DC/MD/VA meetup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jan 7 would be best for my schedule. If we do Dremo's and get there when they open at 5pm, we would pretty much have the place to ourselves. Dremo's is doing the Night of 101 Elvises (or is that Elvies) on Jan 6. I think we would want to avoid that like the plague.... :tsk:

bayou12780 said:
Jan 7 would be best for my schedule. If we do Dremo's and get there when they open at 5pm, we would pretty much have the place to ourselves. Dremo's is doing the Night of 101 Elvises (or is that Elvies) on Jan 6. I think we would want to avoid that like the plague.... :tsk:

Aww we can't go to that? :sigh:

Okay so I e-mailed Dremos about Jan 7, this was the response:

We don't have a karaoke machine but plenty o pool tables, foozball, shufleboard, darts
etc... Sunday the 7th would not require reservations. The place is so big (and Sunday is
not the busiest day of the week) that it will be no problem to find space for you all to
hang out together. BTW, pool is free until midnight Sundays

I do have a cue stick. His name is Big Nasty. Oh yeah I'm a shark :cool:

Yes, not only is it a dive bar, it's the best dive bar. Point is, we won't pay $5 for a Bud Lite - we usually get a pitcher of Brooklyn Brown for $10. And there is a nice place to sit and actually hear each other talk.

We are open to suggestions - where would you like to go?

bayou12780 said:
Yes, not only is it a dive bar, it's the best dive bar. Point is, we won't pay $5 for a Bud Lite - we usually get a pitcher of Brooklyn Brown for $10. And there is a nice place to sit and actually hear each other talk.

We are open to suggestions - where would you like to go?

I’m all about being able to hear each other talk. So are we thinking Sun the 7th? If it’s Sunday, I wouldn’t be able to stay out too, too late, I’ll have to get back to Richmond at a decent hour. Damn job, it always gets in the way of my fun.

Okay friends, times a comin! Everyone pick a place...the place that gets the most votes wins. Yeah, I think Sunday the 7th might work...perhaps we can do an early evening thang like 5pm?

What are our options and where is everything located?

I’m going to vote for whatever is closest to Richmond.
Yes, I’m selfish like that.

:lol: Well, actually, I'm thinking the DC area might be the best choice. Only because it looks like there will be people coming from Richmond, DE, and MD, as well as Northern VA & DC...so I think DC is a good middle ground for everyone.

:madspit: fine. you know I'll be there anyway. I'm a whore for U2 and U2 fans.

Carpool anyone?

So I just realized that I’ve already met 6 of the 13 people (myself not included) who have posted in this thread. I hope that doesn’t say anything bad about me.

Ok, I’m going to bed now; I’ll stop making this a chat thread. Night.

That's actually probably a better idea. How does everyone feel about a Saturday meetup on the 6th? Places may be a bit more crowded, but that's okay. If there is someplace with a reservable room, I can call it in.

redhotswami said:
That's actually probably a better idea. How does everyone feel about a Saturday meetup on the 6th? Places may be a bit more crowded, but that's okay. If there is someplace with a reservable room, I can call it in.

Saturday would work better for me cause of the whole work on Monday thing.

Back
Top Bottom