Cleveland Saturday April 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannabe

War Child
Hello!

My good buddies Travis + Adam (whom Kristina and April briefly met), Meggs (a U2 fan the floor above me), and myself are making a trip to Cleveland for the Rock Hall Saturday April 12th, and we'll stay overnight til sometime the next day. Just making a post in case anyone wants to meet up or get a bite to eat.

Compared to other board members I'd say I'm an average fan and Meggs might be slightly below-average. But around the dorm, many people seem to know us by are extreme appreciation for the band. Travis and Adam are minimal fans, but they love alternative (Adam's a huge Beck fan, and Travis enjoys Nirvana more than anyone I know.)

Travis and I watched the new Best Of DVD last Christmas and he fell in love with it.

Also, HelloAngel was extremely helpful in providing a list of hotels Interferencers stayed at the Opening weekend of the U2 exhibit. I am going to research the hotel prices for the April 12th weekend, but if anyone could weigh in with their suggestions or opinions it would be greatly appreciated (it's finals week at school so my time is limited, and this Friday I'll be out of the country for a week.) Here's the list she compiled:

Holiday Inn Lakeside
Fairfield Inn in Brook Park
Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
Holiday Inn Express on Euclid
Wyndham on Euclid
Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade
Hampton Inn on 9th Street

Thanks so much, and have lovely weekends! - Matt

I miss these guys

ps: here's a pic of Adam, Travis and myself as attached in case anyone fears us biting! ~circa August 2002~

Attachments

• nerdposse.jpg
    nerdposse.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 99
Hi, Matt! My dad and I have been toying with the idea of going down there for a Saturday this spring. Unfortunately, that Saturday is going to be at the end of a busy week for me. BUT...it's still a possibility.

Shucks, looks like I'm gonna have something going on for Big Brothers, Big Sisters that Saturday. I really don't want to cancel on my little either.

Sorry I can't join ya...we'll hook up again sometime though, Matt! We had too much fun to never hang out again! :hug:

I have been to Cleveland and as much as I loved it there, I stayed in a hotel in which the 'concierge' was behind a piece of 2 inch thick bulletproof plexi-glass.

Maybe I stayed in teh wrong place.

I am dying to see the exhibit, tho...

ouizy said:
I have been to Cleveland and as much as I loved it there, I stayed in a hotel in which the 'concierge' was behind a piece of 2 inch thick bulletproof plexi-glass.

Maybe I stayed in teh wrong place.

You didn't happen to meet a character by the name of Winky McG, did you? :shifty:

...back from spring break :)

Right now it's looking like either the Hampton Inn (216-241-6600)
or Holiday Inn Select-City Ctr (216-241-5100) both doubles @ $79 for Saturday April 12th. Both are close and inexpensive.

Kat, I understand about you having to support your little. We will hang out again. If anything changes, give me a ring/pm/email.

Gabriel, thanks for the info on Zoostation playing. Looks like they're in Lakewood that eveing so not too far from downtown.

hey everyone!

For those of you interested in the Zoo Station show, here are the details:

When: Saturday, April 12th
Where: Brendan O'neills, Westlake, Ohio
Time: They start playing around 9pm or 10pm (if you get there early enough you'll beat the cover charge)

Brendan O'neills is a great irish pub! Food is fanstastic, atmosphere is awesome, and of course plenty of Guinness!! Zoo Station always puts on an incredible show there!!!!

Hope that helps those of you coming in from out of town!

dookiefresh,

Thanks a lot for the info on Brendan O'neills. I was going to call them today and ask when a good time to arrive would be, but now you've saved me the time. Thanks a bunch.

Kat - spring break was quite the beautiful collection of days

Back
Top Bottom