Canadians in the House!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone,

I'm moving to Vancouver in October for a year, just wanted to meet some canadian U2 fans:) Does anyone know of any U2 gatherings/meetups in Vancouver or nearby areas?

Thanksandy@hotmail.com

Andrew

Hey Andrew :) Vancouver is gorgeous (lived there once upon a time), hope you enjoy!
In case you haven't checked it out already this Interference Gatherings - U2 Feedback is an entire section of interference.com for posting meetings/ gatherings.

Hey is there anyone here from Ottawa? :shifty:

I'm moving to Hull which is just across the river on the Québec side. Would like to meet someone! :)

Well, I met a few in Toronto last November for Into The Heart, but I saw dozens walking in the streets of TO.
I have never seen more women to men ratio (Favoring men)...anywhere.:up:

Well, I met a few in Toronto last November for Into The Heart, but I saw dozens walking in the streets of TO.
I have never seen more women to men ratio (Favoring men)...anywhere.:up:

Dude, I'm telling you this and it's not a lie: The best looking women on the continent are in Montreal. There are beautiful women everywhere (even in Toronto) but the sheer number of them in this city is staggering. I suggest you come out here for a week or two and I'll show you around and you're guaranteed to have a good time.

I know I sound biased but I've heard a number of foreigners, both male and female (especially Americans), mention this as well.

I am surprised by that fact about Montreal, I would have thought Vancouver would have the most attractive people, like LA in the US.
Would anyone be able to recommend any areas to live in Vancouver and what places to avoid?

I misses Canookia.

And I'd have to disagree on the Montreal thing. Not vehemently, but still.

I am surprised by that fact about Montreal, I would have thought Vancouver would have the most attractive people, like LA in the US.
Would anyone be able to recommend any areas to live in Vancouver and what places to avoid?

I have heard this from other people as well.:up:

We have a melting pot of cultures, so the variety is there, just like other places in Canada and the United States. But what we have and others in North America don't is the French-Canadian factor, and it's for this reason that, in my opinion, the women here are especially beautiful.

I dated a California girl for a while, and when she moved here, she (as well as her friends that visited), said that she felt intimidated by the women here, mostly because of their looks and the way they dress.

I misses Canookia.

And I'd have to disagree on the Montreal thing. Not vehemently, but still.

That's OK. I saw some very good looking women in Toronto, Vancouver and in the Maritimes. But for me, there's no place like Montreal. :)

It would depend on a lot of things... what kind of price range are you looking at? Do you want to buy/rent? Are you looking to live right downtown?

I really love Kitsilano - it's one of my favourite communities in the Vancouver area. Not sure what the prices for housing are in that area, but there are some gorgeous houses, lots of excellent restaurants, etc.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions - I'm from the Vancouver area.

I think we need to drag the whole of Atlantic Canada into this forum. :angry: Except for those Nova Scotians, we have enough of them. :wink:

*cough* Bearing in mind I'm only on page 3, and there could likely be a whole host of Nova Scotians hiding on page 12 of this topic....

:wave: from Nova Scotia!

Dude, I'm telling you this and it's not a lie: The best looking women on the continent are in Montreal. There are beautiful women everywhere (even in Toronto) but the sheer number of them in this city is staggering. I suggest you come out here for a week or two and I'll show you around and you're guaranteed to have a good time.

I know I sound biased but I've heard a number of foreigners, both male and female (especially Americans), mention this as well.

You've never been to Halifax in the summer time. :drool:

Yeah, it's this new thing they tried last year. They gave us about two weeks of sun last July, to sort of get us accustomed to it not pissing rain and being foggy all the time, and this year they've decided to give us a whole two months. The girls seem to be getting used to it :drool:

It would depend on a lot of things... what kind of price range are you looking at? Do you want to buy/rent? Are you looking to live right downtown?

I should have been more specific:)

I'm looking for a furnished 1 bedroom apartment to rent for under $1200 a month, including some utilities/bills and a lease for under a year, i'm not considering a flatshare.
My preference is to find somewhere downtown, as I don't know where I will be working yet, I think looking for somewhere central would be the best idea at the moment.

Does this sound realistic? If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

I should have been more specific:)

I'm looking for a furnished 1 bedroom apartment to rent for under $1200 a month, including some utilities/bills and a lease for under a year, i'm not considering a flatshare.
My preference is to find somewhere downtown, as I don't know where I will be working yet, I think looking for somewhere central would be the best idea at the moment.

Does this sound realistic? If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

I'm not totally sure on the downtown prices for renting, but that sounds fairly realistic. I'd definitely suggest checking out Craigslist. That's probably your best bet as far as looking for a place goes. I'm sure you could find other housing websites on Google.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom