Central Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobatic

War Child
There has to be a HUGE contigency in Central Fl. Lakeland, Winter Haven, Orlando, Tampa. . .Where are you, let's party!!!!

For all the people who post on here from Tampa and Orlando, I can't believe no one cares to gather. :scratch:

Well, I guess we'll all be together in November. . .8 long months away. . .unless Hurricanes Adam, Bono, Edge and Larry stop by in Sept. and Oct.. Hope the Palace is Hurricane proof! :uhoh:

If anyone passes through the no mans land that is Lakeland, the Guinness is on me.

You called it, Acrobatic! I'm comin' over!

How does Busch Gardens sound as a meeting place? I hope you got your annual pass, because that's the only thing to do down here. Or, in May (13th, I think), I'll most likely be traveling to Orlando for the Cornerstone Festival, to see ZAO. But - hey - we're like neighbors! Don't have to wait that long. Neighbors without borders...

Only one problem for later this year; I got no tickets! You may have heard of us, but I'm a GA-only person.

Now,
"I can't believe no one cares to gather. "

Whhhaa..?! What's wrong? I can't believe you peeps! Nothin's happinin'

Is it because I ain't got no tix?? Just 'cause I'm an outcast!

See me in the Dream Out Loud

Alright, U2 fans near me. I live in Largo (home of the best guinnes outside ireland). i live about 20 miles from tampa, near the beach. we all need to get together and have a huge u2 party the day before the tampa show. also, anyone know of any u2 cover bands around here?

Whoops! Hit the wrong button and started a new thread when I didn't mean to!!! I live in Tampa about 5 minutes from the St. Pete Times Forum, and between my apartment and the Forum is a thatched-roof Irish pub called Four Green Fields. Now come on, what could be better for a meeting place than an Irish pub that's within staggering distance of the Forum? Afterwards, when we have drained every last drop of Guinness out of FGF, we can head over to my place for the after-show-party party. Busch Gardens is cool and all, but it's 25 minutes from the Forum. Sound like a good plan?

tampadan, sounds good to me. we might be having a preshow party at our place on the 15th day before the show. we can all get together. we have about 4 of us going to Miami (2nd night) also.

The more pre-parties the better

Hey, the more pre-parties the merrier! I'd love to get together the night before. Here in South Tampa we're blessed with not one but actually two excellent Irish places, Four Green Fields and another called MacDinton's that's only about four miles from the Forum. Also, I work for a wine store and we could have a gathering there as well.

My close friend owns an irish pub here in largo, and we could meet there one night. he has the best guinness anywhere!!!

largoedge said:
My close friend owns an irish pub here in largo, and we could meet there one night. he has the best guinness anywhere!!!

Which pub is that? We could do multiple pubs - that would be really cool! There's also the Harp & Thistle over on St. Pete Beach that I've heard good things about. This is going to be really cool - it's great to make new friends this way. One of the best uses of the Internet, for sure.

You can tell from the info on my side that I'm from the area. I couldn't get tickets for any FL show - also did turn down anything but GA (sorry, GA is where I live) - but I'll still be there the day of the show in Tampa, stand in line and maybe some tickets will be released, as lore on this forum says.

Bush Gardens is a great place, I'll second that. If you don't have your pass already, get it before more of the year rolls over.

And Hello Kitty, are you still listening? I'm not sure what that in your signature means but I may wanna hit'u up on that offer...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom