Celebrate Bono's Birthday in Austin TX !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi EveryONE,

I know that this is short notice (I just found out about it last night) but there will be a "birthday party" tomorrow night in Austin to celebrate Bono's special day!

Check out some more info on this at the link below:

http://www.one. org/event/ events/event. html?event_ id=425&id=

Mother Egan's Irish Pub
715 West 6th Street
10 May, 8:30 PM

Bono's Birthday Party is full concert experience featuring bands from all over Texas playing their favorite U2 songs. Additionally, we will have a multimedia presentation of U2 videos, concert footage and artwork projected on a big screen.

This event is being held at Mother Egan's, an Irish pub, and those of us in AustinONE were asked to show up to staff a ONE booth - and so I'm going. (smile)

I hope that other ONE supporters will show up too.

So please - if you're in the Austin TX area tomorrow night and would like something U2 to do for Bono's special day, check this out. You won't be disappointed.

All In the Name of Love....

Take very good care, my friends. Blessings always.

ONE HEART, ONE HOPE, ONE LOVE - debbie :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Thanks Carek for your support on this endeavor. It was a GREAT event and a very good time!

I'm writing up a report on Bono's "birthday party" in Austin last night and will post more about it when the report is finished.:yes:

I was able to sign up another 120 people for ONE - probably one of the better b-day presents that someone could give the B-man.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Tonight, around the world, people will be gathering in their communities to remember the nearly 40 MILLION people who have lost their lives to AIDS and to recommit themselves to stop the spread of this completely unnecessary virus around the world.

These gatherings are called the "Candlelight Memorial Service" and there just may be one in your area of the world.

There will be a Candlelight Memorial Service in my community and, for the fifth year in a row, I will be speaking about the AIDS pandemic in Africa and of the role that ONE is playing to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS & extreme poverty.

Here is some info about that gathering:

(Austin, TX) Mark your calendars: This year's 25th International AIDS Candlelight Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, May 18, from 8pm - 9:30pm at Republic Square Park located at the southwest corner of the park.

(4th and San Antonio Streets)

This year's theme, selected & sponsored by the Global Health Council, the Voice of Global Health, is “Never Give Up, Never Forget.
” ww. globalhealth. org

This theme reflects the crossroads in time this Memorial represents & reminding those that we should remember those lost, as well as never to give up the collective fight against this disease. This annual historic local event is in its 9th year and is held simultaneously along with more than 1,200 other communities in 119 countries to participate in this, the world’s largest & oldest grassroots event fighting HIV/AIDS since 1983. This Memorial is free and open to the public.

Its purpose is to honor the memory of those lost or affected by AIDS, as well as raise awareness, educate & advocate for policy change, and to create community dialog, while breaking down social barriers, & giving hope to future generations. Participants are asked to bring their families, friends, co-workers and their candles to help remember.

For more information, visit www.candlelightmemorial. org

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you are in the Austin TX area tonight - please feel free to join us!

If not, please check out if there's an event in your area by going to www. candlelightmemorial. org. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom