DC/MD/VA meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH! I forgot to mention I can get a free ticket to any friday night O's game. I don't care for baseball, but a free ticket is a free ticket. If anybody is going to a game and wants to meet up, LMK!

Guys & gals---

I'm seeing Keane tomorrow night (5/28) at the 9:30 Club, and I have two tickets that aren't going to be used. You don't have to hang out with me if you don't want :wink:, I'd just like to not have to eat the cost of two tickets.

They're $40 apiece (face value). Let me know if you're interested & we can meet up at the club.

Utoo said:
Guys & gals---

I'm seeing Keane tomorrow night (5/28) at the 9:30 Club, and I have two tickets that aren't going to be used.

just wondering did they add another show? the website is showing this on Tue, 5/29.

bayou12780 said:

just wondering did they add another show? the website is showing this on Tue, 5/29.

Yup! I was wrong----the show is TOMORROW, TUESDAY the 29th. I was on-call yesterday & last night, so my days are all messed up.

If anyone's interested, let me know!

unico, maybe this would work better?

Okay, now with the new (correct!) date, all the tickets are spoken for. Back to business----

June 9th
My place (Friendship Heights)
U2 DVD Bootleg Watch & Burn party!

unico said:
what time? is this going to be an all day extravaganza? or do you expect to get sick of us after a couple of hours ;)

hehe :wink:

I guess that's up to everyone who wants to come. I'm off from work and my wife will be out of town, so I've got nothing to do! :wink:

Utoo said:

hehe :wink:

I guess that's up to everyone who wants to come. I'm off from work and my wife will be out of town, so I've got nothing to do! :wink:

sweet! the CoolKidsCarpool might be coming up together...we'll have to get back to ya once we figure out a time that works with us.

:happydance:

Make it happen Shannon! It has been too long!!! :D

Oh, should we bring stuff? Drinks, food?

I can't do the 9th. My grandmother is in town to celebrate her 90th birthday. In other words, I can't possibly miss that.

I've met a few interlanders here and there, but none of them local. So, hopefully, next time, I can work something out. Hope you guys have a great time!

unico said:

sweet! the CoolKidsCarpool might be coming up together...we'll have to get back to ya once we figure out a time that works with us.

:happydance:

Make it happen Shannon! It has been too long!!! :D

Oh, should we bring stuff? Drinks, food?

Wahoo!! In terms of bringing stuff, I'm very lackadaisical and will say "if you want." :wink: I think it depends on whether we do an evening thing or an all-day thing. I can handle an evening thing (and we could get pizza, thai, or something like that to make it even easier), but an all-day thing would be two+ meals and more assistance would be appreciated..hehe.

ylimeU2 said:
I can't do the 9th. My grandmother is in town to celebrate her 90th birthday. In other words, I can't possibly miss that.

You don't have to----90-year-old-grandmothers are entirely welcome!

RedrocksU2 said:
:grumpy: Wish I could go.

www.travelzoo.com, baby!

BonosBaby12 said:

Im going to keep trying my hardest to the very end :wink: December was much too long ago! :scream:

If you need help, I'm Italian, from Jersey, and can "take care" of any problems you may have, fifty bucks a kneecap.

BonosBaby12 said:

I knew there was a reason why I like you so much! :love: :giggle:

Does this include help with transportation? :wink:

We Italians are masters of the import/export business....[/joey baggodonuts voice] :wink:

Woo-hoo! We're a week away from the bootleg gathering! Let's decide what time to get together. I'm free all day, and I think the timing depends most on those who have to travel, as well as whether we'd like to have one show playing in the background or a couple. Maybe 2ish if we'd like a longer day and 6ish if we want a shorter one?

Oh, and PM me or email me at utooguy AT gmail DOT com for my address & number.

I'm so excited!! I'm bringing a crew of either 3 or 4 people, plus myself. We're all meeting up at my place at 2ish...so we can be at your place at 3ish. We can park at your place, right?

Oh, and what shall we bring? Potluck? Booze? And speaking of booze what is your favorite alcohol?

BonosBaby----that's not allowed. :tsk: Seriously, though.....sorry....:sad:

Unico! Woo-hoo! There's street parking near me. It can be tough sometimes, but a Saturday afternoon shouldn't be too bad. Potluck sounds like fun. Maybe potluck for dinner? Then I'll provide chips, snacks, etc, for the pre- and post-dinner time, and then my contribution to the potluck. As for booze...I love Malibu. :drool: :wink: I have some Baileys and can add some beers to what we currently have.

Utoo said:
Then I'll provide chips, snacks, etc, for the pre- and post-dinner time, and then my contribution to the potluck. As for booze...I love Malibu. :drool: :wink: I have some Baileys and can add some beers to what we currently have.

Let me know what I can provide in the

:corn: or department too :wink:.

Utoo said:
BonosBaby----that's not allowed. :tsk: Seriously, though.....sorry....:sad:

Im quite disappointed myself :sigh: Was so excited about seeing Mia's sexy self again along with meeting you :sexywink:

I want to come! :sad: Damnit I will make it to a gathering this summer! :madwife: Might require calling in Utoo's Italian reinforcements but it will happen :wink:

Last edited:
Paul and I are going to come too. We need directions from the Metro! My house (that I just moved into) is quite a shambles, so I'm not sure if I'll be cooking anything for pot luck, but we can certainly contribute to anything that is being ordered in, or we could buy something to bring with us. Just let us know! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom