British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vaz02 said:
That be terrible if they played arena's next tour, the MEN in Manchester is such a crap venue imo but its quite accesible unlike Eastlands. The memories of heckling the fosters lady will last me a life time :lol:

What you studying at uni anyway 1stepcloser ?

yeah eastlands was a right trek for me and my mate to walk to from manc city centre. i'd rather have an arena tour though. stadiums do my head in. far too big and the sound gets blown about too.

i'm doing history at leeds. 3rd year now. quite looking forward to finishing. sick of having no money in the bank. although my loan did go in today so that'll keep me going for now....

are you at college or uni?

At college but taking a gap year when i finish in May. I was gonna go Leeds met but decided to knock it on the head because i really cant be bothered with education any more.

So how much debt have you clocked up in total lol >?

god knows, i haven't totalled it all up yet but it's not as bad as some of the wasters i know here.

fair play if education isn't your game any more. i'm up to my neck in it now and i've had enough. i'm actually looking forward to getting a job, never thought i'd say that (although i don't want a job until july cos i've got a free house at the end of june lol).

leeds is a pretty cool city if you did decide to go here.

Yeah ive heard good things about Leeds, Ive got mates who have gone either Bangor or Liverpool and they say its alright.

Education has always been an excuse to avoid working but over the past few months its just dawned on me that i cant be fucked any more, i just wanna live life now and move out.

Ive got a free house in August for 2 weeks, im gonna make the most of it :yes: ( shame, i might actually be working then )

Im just afraid of having no more holidays or weeks off lol.

Good luck with getting into coventry uni SWlondnr :up: :wave: do you have a myspace?

London baby.
Would be great to hear from or meet up with other UK U2 fans. Good to see there are so many of us!!

Hm, can't remember whether I've posted in this thread before.. probably have, ah well. I'm from London, moving down to Falmouth (Cornwall) for uni in Sept :hyper: I'm so excited, getting away from London (and Boris) - anyone here from that area of the world? :wink:

^My best friends sister goes to Falmouth uni :up: Haha, how uninteresting. Have fun there! Boris :| :madwife:

Hm, can't remember whether I've posted in this thread before.. probably have, ah well. I'm from London,

Ditto to all that!

And why all the hate for Boris J?! :ohmy: Well I gotta admit that one of my main reasons for voting for him was his stance on getting ri of the bendy buses and bringing back the classic routemaster. Now he tells us we won't see it back until 2011 at the earliest!:angry:

(Apologies for turning this thread political!)

Ditto to all that!

And why all the hate for Boris J?! :ohmy: Well I gotta admit that one of my main reasons for voting for him was his stance on getting ri of the bendy buses and bringing back the classic routemaster. Now he tells us we won't see it back until 2011 at the earliest!:angry:

London busses rule :up::love:

Ditto to all that!

I just don't like him as a person to be honest (with the racism an all), but can understand why people would want to vote for him - he was proposing alot for London :up:

I would like to resurrect this thread-in light of the upcoming album and also in light of the fact that I have been here two years now and have been out of touch with U2/U2 fans in the UK/London!

:wave:

Hi fellow Brits! I just joined this forum in anticipation for the new album...I can't believe the wait is finally over. Hope you're all doing ok. :)

:wave: how's it going?

Anyone planning on doing the Brits next month?

:wave:

I`ll try and get tickets for the Brits when they go on sale at Seetickets.com but I don`t have much hope of getting any. If I do I`ll let you know!

Failing that I`ll be glued to the TV.

Hey Pamela!

I'm going to try and I think some others are too, but I think actually getting tickets is going to be a challenge :| We'll have to come up with a cunning plan :lol:

I love to be able to get to the Brits, but being down in ye west country I won't be able to do it :huh: Shame though - good luck you guys! I'll look on with envy if you get tickets haha :wink:

I love to be able to get to the Brits, but being down in ye west country I won't be able to do it :huh: Shame though - good luck you guys! I'll look on with envy if you get tickets haha :wink:

Yeah I'm in the midlands and can't afford to go at all :lol: What am I doing?! Have fun watching it on the TV and being in jolly ol' Falmouth :up:

:wave: Just spotted this thread, I joined last year but only just come out of lurking/shyness to posting.:D

Cannot wait for new album and the brits!!:D

:wave: Hey Dani, how's it going? Your name's a bit misleading :lol: You're not really English at all, are you?!

Yeah I'm in the midlands and can't afford to go at all :lol: What am I doing?! Have fun watching it on the TV and being in jolly ol' Falmouth :up:

Whereabouts are the Brits being held? Because even by car London is a good 5 hours from here and yeah, can't afford it and it's too far - not to mention it's mid-term - bah, typical! :wink:

I think on TV will have to do, but I am mollified with the prospect of tomorrow and hearing the new single for the "first" time (I couldn't help myself and downloaded the snippet, I wish I hadn't). So do you think you will make it?

I'm a little far away to make the Brits and getting tickets will be a nigthmare anyway, I'll be glued to the telly that night though.

What are people's plans for the tour when it comes around? How many shows are people planning to attend in the UK?

:wave: Hey Dani, how's it going? Your name's a bit misleading :lol: You're not really English at all, are you?!

:wave: hey!!

Yep, of course I'm English, geordie girl in fact. :D Just also a bit of a chili peppers fan.:D and yeah, the name is a bit misleading lol:lol:

Back
Top Bottom