Chicago here we come!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So is everyone ready for the first great PLEBA convention? (may there be many more in the future :yes: )

We Twin Citians sure are getting excited. :D Should be a great weekend of fun times and hopefully we will make good memories and good friends. I think all the details are set. Lilly has done an excellent job of helming the planning and sorting. The hotel is booked...I'll be re-confirming with them today hopefully. Lots of fun party favors are being created...ooh yeah! And there's even a few local Chicago interferencer boys that are going to drop by and say hi hopefully (Foxxern and Dethveggy).

See you all in a few days!!!

-sula

Blarg! I don't even live horribly far from Chicago, but I just cannot spend the money. :(

Think of me!!!!!!!! I'll be wishin' I was hanging out with everybody!!!!!!!!! :)

woo!

i can't wait, and i know i won't be able to make it through the next 2 days of work...........................

i'll be rocking back and forth and ppl will think i'm crazy like.....come to think of it, if i don't end up making it, it's cause they commited me.......so yeah......

woo!

btw twin, YOU ROCK!!! :up:

cheers to shannon for doing a shitload of planning for us!

happy happy joy joy!

YAY!
dance2.gif

THANKS to Lilly for doing so much work! We love you! :D
*packs bags early in anticipation*

YAAAAY!!

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks to all those who helped this come together, especially Miss Lilly. All your hard work is about to pay off. :)

GAH! I can't wait for you guys to get here!!

*makes giant WELCOME TO CHICAGO BANNER*

*drapes it across Sears Tower and John Hancock Building*

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As part of the Welcome Brigade, I echo Gina's sentiments. Bring on the PLEBAns!!!

:) By the way, I LOVE the "tragic" signature! As a recent first-time viewer of "Entropy," I can now fully appreciate it.

YAY YAY YAY CHICAGO
YAY!
that's all I have to say

sula, since you won't answer my pms, I'm just going to put some stuff on your cd and hope you like it :D

Kristie said:
sula, since you won't answer my pms, I'm just going to put some stuff on your cd and hope you like it :D

doh! :silent: bad sula busy sula. :huh: Well, what I meant to write back and say was that I don't have a computer and prolly won't be living in the country much for the next two or three years and have access to a good one...soooo...I dunno if I can even view yon lovely CD. All that to say, don't worry if you can't make one for me. I may not be able to give it proper usage anyways. :huh:

btw, anyone who thinks this might be fun, lemme know...but for those of you who really want to be there and can't, I was just thinking...we could call ya from the hotel room some evening and you could say hi to a big ol' bunch of PLEBANS. :D Ok, kooky idea perhaps, but it just struck me, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Actually, I intend to call zoney on my cell phone and have him say hi to all of you while we're there. :yes:

Here's a possibility for the group!

I have some friends in another U2 group who live in the Chicago area. A few of them are interested in getting together with us. We came up with meeting Friday night around 8:00 at Fado Irish Pub. Here is some info about it:

"An authentic Irish Pub ! Designed and built in Ireland; it was shipped to America in several different pieces. Three levels of ornate woodwork; level three is available for private parties. Food served includes Shepherd's pie and Irish stew."

I will be going to meet them and I hope a few others can join me. It's a pretty fun place, I've been there a couple times before.

The address is 100 West Grand (at the corner of Clark and Grand)

Also I thought any local Chicago Interferencers might want to join us there, too! Party, party!

That's a great idea about calling some of us!!! You've got my number now, sula! Don't forget about me!!!!!! :D

Re: Here's a possibility for the group!

Lemon Meringue said:
I have some friends in another U2 group who live in the Chicago area. A few of them are interested in getting together with us. We came up with meeting Friday night around 8:00 at Fado Irish Pub. Here is some info about it:

"An authentic Irish Pub ! Designed and built in Ireland; it was shipped to America in several different pieces. Three levels of ornate woodwork; level three is available for private parties. Food served includes Shepherd's pie and Irish stew."

I will be going to meet them and I hope a few others can join me. It's a pretty fun place, I've been there a couple times before.

The address is 100 West Grand (at the corner of Clark and Grand)

Also I thought any local Chicago Interferencers might want to join us there, too! Party, party!

how old must you be? a couple of us (UNFOTUNATELY) are still 17.......

Have no fear!

From what I have been told, you do not have to be 21 to go to Fado. I think this is because it is also a resaurant and not just a bar. I know a 19-year-old who has been there with no problems. They just won't sell you any alcohol.

I will do some further checking, but I think we'll be jsut fine!:yes:

Re: Have no fear!

Lemon Meringue said:
From what I have been told, you do not have to be 21 to go to Fado. I think this is because it is also a resaurant and not just a bar. I know a 19-year-old who has been there with no problems. They just won't sell you any alcohol.

I will do some further checking, but I think we'll be jsut fine!:yes:

woo! sounds great....*packs more nice clothes*.....i guess i'll have to stray from my normal tshirt and jeans.....:sexywink:

i CAN'T WAIT!!!!

t minus an hour and a half and counting...........

oh, one more thing.

ladies, should I bring my vcr or not? It's pretty small and easy to hook up. I don't know if anyone is bringing vids or wants to watch some in the evenings, but I thought it would be worth tossing the idea out. I do have Outside It's America (soooo fun) and this awesome bootleg of Popmart Santiago. (Meringue and Ali Rose can back me up on this one...we died)

sulawesigirl4 said:
oh, one more thing.

ladies, should I bring my vcr or not? It's pretty small and easy to hook up. I don't know if anyone is bringing vids or wants to watch some in the evenings, but I thought it would be worth tossing the idea out. I do have Outside It's America (soooo fun) and this awesome bootleg of Popmart Santiago. (Meringue and Ali Rose can back me up on this one...we died)

i think kristie was planning on bringing her vcr.....but bring those vids! i'm planning on bringing a couple of mine......the one bc sent me and maybe the tape of death....err....the vh1 special....(that one was for you, ellen :sexywink: )...so yeah....you may want to check with her though.......

see you tomorrow!!! :D :D :D

which Vh1 special? (just to make sure I don't bring the same stuff. lol)

Make sure that someone is definitely bringing a player if we're going to bother to bring vids. :yes:

Oh, sula. You have NO idea what you're in for. ;) I am bringing so very many videos... :D

Btw, I really don't think it's necessary to dress up to get into Fado's. I've never been there, but as far as I know it's pretty casual. :)

DOODS! TOMORROW!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just as long as we make it a point to sit down together and watch both WGRYWH and Numb and :drool: all at once. :yes:

:D

eeeeeeek, it's tomorrowwwww! :D:D:D:D

sulawesigirl4 said:
which Vh1 special? (just to make sure I don't bring the same stuff. lol)

Make sure that someone is definitely bringing a player if we're going to bother to bring vids. :yes:

The "tape of death" (as laura so eloquently put it :)) has...ehm....
Leno from the day before Thanksgiving
VH1 Legends (w/the ATYCLB part)
Elevation Pre-show
The edited version of Boston (twice)
...and I think there might be something random at the end, but I can't remember...

And I think we're cramming Kristie's VCR into Lies' backpack.

Woo! Now the GRers are off to Indiana! *Hamish dance*
See you all tomorrow!!! :D

Then I'll be sure to bring the VH1 "Beautiful Day video premiere" special and some other fun things. :D

Ahhhhhhhhhg!

sulawesigirl4 said:
I do have Outside It's America (soooo fun) and this awesome bootleg of Popmart Santiago. (Meringue and Ali Rose can back me up on this one...we died)

Oh yeah. Everyone has to see that Popmart video!!! *faints*

I am bringing my little SONY boombox so we can play some tunes.

And just for fun...I have a U2 Karaoke disk with 10 songs on it. This might be pretty amusing. :lol:

Fado is a casual place, no need to dress up. You certainly can if you want to.:cute:

Back
Top Bottom