Chicago fans - going to see Elevation cover band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
Hey folks,

Seems like forever since I've been around here...

Anyways, I'll be in the city on Friday night seeing Elevation, the local U2 cover band, at the Cubby Bear. Its near Wrigley Field, should be good times. For those of you who, like me, braved the cold outside the United Center in October 2001, the lead singer "Danno" was out there as well. Show is at 10 pm, and I believe 21+ only. It's not U2, but maybe the next best thing. ;)

If anyone feels like looking for me, I'll be wearing a gold soccer jersey (Celtic away jersey, 2000), pretending like its Elevation (the tour) all over again. Gotta get the crowd into it, ya know. :)

Cheers!

i was at one of those u2 shows, slept out in the rain, was wet all day, good times

ive seen elevation in st louis, they are good, people should go

I'm not going to that show, but I'm going to see them in Cleveland on the 27th and 28th of February! :hyper:

Great band!

I'll be there along with a bunch of U2 midwest people. I may wear my adam shirt I made. Its the one from the Boston DVD. If I don't you'll recognize me cause during one of the songs I'll be all decked out in my bellydance costume!!!

I've personally seen Elevation about 5 times, usually south suburbs. They put on a great show- basically an entire U2 concert except they really reach for some lost tracks that the real band should consider putting back into their line up (whenever that happens)

By the way this is my first input on any forums here- been visiting this forum for about a year and reading many posts.

beezd said:
I'll be there along with a bunch of U2 midwest people. I may wear my adam shirt I made. Its the one from the Boston DVD. If I don't you'll recognize me cause during one of the songs I'll be all decked out in my bellydance costume!!!

Hey Beezd, a couple of questions for you.

1. Do you have any pics you can post of your home made Adam shirt? (I'm in a U2 trib. band in L.A. and we've been painstakingly re-creating their wardrobe from the Boston DVD-I'd like to see how yours turned out)

2. Are you Elevations official bellydancer that I've seen pics of on their site?

Thanks,

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:

Hey Beezd, a couple of questions for you.

1. Do you have any pics you can post of your home made Adam shirt? (I'm in a U2 trib. band in L.A. and we've been painstakingly re-creating their wardrobe from the Boston DVD-I'd like to see how yours turned out)

2. Are you Elevations official bellydancer that I've seen pics of on their site?

Thanks,

Jason.

1) Ummm it may take me a bit to find a pic but I'll look for one and I'll post it as soon as I find it.

2) Yes I would be for ElevationUSA not Canada just to distinguish.

By the way what's your band called and you got a website?

Last edited:
beezd26 said:

1) Ummm it may take me a bit to find a pic but I'll look for one and I'll post it as soon as I find it.

2) Yes I would be for ElevationUSA not Canada just to distinguish.

By the way what's your band called and you got a website?

Hey Beezd, thanks for responding. My band was going to be called "One Tree Hill" but we are thinking of changing it to "October" or "The Electric Co." We haven't made a final decision just yet, I think we're going to have a conference call tonight to figure it out. I'll let you know as soon as we decide. As of right now, we don't have a website up. It is in the works though! We're just starting out as a U2 tribute although we've been together for two years now playing originals. We finally gave in and decided to do the full tribute since we were always playing U2 at our shows and during rehearsals and I've always been compared to Bono.

I have talked to Danno a few times already, picking his brain for ideas and to find out where he got his jackets made. I decided to buy one and make my own and it's turning out awesome! Danno's a hell of a nice guy though and really loves what he is doing. I'm envious, I'd really like to see us gain the status here in L.A. that Elevation has in Chicago.

Once more to clarify, you are in fact the bellydancer I've seen on their website and on the news video footage, right? I just want to make sure before I take the risk of making fool of myself here by saying you "lift my days, light up my nights!" Don't get me wrong, I'm happily married and mean no harm. I'm just a sucker for brunettes-especially when they are bellydancers! Any time you want to come out to Califorinia and dance to Mysterious Ways out here for us, you just let me know. That is, if Elevation is willing to loan you out! They are lucky to have you, you add a lot to the show.

Anyway, post the pics when you can or you can e-mail them to me at:

bonobjones@aol.com

My bass player would love to see them as well.

God bless,

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:
1. Do you have any pics you can post of your home made Adam shirt?

hello. i'm laura. i claim no part in the phenomenon that is elevation, except the fact that i'm a friend...but beezd there did happen to make me my very own adam shirt for halloween. i have a picture of me wearing it, so i'll post that for you. it's fantastic....thanks again, blair :)

338%3A%3B93923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E8%3A7%3E6%3B3%3EWSNRCG%3D3232556%3B93%3B27nu0mrj

don't mind the living dead edge next to me...:wink:

Cool shirt Laura! I know my bass player would be very interested in purchasing a shirt from Beezd if she's interested in making another one. That one looks excellent! My Edge has already made three #7 shirts and sold two on E-Bay.

Thanks for posting the picture and if you talk to Beezd, let her know that I am interested in buying a shirt from her if she would make me one.

BTW, I told Beezd in my earlier post that I'd tell her the name of my U2 tribute band once we decided-well we finally came to a decision and went with The Joshua Tree. We were going to go with something a little more obscure like The Electric Co. but being that we're in L.A. we need to make it a little more obvious. You know us Californian's, we're not the brightest bulbs.:p We thought it would be better for advertising shows and such. We'll have a website up soon, I'll post the address for those in So. Cal who are interested.

Thanks again!

Jason.

I just saw Elevation last week in Cleveland for the first time :drool: It was amazing! I hope I can get to Chicago sometime this summer to see them again :)

Back
Top Bottom