Class of 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hello all!

I just finished my slight search through this forum, and found a lot of older threads. But I wanted to conclude with a thread for those who will be going to college at about this time.

I wait listed, and won't be leaving until January...
But I'm happy with my decision

But a lot of my friends are leaving within the next two weeks, so that is why I figured I would start up a thread here.
Don't be afraid to talk about majors or anything else.
Don't be afrait to say "undeclared", because that's what I did

Though I was going originally to try for something in psych, but... who knows

I'm For Honor//Jesse
Going to SUNY (State University of New York) @ Geneseo in January

Not sure about my major

But I know I will be coming with a vengence...
I really want to work hard in college, and I have plenty of reasons to do so.....

See you all around.

University of Ottawa, (Honors) History - Bachelor of Arts (4 year program), minor (concentration) in English (3 years).

I hope to be a teacher.

I think I told you this awhile back For Honor, but ah well... doesn't hurt to drill it into everyone's head.:wink:

Good luck to my international peers!

Hey, I'm just glad someone has posted in this thread. I remember you a little, Needle Chill, but it is good to be refreshed.

In my old age, so many things go on in my head, and it's hard to remember.

Honestly..... going to college will be nice, because I'll be able to focus on just what needs to be done.

and women

But...

.......................... maybe both need to be 'done'?
:tongue:

Alright, I guess that comment was a bit much, but I couldn't help it. I'm oppertunistic like that. But schoolwork will be a priority! I mean that!

Well, I just got out of a relatively long relationship (14 months) a little while ago, and my parents told me to hold off on dating until I established things in University.

Now I'm in another relationship...:whistle:

lol, both need to be 'done'... you should try that as a pick up line!:wink:

My advice - don't worry about anything being serious until she is pushing for marriage.

If it's your personality to want to be married someday, you can talk about it with a girl, but I would avoid showing it. Let them chase you, and seek a commitment

I say this, ladies, out of great respect, and not being aplayer or anything. It's just that, as we all know, or at least should know, it is up to the woman to decide what she wants, and guys have no real control over it.

Ladies first, too, so it's best to let the girl say she wants you. (as far as serious things go, IMO)

But ladies, if your guy doesn't respond in a timley manner to your request for seriousness, then it's time to move on. That's how it goes.

========

I tried to give unbaised advice, though I am getting out of a situation myself, I believe.

I guess it's best to go to college with no strings attached, though.
THough my mom keeps warning me - see Jess, these are the kinds of girls your going to be up against.

For some reason, my mom thinks women will like me a lot in college.... "thanks mom".... :|

But college, schoolwork, will be my main focus, and I intend it to be that way. I don't like BS relationships, or fooling around stupidly....

Ah..... but I should stop now, before I write anotehr essay. lol

I consider myself the same way...

I hate when people go into a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship. If I ever thought that my relationship with someone was doomed to end from the start, I wouldn't be the same as a partner or person.

I think I get attached too easily, that's my problem... and in the last relationship I was in, I admit I was guilty of talking about commitment.

This relationship I'm in now is quite different from the last one... in a good way. I find that I feel less pressure, and that I can enjoy myself alot more. It is good not to always have the future and commitment in the back of your mind, although it will no doubt come through eventually.

As for marriage... I hope to be married someday. Preferably after University. The only thing I disagree with For Honor is the part about ignoring the urge to discuss the future/commitment with your partner. It shouldn't happen early, but once you have a close and trusting relationship with someone, I think a healthy dialogue is a must. Even if they do not want what you want, at least you know...

A woman shouldn't have to do all the chasing. I think it's good on a guy to take a responsible stance and help to support and discuss his thoughts.

Needle_Chill, you describe how I feel better than I can. I agree with you.

-----

There is a huge difference between communication and pushing for commitment. Looking back, my post is a bit extreme - I shouldn't have opened with "marriage" in the first sentance. I would assume that such a relationship, in that severity, has steps, etc.

But the point I was trying to get at, and probably missed, was that I feel it is best for the woman to suggest things become more serious first. However, with gentle insinuation, it can be brought up by the guy, and if the guy, or girl, whoever, wants to be in a serious relationship, then it should be brought up no matter what.

I don't attach to people too easily, and I certainly won't in the future. But when I do, and in my mind make a commitment to someone, then it is unbreakable, in my mind. That is why, for me, I have to be very selective and careful about who I choose to be in a serious relationship - not out of arrogance, but out of my own personal well being.

A lesson learned, perhaps.

Anyhow, I didn't mean for this to turn into a thread about relationships!!

BUt oh well.

I suppose that will be an inevitable part of college, even for people who want to be "estranged recluses", like my friend Z. Hahahaha.

Hmmm... I found a short, not neccesarily 100% accurate personality test a while ago, but it was kind of fun. Let me see if I can put it up here...

Hello, thought I would add to this thread. i move in next Friday. Temple University in center city Philadelphia...cant wait

Uni 100?

No, not really (should I?) Is it like some special course or something?

==========

Hello, mkdominatr and ribbons&bows

==========

Yes, I'm beginning to prepare for my move.
I'll be moving, and then going to college in January..

But it is good, makes it seem closer..............:|

I can't wait for college

Yes, do tell.

I need all the information I can get. Fortunately, I have a friend who will be "scouting the campus" for a few months, and I should be receiving intel while I wait to arrive in January....

Yes, yes indeed :rockon:

I know the next 4 years are going to be uncomparably great compared to the last 4 years....

mainly because I'm better at being me :yes:

:rockon:

:banghead:

Uni100 is the worst class. Everything that we were supposed to be "learning" was either common sense or stuff we should be learning on our own.

If you don't have to take Uni100, consider yourself lucky

Back
Top Bottom