DC/MD/VA meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ no need to rub it in. although I am posting from work right now, so it's not like I'm getting all that much work done :reject:

pattip2000 said:
^ no need to rub it in. although I am posting from work right now, so it's not like I'm getting all that much work done :reject:

you're still better off than me. a) obviously more noble and honest b) i'm not getting paid.

so...if anyone wants to buy me a drink they are more than welcome :D

Why not invite one of your parents along? aren't you supposed to have friends?, aren't you supposed to have interests? here you combine both and expose your folks...it won't hurt to ask and I'm sure you fellow interferencers wouldn't mind...

:hmm: Unless you're actually a "closet crazy" and they know nothing about the girl we know and love as U2democrat...:wink:

okay...don't everybody jump in at once :wink: I just wanna add that when choosing a place, to consider parking availability, especially since we will be having a number of travelers.

Isn't there some sort of brewpub in the Potomac Yard shopping center? Like where the movie theater & best buy is?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a bit more of an Applebee's-esque bar.

There's a little parking behind Four Courts, and I think there may be some at Dremo's, I can't remember.

Utoo said:
Yeah, it's a bit more of an Applebee's-esque bar.

There's a little parking behind Four Courts, and I think there may be some at Dremo's, I can't remember.

There's also a Safeway right near that area, too, with a nice big parking lot...:wink:

redhotswami said:
For real??? Where? Isn't 4Cs on Connecticut Ave?

I think he's referring to the one on Wilson Blvd. in Arlington.
The closest Safeway is several blocks away from that. Parking can be tough on Fri/Sat, but on other nights it should not be tough behind the building or on Wilson 1-2 blocks away. There is also a large public lot in front of the courthouse one block away (free at night).

Last edited:
might be able to make it out, honestly was kind of lazy to read the whole thread.

what's the latest update ? :wink:

:wave: Welcome! The latest is...we don't know where we're going, but it is looking like this will happen January 6th, a Saturday.

You in? Have any ideas of where to go?? I think a DC or Northern VA location would be best. We have some friends coming in from South VA, MD, and DE as well as DC, so I wanted to try and find a good middle ground.

hey there U2NativeSon! :wave: Welcome!!!

Okay my vote is for Ireland's 4 Courts in Arlington.

Wherever we decide...Since I'm south of the location, anybody coming up from the south is welcome to meet at my parents' place to park their cars, then we can carpool up there (less cars the better).

Figures people are getting together during the exact span of my winter break! :lol: Oh well, next time. :)

Ok, I am interested, but my transport situation is sketchy at best. And I would have to get my bf on board with the whole thing. lol. Daytime would be better than evening for me as we would have to drive back over here.

redhotswami said:
hey there U2NativeSon! :wave: Welcome!!!

Okay my vote is for Ireland's 4 Courts in Arlington.

This, I do believe, is Metro accessible (Organe line, Clarendon stop I think) and they play U2 lots. :drool:

And...OMFG, could I possibly meet Sula? :D

Sherry Darling said:
And...OMFG, could I possibly meet Sula? :D

:hyper: The feeling is mutual! :D

But the transport is an issue cuz my little four-on-the-floor with 200k+ miles doesn't like long drives in the dark. I would be so up for a carpool but I am way the freak out in Winchester. :grumpy:

have fun, y'all. i'm out of town the 3-9th.

:sad:

what's weird is that i met up with Sula, briefly, in that exact same bar.

alas ...

redhotswami said:

:sad: you're one of the people i wanted to meet the most. hopefully we can meet sometime soon!

:sad:

i hope so too.

am just on a crazy, cracked-up schedule these days.

heck, i haven't even had much time for FYM.

Back
Top Bottom