California Meet Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2SJ said:
Mr. Baw.... I dont think you realize how very excited you should be!
ZooStation will blow your mind... best tribute band ever!!!
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

thanks for the kind words! not sure about best ever, but we try to put on a good show......

i'll *try* to attach our flyer for the upcoming shows.....

mike
zoo station

zoopromo_elevation.jpg

california_mike said:

thanks for the kind words! not sure about best ever, but we try to put on a good show......

i'll *try* to attach our flyer for the upcoming shows.....

mike
zoo station

zoopromo_elevation.jpg

Happy Birthday, Mike!

I'll buy you a beer or two when we see you on 3/13...ps...which one are you on this poster..???

Mr. and Mrs. BAW

Yeah, Happy Bday Mike!!! Hope you had a great day! :wave:

And Mr. BAW, Mike is the one in the back who looks and sounds like Edge :D

thanks for the b'day wishes....i was confused at first at how you guys knew....

and yeah, i'm the #7 fella in the back....play the guitar, and hack around the keys when the song requires it...

later,
mike

I'm mooching my ride to get from Modesto to San Francisco.I'm excited to meet other fellow Interferencers and have a blast,a drink,and listen to some good music..SEE EVERYONE SOON!!!

AdamsPoptart said:
I'm mooching my ride to get from Modesto to San Francisco.I'm excited to meet other fellow Interferencers and have a blast,a drink,and listen to some good music..SEE EVERYONE SOON!!!

This party is really picking up steam now....SF here we come!!!!

:lol:

My sister keeps asking about this get together everyday :laugh:

some of her questions:

Who's goin be there??
Are they nice???
Will they mind if a baby is there?

so on and so forth!! :lol: we are both excited for this weekend especially to see the ZOOSTATION!!!:up:

Tell sis that we'll stay behind and baby sit the kid while you go party!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She'll have a blast; so will your niece/nephew (????)

I think the baby needs some ID because Z00Station is 21+! :)

Mr. BAW said:
Tell sis that we'll stay behind and baby sit the kid while you go party!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She'll have a blast; so will your niece/nephew (????)

I think the baby needs some ID because Z00Station is 21+! :)

Well the plan is that one of them(sis or hubby) will babysit the baby in the hotel room while me and the other half go to the gig and most likely it will be hubby babysitting :laugh:

Okay we have 11 days until we meet up!! :hyper:

Do we know you all is coming for sure yet? or are there still people undecided??

Hey guys.... well I am scheduled to work on 3/13 so I will probably just be able to meet up that night either before ZooStation somewhere or at Johnny Foleys for ZooStation....
I still dont know where my boyfriend and I are staying, I am hoping at a friends house in SF cuz she lives right near the show... otherwise we will be near the Civic Center...
But we will be able to party all Saturday night with you all !!!
:hyper::dance::hyper::dance: Whoohooooo!!!

Without the tickets in front of me I think..... :hmm:

We leave LAX to San Jose and land near 2:30 pm Friday....pick up rental and then drive to SFO, check into Clarion Hotel then call whoever's there....then Friday night is up in the air...want to check with Sicy and Jim to see if they have any ideas...

Sunday we leave the San Jose at 3:30 or so and then land LAX at near 4:45 pm...

We're staying at Clarion which is one mile from SFO...:)

You should come to the dance club Firday and take a couple beginner lessons.. then watch us dance Salsa :sexywink:

Mr. BAW said:
Without the tickets in front of me I think..... :hmm:

We leave LAX to San Jose and land near 2:30 pm Friday....pick up rental and then drive to SFO, check into Clarion Hotel then call whoever's there....then Friday night is up in the air...want to check with Sicy and Jim to see if they have any ideas...

Sunday we leave the San Jose at 3:30 or so and then land LAX at near 4:45 pm...

We're staying at Clarion which is one mile from SFO...:)

Okay cool!!:up:

Mr. BAW said:
Dear Radio;

I've shown you mine, now show me yours...

Mr. BAW:wink:

:sexywink: I will!!

*Still trying to figure them out tho :laugh:

As of right now:

We will be getting into SF around about 8pm Fri night (sister's hubby cant get off work until 5pm and that gives an hour for final packing and feeding of the wee one and then about an 1 1/2hr driving time)

Staying at the Embassy Suites, which I think it near to where you and BAW are staying

Sunday is up to when my sister wants to get back home and mostly likely we will prolly see you and Baw off to the airport before we leave to go home

:)

Hey California Mike - are we gonna be guaranteed entrance to your show on Sat., 3/13/04 ???? do we need to get on a guest list? what time do you guys go on? what time should we get there...you're dealing with out of towners!!

can you give us some feedback, thanks,

Mr. BAW

Mr. BAW said:

can you give us some feedback, thanks,

Mr. BAW

hey -

johnny foley's is not a cover charge kinda place.....so there isn't a guest list. its got a pretty big bar, but they also serve up some decent food right up until show time. actually, they don't usually let us even load in our gear until 8:30-9:00 or so since thats still dinner time. we'll start usually around 9:30-10:00....and i *think* we were going to do 2 long sets as opposed to our usual 3 shorter sets....but we'll see.

my suggestion would be to get there somewhat early (before 9ish?)....stake out a place and start drinking. you could even eat dinner there if you want. we're playing upstairs (ground level actually --- they have a proper stage downstairs that is being remodeled supposedly)....and its kind of a weird setup..there is a small bar area that faces where we play that would probably be a prime spot to gather, but since its prime, its not usually wide open for me to grab for you guys......either way, we've only played there 2 times before this, but each time, it didn't get really crowded until after 10:30 or so....

hope that helps. oh...and if you're driving, parking is a super pain in the ass...the garages will gouge you, so keep an eye out for street parking. otherwise, its close to bart and taxis and the like.....

mike

Back
Top Bottom