California Meet Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think the plan is for the weekend of March 12/13. Are they playing then?

Hi's all,

I just got word that Elevation USA may be playing in Vegas Tuesday March 16th. Its almost confirmed and I'll let you know for sure when it is. Just thought you guys might be interested since you're out that way. It'll be a huge pre-St. Pats bash.

their website is ElevationUSA.com

U2SJ said:

Can we get Unforgettable Fire into Spanish Eyes again perhaps? :hyper:

sure thing....if you're makin' the trip all the way up to san rafael, thats the least we can do!

see ya,
mike
zoo station

BAW's are staying at the Clarion Hotel in Millbrae - $57 per night.

I got this deal through United website...go to ual.com, click on Hotels and follow the links to San Francisco..if you go to Clarion directly, the rooms are $99 to $129.

You must pay in full via the internet and if you use this link, you are only penalized $25 if you cancel. If you use Ebay, its the same price, you pay in full and there is no refund if you cancel.

The Clarion at SFO is centrally close to everything even though we're actually flying in and out of San Jose which saved us over $200... for us to fly from OC to SFO, it was $410... from LAX to SJC it was only $198..

See ya' when we see 'ya...

Sicy said:
Well I think the plan is for the weekend of March 12/13. Are they playing then?

Sicy- Yes I think Mike said they are playing Johnny Foley's on Saturday 3/13! I think this would be really awesome for all of us to be there together :yes:

Mike is that right? Saturday Johnny Foley's ??? :hyper::hyper:

So should I get a room for both nights in SF too? Or are we just doing the Saturday meet-up?

I dont know if I will be able to catch the show since it's on Sat, I have to get approval from sis bc her final for her class is on March 17th :wink:

Hmm...if we are traviling from SF to Milbrea for the concert i hope is going to a designated driver.I'm going to take the BART from Pleasanton to SF.Somebody better come and get me!It will just be so cool to meet other Interferencers from Cali....I just want to party all night until the cows come home.I'm going no matter what anybody say..heehee.SF OR BUST!!!

Adamspoptart- Millbrae is where BAW and I will be hoteled; I'm not sure about any others; Sicy lives near there and quite frankly I am not certain who else is going...from what I read and understand, there is a show somewhere in San Francisco (???) but I don't know where...U2SJ apparently knows of a band...

there will be more news to come...:)

RadioSweetheart said:
I dont know if I will be able to catch the show since it's on Sat, I have to get approval from sis bc her final for her class is on March 17th :wink:

Wait, wait wait..you started this thread, are you saying that you're only coming for Friday night????

U2SJ said:

Mike is that right? Saturday Johnny Foley's ??? :hyper::hyper:

correct.....we have a gig scheduled for saturday 3/13 at johnny foleys....its kind of a semi-secret show. our booking guy doesn't want us to advertise it on our site because it might steal some of the thunder of our big st. patty's day super-show the following wednesday......but whatever. i'm tellin people about it anyway!

and just an fyi --- foley's is right downtown, and there are tons of hotels around there -- even one directly across the street. i can't remember what it is...i just know its a chain. but of course, sf is not the cheapest place for overnight accomodations.

later,
mike
mike@zoostation-online.com

Mr. BAW said:

Wait, wait wait..you started this thread, are you saying that you're only coming for Friday night????

I hoping to come for Sat night too but it up to my sister!!!

Guys- I will be staying over by the civic center... there are lots of good hotels around there, and they are cheaper than the rest of the city. And its about a 10 dollar cab ride to the show if its at Johnny Foleys.... If anyone needs some info on some hotels, feel free to PM me.
Radiosweetheart.... if anything you should come on Saturday not Friday! Saturday would be incredible at the ZooStation show!

So what are the plans for Friday night guys?

*is still trying to figure out where to stay

Where is the Gathering Head Quarters going to be?? ie one of the hotels people are staying or somewhere else!!

Okay I am in for the 2 nights, I am staying at the Embassy Suites near to where the BAWs are staying, I think :hmm:

We need to decide what y'all want to do for food that weekend??

Where do you all want to meet on Friday??? It will have to be a late dinner around 8pm for me and sister and her hubby bc he is coming and he is going to be working until 5pm :wink: That is if we are meeting for a dinner or whatever!!!

We've stayed at that Embassy Suites and you'll love it!!! we will make plans to see you Friday night and go from there...Sicy and Jim will be with us, I hope...so far, all is well and even better now that we know you'll be there two nights!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

I think I'm was getting confused when you asked about a Gathering Headquarters ...?????.... well, since there appears to be a handful of peoples, we'll gather at wherever....let's wait until later when others make themselves known before figure out where to gather...we're exited too! :hyper:

I have one idea of what we can do on Sat (if you all are interested) we could go and visit the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, checked prices already and its $10 for adults!! :hmm:

just idea :wink:

I'm There Peoples!

Let's all meet up..Where The Streets Have No Name.When we all meet we should have a theme for the gathering.Oh Yeah...it's near St.Paddy's day.Let's all get :censored:drunk.:drunk:Let's rock n roll peeps!

Last edited:
*bump*

Just under 3 weeks to go until the Meet up!! :hyper: I wont be visiting the board for awhile but I wanted to tell the meetup people that I am definately going to be there.

:wave:

I cant wait either guys!:hyper:
We saw ZooStation at Johnny Foleys on Saturday night and the venue is incredible and ZooStation is even more incredible!!
You guys are gonna absolutely LOVE IT!!! :dance:
4 hours of ZooStation :combust:
So 3/13 will be a blast guys!!! The more true U2 fans we can get in there the better it will be!!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Mr. Baw.... I dont think you realize how very excited you should be!
ZooStation will blow your mind... best tribute band ever!!!
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Back
Top Bottom