Calling all Twin Cities/Minnesotan U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I know there are some of you out there (kyra1, spiral_suitcase, Lilly, zonelistener, visionsaul). Some of us from the U2-Midwest Yahoo group are going to plan a little get-together in January (we figured AFTER the holidays would be best for everyone). So far the idea is to meet at this great little Irish pub on Lake St. called Molly Quinn's on Sunday, Jan. 20th for brunch! They make a mean Irish breakfast and the beer is good.
smile.gif

Anyways, post here or email me at sulawesigirl@yahoo.com if you're interested. It should be a good time.
smile.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ok, I got it cleared. I'm dragging a friend along. So I'm up for crazy Lake St. Now I must know when?

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Just wanted to post the first post of 2002 on this forum!

Sorry!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

HEY!!!!!! WHEN ARE WE MEETING???!!!! I must know soon...I'll be out of town until the 19th now, so if y'all could decide soon. My vote would be for a time after 12:00 (hehehehe, that's when I wake up...)
thanks

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

Even though I don't live in St. Paul anymore, I felt compelled to reply to ya'll who still are there! Anyone ever catch U2 when they played at First Ave. or The Armory back in the 80's. And the first time I EVER heard U2 on the radio was on WMC, the Macalaster College radio station in the 80's. It's fun to read where ya'll are going to meet...hoisted a Guinness or 2 at Molly's meself...
Hope it's okay just to keep in touch with you
Minnesotans. (and Lilly, sorry I offended you at PLEBA...I'm really not an ageist
wink.gif

Originally posted by ballykissangel:
Even though I don't live in St. Paul anymore, I felt compelled to reply to ya'll who still are there! Anyone ever catch U2 when they played at First Ave. or The Armory back in the 80's. And the first time I EVER heard U2 on the radio was on WMC, the Macalaster College radio station in the 80's.
Hope it's okay just to keep in touch with you
Minnesotans.

Ballykissangel....you would be a local U2 LEGEND! Did you see them at First Ave.? Unfortunately, I did not live here then, nor would I have been old enough to see them at First Ave. at the time (wasn't called something else though?). I am at least 12 years older than Lilly though, so hopefully you'll be able to accept my age
wink.gif

Would love to hear more about U2 in the Cities back in the early days. They talked about those days when they were here for Popmart. Pretty cool.

Actually, i think they were at 7th St Entry...weren't even big enough for the main stage at 1st ave. I actually never got to see them at those venues because I was always out of town. But my friend was a d.j. at WMC and he actually got to interview them for the radio station during the "white flag" era. Also, for JT tour, they did 2 shows at the then St.Paul Civic Center...both were incredible...but on the first night, Bono had NO voice and really sucked. He was much better the 2nd night. Then of course, the ZooTV tour at Target center and I actually drove to Ames IA to catch another show on that same tour. I was still living in St. Paul during PopMart, and boy, the sound was horrid at the Hubie Dome...and then I moved away...not because of the horrid sound...anyway, I think they all liked the Twin Cities a bunch...

oops forgot....First Ave used to be called Sam's, but that was a really really long time ago in the 70's i think...i didn't live there then...

My son grew up in St.Paul, on U2. He still lives there but I don't and so for the Elevation tour we met at various cities to see em together...U2...a family affair. And I finally got to meet one of em this year...met Mr. The Edge in Denver.

well of course I'm new..I'm curious about the group. well for 1 of course I still am very new to alot of U2..so I would be worried to be kinda unaware..out-of-the-loop even with just general knowledge about U2.. But I might be interested in meeting some you all sometime.

thanx

Kyle

hey Kyle!

you should definitely meet up with us. we're a fun and crazy bunch of U2 fans. :up:

PM me sometime (I promise my inbox is cleared out now, so it shouldn't bounce like last time. :huh: )

cheers
sula

Sula,
I tried sending you a pm. Some reason I received a pm from myself, lol. But, basically I just said that to keep me posted about the group. Thanx

Kyle

IRISH FAIR AUGUST 11 & 12

Is anyone planning to go to the Irish Fair at Harriet Island this weekend? It is free (parking may not be). I have gone the last 3 years and it is pretty fun. Lots of music and food and junk to buy.

I'll probably be going on Saturday.

razzle frazzle

NO of COURSE i can't make it. not like i'm IRISH or ANYTHING!

razzle frazzle nannying dern kids

:banghead:

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom