Cleveland III !!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beezd26

The Fly
Hi's all,

I just got word that Cleveland III is happening Febuary 27-28. As of now Elevation USA is playing at the Hard Rock Cleveland both nights. All details are yet to be determined because it was just announced. Tons more plans are in the works. So spread the word, book your tickets, its time for U2 fans to rock Cleveland one last time.

Woo-hoo!!!!1111/ :hyper:

This is VERY good news to me! One of my favorite bands sending off the exhibit in grand U2 style!

:dance:

I can't wait!!
Only a little over a month to wait......

HOTEL INFO: Most people will be trying to stay at the Marriot Residence Inn, so hope to see you all there for Cleveland III.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
how many people are really going?

....I think there's about 20 coming from U2-Midwest. Maybe more because there are plenty of lurkers on there.

From The Gredge...

Hi All,

With details and plans coming together for "Cleveland III", I thought I would update everyone.
This should be regarded as an "official annoucement" on the festivities.

Friday and Saturday Febuary 27 - 28, 2004
"Cleveland III" - a U2 fan gathering
Downtown Cleveland, OH

*** please note, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has annouced this WILL be the final weekend of the U2 exhibit - however, the Hall of Fame will not be involved, nor endorses any of the following activities, and has no plans to hold any festivities of thier own that weekend.

Friday Febuary 27

Elevation USA performs at the Hard Rock Cafe - doors "officially" open at 9pm, showtime is 10pm 'til 1am, there is limited capacity, please arrive early enough to ensure admittance.
Admission will be in the $5 - $8 range
There will be door prizes and giveaways throughout the night.

Saturday Febuary 28

U2 Fan Gathering
Marriott Residence Inn on Prospect Ave.
Downtown Cleveland, OH
8am 'til 5pm
Admission FREE
some activities planned are:
- door prizes, giveaways
- vendors with U2 collectibles
- Video viewing area
- U2 craft table
- Live band Karaoke and short "unplugged" set by Elevation USA - the U2 tribute band that performed at the opening weekend last Febuary. Winner of the Karaoke contest will have the choice to perform their winning rendition of a U2 song with Elevation Saturday night at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Elevation USA performs at the Hard Rock Cafe, once again doors "open" at 9pm, admission $5 - $8, there are no discounted or free admissions with a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame wristband as the Rock Hall is not affiliated with this weekend's events.
Door prizes and giveaways throughout the night, Elevation USA takes the stage at 10pm and will play until 1am. once again please arrive early enough for admittance.

Feel free to copy and paste this annoucement and mail to other U2 online groups.
Also, if there are any "rumors" or questions you may have about the weekend's event, please email me privately or post on U2 Midwest as I am one of the weekend's organizors.
There is also information on www.ElevationUSA.com.
Thanks, we're looking forward to a great weekend with fans of the greatest band in the world - U2.

Greg Flamm
Elevation USA

Just thought I'd expand on Edgette's post.....

Remember to check www.ElevationUSA.com for the?latest OFFICIAL?info.

*** DISCLAIMER!! please note, This WILL be the final weekend of the U2 exhibit. Any places other than the Hard Rock Cafe-Cleveland and the Marriott Residence Inn will not be involved in this event. ***

Also, if there are any "rumors" or questions you may have about the weekend's event, please email?Greg Flamm gredge2003@yahoo.com?privately or post on U2-Midwest as?he is one of the weekend's organizors. For Exhibitor information you may contact Brian Streeter BrunoKiss1@aol.com.
Remember, the official info wil be at?www.ElevationUSA.com.
Thanks, we're looking forward to a great weekend with fans of the greatest band in the world - U2.

this thread is run over by midwesters...heh...but for those of you non-midwest people...i, too, am going.

don't miss out on this...it'll be a blast!

*bump*

ok, guys...less than a week away, are you ready? things are falling into place quite nicely on the planning end...i'll just say this: YOU AREN'T GOING TO WANT TO MISS THIS!

see you in 6 days!

Yay I'm so excited except i got like two weeks worth of work to do in 4 days for this thing. EEkk
BTW Laura, the rickenbacker misses you. It was very sad this weekend. But its getting excited cause it knows it gets to see you soon. lol

:hyper: quite possibly the best part!

uh...:shifty:...i mean i can't wait to see you guys :shifty:

:hug: rickenbacker :hug:

in all seriousness though, the past two clevelands have been the most fabulous way to get to know people as u2-crazy as yourself...just think, blair...last cleveland i barely knew you!

everyone who has the possibility should definately go...these people are your soul mates! heh...

I may decide to go solo on a cheap Continental deal from NJ this weekend. Anyone wanna split a hotel room?

crulewich said:
I may decide to go solo on a cheap Continental deal from NJ this weekend. Anyone wanna split a hotel room?

Check out the yahoo group U2-Midwest. I know a lot of people are rooming together and maybe some people have an extra space. Just post on there and I'm sure someone will be able to hook you up.

You better come. Its going to be an awesome time.

less than 2 days guys....getting ready?

*dork* *sings* people get ready, there's a convention a' comin'...

Ok so I'm gettin ready to go in about an hour yay. I'll break in Cleveland for ya all. Can't wait to see you guys.

Adios

Ok so now I think I have partialy recovered from the crazy weekend. I did find out I am alergic to Ohio. The second I crossed into Ohio I started sneezing and I didn't feel better till we left. sniff sniff. I didn't let that stop me from having fun though, it only prevented me from bellydancing saturday night.

I want to thank everyone who came out. Cleveland was a blast. Ummm hmm what else I can't get a stream of consciousness going cause there's too much to say.

Elevation definately rocked Cleveland on Friday and Saturday night. It was super cool Saturday night when Gredge brought up Captive from Exit and Squish aka Laura from U2 midwest to play guitar on Knocking on Heaven's door.

The fan gathering on Saturday was kick arse. You gotta love live band karaoke. Laura I must say our verson of Please will never be topped by anyone else.

Oh and Laura and I learned a valuable lesson in Cleveland that I would like to share with you all. Never try to operate an elevator when you haven't had enough sleep...definately not a good thing.

Ok that's all I can get out now. I'm sure I'll be postin later. I'll try and get some pics up as I hope other people will too

Adios
Blair

beezd26 said:
It was super cool Saturday night when Gredge brought up Captive from Exit and Squish aka Laura from U2 midwest to play guitar on Knocking on Heaven's door.

The fan gathering on Saturday was kick arse. You gotta love live band karaoke. Laura I must say our verson of Please will never be topped by anyone else.

Oh and Laura and I learned a valuable lesson in Cleveland that I would like to share with you all. Never try to operate an elevator when you haven't had enough sleep...definately not a good thing.

lmao...i had almost forgotten about that...yeah, uh...you have to push the floor you want.

and our version of please did kick ass...with the little interludes of laughter, your congestion and my super-low-voice-almost-gone voice...good times

and as scared as i was to play guitar in front of hoards of obsessive u2 fans, it was a blast. a year ago when i saw elevation for the first time, i would have never guessed i'd be playing guitar with them on that very stage 13 months later...

cleveland was awesome...can't wait for cleveland 4 :wink:

Back
Top Bottom