move down to NC to retire after I graduate, and I *hopefully* will have a job and my own place, it'll be frightening but exciting at the same time. I can finally be my own person :mad:

But that's for another thread, I'll let this stay a meetup thread :wink:

I vote for Dr. Dremo's - it's just down from Ireland's 4 Courts. They have a big selection of microbrew beers on tap. They have pool tables and a large seating area near the bar. Good happy hour specials and the best nachos in town (at least imho). Here is website. For you oldsters, it used to be called Bardo Rodeo!

http://www.drdremo.com/

I might be able to go, depending on when it is. I'm going to be in and out of town during January.

Hi all! :wave: Thanks redhot for pointing me in this direction. :wink: I'll stay tuned for details...

Be advised ya'll will be signing ONE petitions if I come. :drool: :wink:

I'll probably be getting my on-call schedule for January right around then, so I won't be much for advance notice if that's when we do it.

Back
Top Bottom