Clawfest - possible U2 360 fan reunion with tribute band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow moog

War Child
For all the 360 withdrawal we're all feeling (some more than others) we need to setup a fan reunion for sometime next year to help fill the gap between this tour and the next one!
What I would like is if we can get setup a reunion and an agreement as to where, when and how many are going.
I also think we need a U2 tribute band to play the songs we've all been desperately waiting for U2 to crank out. We hire em, they play em, simple as :)
I've already contacted my local U2 tribute band U2 by UV who I saw St Paddy's Day and they were brilliant. If we get say 100 to 150 of us, we can get them for probably about 30 US Dollars a head
I will create a poll lsiting the places and dates.
Right now, Im thinking the places to start off the list would be
1. Las Vegas
2. Miami/Ft Lauderdale
3. The Florida Keys (can you think of anywhere netter?)
4. Dublin
5. 3 or 4 day cruise to the bahamas (200-350 bucks each for cruise, less if more share each cabin)

For time, probably around April or May 2012 would be good.

Please everyone, invite whoever you want to this group and all suggestions are welcome. We don't need anymore little clique controversies as I've seen on various U2 forums and facebook groups in the last few weeks!!All are welcome. EVERYONE!!!
But we will need to get the ball rolling on this within 2 to 3 weeks to get everything sorted. That does not mean all payments up front as I know we're all hurting pretty bad right now ;)
For now, we just need to agree on when and where and what tribute band, the rest can come later. Please help me out and make this a special event for all of us :)

I have create a facebook group for this :

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_239425946090459&notif_t=group_r2j

Please join the group for those of you on Facebook and pass the link on to anyone who may be interested. I know some small other gatherings are in the planning stages but lets make this a monumental reunion with 100-200 hardcore U2 nuts somewhere. :applaud:

Looking like it will probably be Las Vegas!! :applaud:

To accomodate the large percentage of teachers, July is looking like the date but again, please go and vote in the facebook page for those of you interested. :wave:

I would be able to make it to Vegas...this is a great idea! I don't do facebook, so will you keep this thread updated? thank you!

I would be able to make it to Vegas...this is a great idea! I don't do facebook, so will you keep this thread updated? thank you!

Hi. Yes i'll try and keep you guys posted.

Right now it's looking like July is the popular choice but if you join up the poll for the date is till going to be active for at least 10 more days so you're very welcome to vote :)

If may be hotter than hell in july but we'll be spending most of the time indoors right :) so no big deal for me :) We won't be doing the GA queueing in the "roast your chestnuts" burning sun so we should be good :)

The link again incase it somehow isnt working above is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/U2fanreunion2012/

This is still on - July 14th. The bands will be Elevation (Canada) and U2JT out of LA.

They will be playing at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Cafe on the strip, not the hotel.

so so bummed!!! my parents' 60th anniversary is july 12th (of course, THAT'S not what i'm bummed about), so i will not be able to make it. i was so looking forward to this gig, but 60 yrs... that's pretty awesome. can't miss that for anything. thanks for putting this together - i'm sure many will see; many will see and hear.

(as a side note, i took my very cool mom - 81 at the time - with all my sisters to see the boys at anaheim 2 - that was pretty dang amazing. she still talks about it.)

Yeah I'm bummed too. I would have liked to be there but it's the same weekend as Comic-con which I already had tickets for. Have fun everyone!

CLAWFEST UPDATES INFO June 2, 2012

If you have not seen any of the recent activity on the Cawfests Facebook page, here is a summary of what is going on. Brendan has had to pull out of organizing the event due to personal reasons. I, Chas the Faux Edge and manager of The Joshua Tree, have stepped in to take over. Everything is proceeding as planned for the event on Saturday July 14, 2012 at the Hard Rock on The Strip in Las Vegas, NV. The concert starts at 9PM!

I received the list of people that have paid from Brendan. If you have already paid, please check the "Clawfest Ticket List" in the files section of the FB page to confirm you're on there. If you have paid and your name is missing, let me know!!

If you want to attend, tickets are $45 each. You can pay via Paypal to chedge@gmail.com. If you need to pay by check or money order, please FB message or email me.

Ticket cost includes:

The JT/Elevation concert (Elevation performing Achtung Baby album, Joshua Tree performing The Joshua Tree album)
Early VIP entry to Hard Rock on The Strip concert venue
VIP lounge at Hard Rock on The Strip
20% discount on dinner at Hard Rock that night
Private after party with JT and Elevation playing fan request songs (These are song voted on by Clawfest attendees)
Clawfest t-shirt
VIP access laminate.

Deadline for tickets is Monday June 25th, but it would be much appreciated if you can get on it sooner than later.

Although there is nothing "formally" planning for Friday night, I am working on putting something together. If there are any musicians from other U2 Tributes that are planning on coming to Clawfest, please email me. I have an idea for Friday night!

If you have any questions about Clawfest, where to stay in Vegas, what we have planned or anything else, please let me know

In The Name of Love,

Chas,
The Joshua Tree
U2JT.COM@gmail.com

U2JT :: A Tribute to U2 The Joshua Tree

ELEVATION : A U2 Tribute Show Elevation International

Back
Top Bottom