British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desert_Sky

Acrobat
Hey there,
Just wondering how many british U2 fans there are who come here? I'm from Bristol, but a student at Plymouth University, and would like to get to know some other big u2 fans, as everyone here at uni likes them, but i'm yet to find someone with the same passion as me!!
So just thought would be nice if we could get to know one another (i'm fairly new to posting on this board as well)
Hope all is well, hope to hear from someone!!

Not from near Bristol I'm afraid. Abit south of Newcastle in Durham. I know how you feel about not being able to find anyone who is as into U2 as you are. Most of my friends hate U2 which is not fun and causes arguments but a couple of people like U2 but could hardly be called huge fans or anything like that they just like some of the music.

Hey!! Someone replied! thanx uv2001. Thats exactly wat its like for me. My older brother is a huge fan, but hey got me into them, and here at uni its such a nightmare. people may like them, but they dont understand how i can like just 1 band so much. But hey they just don't understand!!!! Anyway it's good to hear from you, don't know many people round these parts yet so it's nice to meet new fans
smile.gif

Hope you make a load of new friends. You never know there might be another huge U2 fan hiding somewhere near you who is also looking for someone who is a huge U2 fan. It's possible. Unfortunately I have lived her for years and there just aren't any lol. Well there will be when I move to Dublin
smile.gif

U2 fan from Hull in East Yorkshire.

Been a fan since around War album and seen them 11 times highlighting in Slane 1 and getting a place in the outer heart.

Looking forward to the tour in the summer once its confirmed.

I know what you mean about not coming across big U2 fans though, its like they're out of fashion but the following is massive when it comes to trying to get tickets.

L.I.V.E.R.P.O.O.L
smile.gif

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

Cool, A brit thread
smile.gif
Im also from the North east. there a quite a few brits who hover around this board.

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Originally posted by Ace Rimmer:
Cool, A brit thread
smile.gif
Im also from the North east. there a quite a few brits who hover around this board.

Where in the North East?
smile.gif
It's great to find other U2 fans in the area
smile.gif

Better late than never.

L.E.E.D.S Nice to know there are other Brits around the place.
smile.gif

Just seen this thread - I'm also from LEEDS, been a U2 fan since about 1985 & am gradually converting my wife and 5 year old son.

hiya Im from Kent...

wondering how many Brits plan to catch as many U2 gigs in the UK as possible this tour...? I know I will go to as many as I can :hyper:

buddie2001 said:
U2 fan from Hull in East Yorkshire.

Been a fan since around War album and seen them 11 times highlighting in Slane 1 and getting a place in the outer heart.

Looking forward to the tour in the summer once its confirmed.

I know what you mean about not coming across big U2 fans though, its like they're out of fashion but the following is massive when it comes to trying to get tickets.

Well I'm from the same place!!!

I thought there was only me and our little gang!!
:wink:

celia said:
hiya Im from Kent...

wondering how many Brits plan to catch as many U2 gigs in the UK as possible this tour...? I know I will go to as many as I can :hyper:

I don't care how many gigs I catch as long as I go to at least one! :hyper:

Hello people, arriving long after everyone else as ever.
Anyway I live in London overspill territory but I'm at Uni in Nottingham.
And yes I'm hoping to catch as many shows as possible, oh yes.

tarquinsuperb said:
Hello people, arriving long after everyone else as ever.
Anyway I live in London overspill territory but I'm at Uni in Nottingham.
And yes I'm hoping to catch as many shows as possible, oh yes.

Alright mate, i started this thread 2 years ago! hahah! crazy. Time flies! I'm back living in Bristol now, graduated from plymouth a couple of months back etc etc. Working life now - before i go travelling!

Yo' I'm from Glasgow, Hoping to catch 3 shows this time around, but if I can only get one I'll be happy with that!

Hey all, am Irish but living in London - huge U2 fan - was at Earls court Elevation tour!

Desert Sky - the travelling thing rocks - did it for 2.5 years before came to London - makes you see the world in a whole new light!

Has there ever been an U2 gatherings etc in UK??

tarquin - i'm not sure yet, nothing really planned, but maybe inter-railing first - i'll take it from there!

Party Boy - No gatherings that i'm aware of. But that is ever the more reason to organise some!

I was at earls court as well, went on the 18th...

:D

nearer the time we could perhaps organise a meet up when U2 tour the UK! cos I know a lot of us will probably be wanting to get to shows early etc. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom