Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
So I'm back home now, sorry more of you couldn't come :( Hopefully we can try again in a few months when the weather is warmer, sheesh, talk about being ball-freezing cold right now!

I had the pleasure to meet several Interferencers, though I'm sure I missed a few, and I'm kinda sorry we didn't figure out something to ID ourselves before we left :angry: But people I did get to meet were:

-Joel/Elvis
-Carrie/HelloAngel
-MK/U2SavesTheWorld
-Lemon Meringue and Walkron
-Scarletwine
-April/LarryMullensPopAngel
-LadyLemon
-Arun V
-gabrielvox
-Elvis Presley and his new girlfriend ;)
-Otto
-Danno
-MysteryGirl
-Sac-man (ok, so I didn't actually get to *meet* him, just got within about 5 feet of him)
-CMM
-And of course I was with my cohorts in crime Ultraviolet Light, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, StoriesForBoys, and Kristie

Wish we all could have coordinated getting together, we know better for next time I guess (sorry we missed you Sat night April :sad: ). The exhibit is awesome, I definitely want to go back when there aren't 20 people reading over my shoulder :yes:

I thought Elevation did a great job, Danno has his part down well. Checked out the Cleveland group with Elvis Presley on Sat night, also good with great instrumental backing.

I know I posed for a few pics so I hope those of you with the cameras will be posting soon! :wave:

Last edited:
Kristie said:
I missed meeting almost everyone, I was sad... :sad:
WHERE WERE YOU PEOPLE??

I, for one, was continuously changing connecting flights in the middle of a blizzard here in lovely Rhode Island on Friday. And then once we finally made it out of the state, our flight from Pittsburgh to Cleveland was CANCELLED. We ended up being sent in a cab by US Airways to the hotel, finally arriving at 1:30 Saturday morning sans checked luggage. They weren't kidding when they called it In the Name of Love!

But I was there Saturday night standing in line surrounding by random people calling themselves "Zootops" and wondering who might be from Interference. I was also sad I didn't find anyone! Of course, I didn't go around saying, "Hi, I'm from Interference; you too?" I think I might have spoken to some...was anyone here intensely studying that white patch on Edge's 7 t-shirt in the Elevation stage outfits display? I was the one who admitted to throwing my arms in the air in my car during Beautiful Day.

Elevation was GREAT; I saw Danno walking around the exhibit a few times and got a little week in the knees, he had it so dead on. My brother dragged me out at 1:30, reminding me that I'd dragged him all over Cleveland starting at 8:30 that morning in search of clothes and toothpaste. I'm still hoarse from singing and cheering.

I'd do it again during warmer weather! The photo exhibit changes soon- we should plan another takeover then!

Yeah what a blast! But I think some people that I met forgot to tell me their screennames...lol..but I distinctly remember bonosloveslave and scarletwine, Elvis, ummmm....ok the hangover...yeah, that's it...LOL...

But I remember meeting loads of people and taking loads of pics, so I'll have to post them up somehow when we get them developed!

What a great weekend!

I felt like I was in a shrine at the RnRHOF....I was one of the last to leave they literally had to kick me out! :)

Great time at both the Elevation and Zoo Station shows. Different concepts in bands but both were a real blast!

Look out Cleveland, we're comin back in the spring!!!!

Schmeg said:
Elevation was GREAT; I saw Danno walking around the exhibit a few times and got a little week in the knees, he had it so dead on. My brother dragged me out at 1:30, reminding me that I'd dragged him all over Cleveland starting at 8:30 that morning in search of clothes and toothpaste. I'm still hoarse from singing and cheering.

indeed, they were really good...

anyone happen to notice a girl walking around the HRC Saturday looking like a big red and black Adam-pants-pattern blood clot?
Yeah, that was me.

P1000332.jpg

anyone know any of these crazy kids????

:wink:

Re: Tribute band set list?

The_acrobat said:
I'm curious as to what they played.

Anyone know?

Both bands played fairly common U2 standards.

Less common songs played:

Friday with Elevation at the HR was "God Part II"..really liked that..

Saturday at Flannery's with Zoostation they did Silver and Gold into When Love Comes To Town, AND!!!! they did Wire...very cool..

gabrielvox said:
OMG!!!

(runs and hides)

:lol:

Did I get to meet you Elvis Presley?

maybe for a sec, i was hanging with bonosloveslave and my girl, thought you might like the pics though, i have one or two more I will post as well......

Did the band show up?

No - but for a moment at the RnRHoF there was scattered hope. As the curator was beginning his speech about how the collection came together, bagpipes started to play from the level below and as they came up I could hear the murmurs around me "What was happening?" Even the curator was a little confused. The band had sent a local bagpipe quartet with a message of regret for not joining us and thanks.

The collection was like going through a time warp. I saw so many things that I had/have it was surreal. What was even more surreal was the look alikes wandering around. My college roomie had met up with me for the weekend and I had to translate from U2 speak into English. :lol:

Elevation was awesome. Danno has all the Bono details down - even the sleeve tugging.

It was C O L D. Friday night we were ambitious and walked to the HRC from our hotel. After that it was driving - despite the garage fees.

I met many people - was excited to see everyone.:wave:

A LOT of FUN!!!:drunk:

Elvis Presley said:
P1000344.jpg

Gabriel Vox on the mic with ZooStations frontman..........

Alright. I'm confused. Which one is the singer?

Cuz that looks like gabirel on the left.. but the guy on the right looks
absolutely nothing like Bono. :|

Plus Elvis you should tell us who the ladies are in the picture.
I know who they are but maybe others dont.

What kind of picture poster are you?!? :mad: :p

Sicy said:

Alright. I'm confused. Which one is the singer?

Cuz that looks like gabirel on the left.. but the guy on the right looks
absolutely nothing like Bono. :|

Plus Elvis you should tell us who the ladies are in the picture.
I know who they are but maybe others dont.

What kind of picture poster are you?!? :mad: :p

Im still learning Sicy, the lovely ladies in the first pic are bonosloveslave in red, U2savestheworld on the right in the blue and I swear I cant remember the cutie in the middle in whites name.....runs to hide.....

as far as the pic above, it is Gabriel with the Zoostation lead singer, no he doesnt look like Bono, but hes good, and was fun to watch.......ive got a few more here somewhere....:wink:

Elvis Presley said:

...the Zoostation lead singer, no he doesnt look like Bono, but hes good, and was fun to watch.......

:yes: :up:

Yup, dude doesnt try to look like Bono, but he can sing and he's got soul! :) Very nice guy too, down to earth and completely cool.

The whole band are a real cool bunch of guys...they came back to our hotel and partied with us till 5 or 6 in the morning!

the one in the middle is ellen (ultraviolet light)....cleveland was good times :wink:...i, too, wish we would have worn light blue stars or something to show we were from interference...cause although i did meet many interferencers, for the most part it was people i already knew well rather then meeting new people...but o well...i did spend a bit of quality time with many of the u2 gta people...

we'll have to do this again some time...:up:

Thanks Stories, i should have known that, too much Guinness maybe.......

heres a couple more random shots....

P1000352.jpg

me rocking out at Flannerys.............:wink:

P1000357.jpg

another of zoostation and gabriel...

P1000329.jpg

me and julie.....

YellowKite said:

No - but for a moment at the RnRHoF there was scattered hope. As the curator was beginning his speech about how the collection came together, bagpipes started to play from the level below and as they came up I could hear the murmurs around me "What was happening?" Even the curator was a little confused. The band had sent a local bagpipe quartet with a message of regret for not joining us and thanks.

The collection was like going through a time warp. I saw so many things that I had/have it was surreal. What was even more surreal was the look alikes wandering around. My college roomie had met up with me for the weekend and I had to translate from U2 speak into English. :lol:

Elevation was awesome. Danno has all the Bono details down - even the sleeve tugging.

It was C O L D. Friday night we were ambitious and walked to the HRC from our hotel. After that it was driving - despite the garage fees.

I met many people - was excited to see everyone.:wave:

A LOT of FUN!!!:drunk:

I met a couple on my hotel shuttle to the airport the next morning who knew the curator, and spoke to him after the bagpipe thing. They said he was PISSED because he wasn't expecting it. Apparently, some of his assistants knew and didn't tell him. I thought it was great. I also figured there was NO WAY U2 could be behind them because I was right in the front of the little pathway the crowd made, and the message was all but delivered directly to my brother and me.

The couple I met also said Larry was supposed to come, and they had him until the last minute.

The exhibit was like HOME; I heard people making bad U2 puns and laughing, the curator had to define which "edge" he was speaking of when talking about something hanging over the edge...things I do every day of my life but no one else seems to notice! I wanted to reach in and touch all those handwritten lyrics. My brother even got way into it, and I was expecting him to resist and make fun of me. We watched the History Mix on the 90's floor all the way through three or four times. I'll have him doing the Boom Cha dance soon...:mac:

Did anyone notice the mislabeled pictures in the Anton exhibit? That one escaped even me; Jim picked up on it. the PopBono picture waaay in the corner was labeled "Bono 2001, Los Angelos", and the picture of Bono sitting on amotorcylcle in an Elevation leather jacket was labeled "Bono, 1997, Los Angleos." Jim looked at the Pop picture and commented, "I Don't think that's right; he never had a shaved head in 2001."

Sorry about the novel of a post! But one question: Does ANYONE have pictures from Saturday's HRC show? I forgot my camera!!!:scream:

Stories for Boys said:
the one in the middle is ellen (ultraviolet light)

Yep, that's me looking like I'm in pain as I always do in pictures. ;)

I believe this picture is from Friday's HRC show, I think Lies (LivLuvAndBootlegMusic) has some from Saturday on her camera.
2839.jpg

Lies is in the red next to Answer Guy (in the white shirt and knit hat), I'm next to her in royal blue, Beth (bonosloveslave) is behind Lies in light blue, and Laura (Stories for Boys) is next to me and behind the guy in the yellow shirt. Are there any other Interferencers in there?

I found a few other pictures from Friday (I think Friday...maybe Saturday, ah well, one or the other) but class calls, so I'll post them later.

:wave: It was great to meet you guys, and the exhibit was definitley awesome!

Back
Top Bottom